I created a new device

I finished organizing the source, compiled firmware, and 3d models. I’m just writing a build guide, operation instructions, and some misc github documents. I will have the project uploaded to github before friday.

4 Likes

Wow - well done!

I hope you like it and build it.

4 Likes

i was going to build something like this because my hands free stand keeps me too far away from the mouse. that looks great.
what platform microcontroller platform are you using? also what filament is that it looks amazing!

1 Like

The blue filament is FLASHFORGE Burnt titanium PLA and the transparent is GIANTARM Clear PLA. I can’t recommend that clear PLA enough. It prints great, has the best clarity of a clear PLA I have found, and it is the most rigid PLA I have used. Just make sure you dry it before use and keep it dry because steam bubbling is noticable with transparent filaments.

The microcontroller is the Lilygo T-Display S3, based on the ESP32-S3 platform in Arduino language (it can run micropython but arduino runs faster from what I have seen). At $13 I cannot recommend that board highly enough and I use it in all of my projects. With the 2 onboard buttons and screen you can display and control a GUI without any extra components. They also have amoled and touchscreen versions but they are more expensive and I dont think touchscreen would work well for this application. Everything is detailed in the github build guide.

If you like it and want to develop or have any ideas for features let me know. I want to collaborate with people.

I cleaned up the code a bit and added speed control for the animated LED functions.
Right now I am evaluating these linear potentiometers Pololu - Force-Sensing Linear Potentiometer: 4.0″×0.4″ Strip, Customizable Length
(these look promising for another device I will make if they work well)
Next I will add vibration through Intiface game haptics router, and work on other intiface/ buttplug io integration. I could use some help on this.

ahh nice yeah i’ve got too many ESP32’s and arduinos. i went a bit mad with projects and now that i’ve got a 3D printer i’ve ordered an STM32 to learn and upgrade my old audio gear with. the main two things i was wanting for the custom remote over just having push buttons was dials for quick raising and lowering of the max stroke length which will be easy enough depending how the software listens. but i’d love to some how route to an external screen on the remote or maybe another that can be mounted under the monitor/tv that shows the stroke timeline like scriptplayer does. but this way you arn’t losing so much video space by having it running down the bottom, i just haven’t had time to see what kind of API calls or what they are running or could be tapped into. i’m assuming it would be something like that since all of the players seem to do the same kind of sync with each other.

I have been wanting to make a touchscreen wireless keyboard mouse using this

I already have the board but havent gotten around to cocoding it. They just need a 3D printed case and battery.

It shouldnt be hard to make a screen with sliders, other ui elements and a section displaying readings.
There is also a 7" screen version.

They just need a 3D printed case and a battery.

3 Likes

I have it working with Stepmania - the modern DDR/ rhythm game. There are many tools for creating and editing stepcharts. I am still experimenting and will write a function that has an output better tailored for this aplication and make some custom “songs”. But, I have a real cockhero type game working

I updated the firmware to add a StepMania mode. I recommend Project OutFox. All you have to do is map the controls to the device like you do anytime you setup a new controller and toggle a setting to remove Jumps (pressing more than one key at a time. You can play any stepmania song like this but very hard songs might be impossible. You can also create your own songs with custom background images or video. I updated the github and have all necessary instructions on there.

I won’t really post about it here anymore since this isn’t really scripting related, but if someone has questions or whatever I will respond. Thanks

2 Likes