I created a new device

-3D printed modular sleeve housing system
-Hot-swappable cherry Mx style key switches along the lenght of the device for depth sensing (4 switches + no switch = 5 depths of sensing)
-Onboard display and microprocessor for games or using the device as a computer input device
-Bluetooth and wired usb keyboard modes for sending information to connected devices

This can be used as a controller to play games, as a computer input device for recording scripts, or as a standalone device.

The modular structure of the device allows for near total customizability for different users body shapes. It is also compatible with different sleeves from different manufacturers. Attached a pic of it with adapters matching the standard fleshlight dimensions to fit fleshlight sleeves. I also made an adapter for another style of sleeve that is much cheaper than fleshlight ones ($18 vs $60).

I am wondering if anyone is interested in a device like this? Scripters? Game devs? Hardware devs?

21 Likes

So instead of scripting by hand, I can just fap and have this device record? Damn man that sounds lovely

3 Likes

Yes. The way I have it programmed now it acts like a keyboard and sends a keypress corresponding to a character based on how deep the user is. Keys can be mapped to the standard ascii characters onboard the device. It should be easy to develop for because everything is interfaced as a normal keyboard. However it is based on an ESP32 so it can be programmed to do anything.

2 Likes

When it comes to scripting it is still an issue of matching the video. For anyone that tried to fap in sync with a video knows that it isn’t easy for anything but short periods. This device will be similar to on-the-fly scripting with a mouse, joystick or a stick on a game controller most likely.

Furthermore, if I understood it correctly this device only have 5 levels and that isn’t good enough for scripting. Most scripts use 10% increments on a 0-100% scale i.e. 11 distinct levels, when scripted frame-by-frame. Not using the full scale of 101 levels is just because it’s more convenient to map 11 keys on the numpad. Motion tracking/AI, on-the-fly etc. use the full scale (101 levels).

For this device to be useful for scripting it would need more levels and the ability to record more than one axis to simplify multi-axis scripting. I assume that would require more sensors like accelerator sensors on a mobile phone. Then there is the question if it’s really practical to script while having a hard on.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.
I agree with many of your points.
As configured it is limited to 1 Axis, depth independent of orientation. For multi axis it would need a nother sensor, and it is capable of adding that and transmitting that data. Such a sensor is <$10. Or it could interface with a multi axis stroker capable of reporting orientation information to a computer. The design you see is the base and the main design considerations were precision and ease of use + construction.

With the 4 digital switches as input it is limited to 5 digital states, so for 101 levels there would need to be a post processing interpolation algorithm that smooths out the signal after recording (I could do this on the device based on depth and velocity too but that would require predicting insertion/ extraction so I wouldnt do this). Measuring depth is kind of complicated for this mix of flexible flesh, plastic and fluids. I compromised with a readily available circuit board for the keys that doesnt require any soldering. High quality keyboard switches are reliable, precise, don’t require any software debouncing, and there are hundreds of models to chose from.
This design also uses off the shelf sleeves from other manufacturers without modification. I could design custom sleeves with integrated sensors etc but that is further down the line and would be relatively expensive given the scale of a niche product. The design constraint is around 6 inches of sensing depth (has to fit most people) including space at the front of a sleeve that is unusable, divided by the space between sensors (switches in this case).

I suppose that the best use case now is as a game controller for a cockhero type game where you stroke in sync with a script or match a waveform.
On device I have just coded an experience system that counts key presses and converts that into an experience score that increases with use.

1 Like

Another problem with recording scripts is how to ensure that the actions in the video are consistent when recording. When making the script, I need to be accurate to at least about 2 frames, which means that a maximum error of 1 frame is allowed. Another question that comes to my mind is how to control the number of recording points. If there are too many, it may be compatible with OSR.But not compatible with the handy

This is capable of < 14 ms latency while independently controlling the 4 onboard rgb LEDs. If I disable the LEDs it does < 3 ms. Last time I checked, and there is lots of room for optimization. So it should be more than capable timing wise for 30 - 60 hz videos.

I focused on reliably producing a low latency signal to a computer for use in other applications. For example a scripting program can take the raw signal (as a numerical value for depth levels 0 + 1-4 with 1- 2 ms latency) then quantize that to sync with 30, 60 fps then interpolate those 5 levels to whatever. Many of the scripts I see could be expressed in 5 levels anyway.

I don’t think the latency in your solution will be the culprit. The most noticeable “latency” with all on-the-fly style scripting is actually the reaction time of the person scripting. That’s why on-the-fly requires you to run the video in slow motion and why some software support a delay adjustment to be applied on all recorded points to compensate for reaction time.

Yes “skill issue” latency.
I can only focus on producing a reliable instrument for others to perform with.

1 Like

I am aiming at the majority of users for the first most basic and affordable device. Anything could be added on. What % of users would you say are capable of multi axis playback and would benefit from dof sensing? What % of scripters would require more than 5 level, software interpolated scripts?

To be able to create detailed quality scripts you need at least 11 levels (0, 10, 20, … 100).

Regarding device usage. The following post is from Oct 2022, but should give an indication at least. I think the major issue with multi axis is that it takes much longer to script combined with a smaller market share for OSR. If you add VR vs flat and genre/actress preferences to that it becomes even more complicated to find a multi axis script of your liking.

Thanks. It looks like roughly 80% is single variable depth or intensity.

Do you think people would find value in it for scripting at least in producing a usable template for scripts? Instead of it needing to be a perfect script as is, such a recording may be useful for providing a good first draft for artists to manually touch up and fine tune. I can only assume that would be better than needing to manually script everything, plus its way more fun.

These are my reflections on this. Everyone might not agree with me on this (but I think many do).

I script frame by frame because I find it equally tedious and time consuming to touch up a script after using e.g. motion tracker. I strive for quality when it comes to sync, precision and details. Therefore any tools must support that. Recording on the fly with only 5 levels will force the scripter to go through everything and add the details. That is probably equally cumbersome as doing it from scratch.

You will also still need to manually script blowjobs since you need to be creative when it comes to translating what you see to a single axis. Similarly, the devices can’t release its grip like a human hand so you need to be creative to handle that as well as when hands/mouth move in different directions or out of sync. This is very hard or impossible to script with on the fly scripting, which this device equals to.

IMHO, your device is probably not for scripting and more for interactive games where you control the action and want the motion replicated on screen (in opposite to when what happens in the game is replicated to the device, much like when watching a video with a script).

5 Likes

This, just all points are invalid and too many of them.

Yeah don’t think it will be much helpful for scripting yet but a keyboard for penis sounds hella cool. I remember there were numerous depth-sensing onaholes marketed to interact with games (USB Onacon, Ju-C Air, Chu-B Lip). Most sufferred from latency and poor software support. Since this thing uses key switches I imagine it’ll be more responsive?

Also not sure if these DIY designs interests you:

I think it is feasible to provide a first draft. However, based on my current experience, it will also take time to fix an incorrect first draft, but it is better than nothing. In general, I think it is necessary to conduct an actual case to know whether it has any effect on efficiency

Especially when it comes to JOI videos, this type of device (after much revision), would be THE device to have for content creators.

Creating a dildo with sensors for camgirls would probably be a better use of development time.

We’re patiently waiting for the announcement of Teledong’s official release xP

How much did you spend in total to make it?, I hope there will be one day when we will make our own onaholes with video sync just with a mini-computer and a 3d printer, in just one $200 is very expensive especially if it is not the currency of your country, in this case we could print more if the first one broke

1 Like