I initially had no plans to launch the SR6 version of FUNSR PRO, as it would be quite costly and relatively heavy, weighing approximately 3.5 to 4 kilograms.
However, after the official release of FUNSR PRO, I received numerous inquiries asking if I would develop an SR6 variant. This has left me hesitant, so I’d like to gather everyone’s opinions.
Advantages
- Extremely powerful. It can easily handle a load of 5 kg, and even support heavier weights.
- Adopting joint motors ensures precise movement and low noise levels — existing users of FUNSR PRO and MINI will be familiar with these benefits.
Disadvantages
- High price: Each unit will cost around $700 to $800.
- Heavy weight: The total weight will be roughly 3.5 to 4 kg.
Looking forward to your thoughts.
Would you purchase the SR6 version of FUNSR PRO if it is released?
- Very interested, will definitely purchase
- Fairly interested, may purchase
- On the fence, waiting for detailed specs and pricing
- Not very interested
- Not interested at all
Feel free to share your thoughts. Your opinions mean a lot to me. Thank you very much!
It’s an instant buy for me. The silence, and range of all axis are fantastic.
You would be surprised it’s an instant upgrade for a lot of people that have normal sr6’s or those that want the highest spec device to use bigger fleshlights/onaholes and to have potentially quieter motors. Even I who was disappointed in my funsr1’s performance and quality would pick it up. I don’t see anything wrong with having a very high end device as an option even if it’s not readily available and instead build to order or sold in batches of 5-10 at a time.
Even good BLDC motors costs 40~60$ for 1, and SR6 needs 6. 700~800$ for quieter and stronger device wouldn’t cost too much.
It is still expensive idk what the margins would be but 3d printing doesn’t cost a lot
Instant buy for me as well. I have the FUNSR PRO already so I know how good it would be!
Actually, the FUNSR PRO is really pretty good. Back then, I thought it boasted an excellent design that strikes a great balance between performance and weight.
We’ve successfully finalized the all-metal enclosure design for the MINI model. Therefore, if we develop the SR6 version of the FUNSR PRO in the future, it will most likely feature a metal housing as well.
The biggest cost by far is the time investment. I would have to set aside all my ongoing work to handle the full development cycle, including industrial design, exterior styling, firmware development, chip selection, and system integration solutions.
Like I said do a trial and sell a batch of 3-5 devices using this forum it doesn’t have to be a product that is always being sold.
If it’s done like that, count me in 
@renwoxing Do you have enough data now?
4kg weight? jeez..what you making it out of? I make SR6’s out of petg with high infill and they only weigh around 1.5kgs with the stand attached..thats without the twist module..but still 
2kg case? hope that has some sort of clamp built into it.
I think it does otherwise you would just use their mount which is also metal
All subsequent products will come with a built-in fixing solution, though it will be difficult to make it flawless.
More options translate to a larger overall design, which creates significant logistical and shipping challenges.
The metal housing is not heavy; most of the weight comes from the shutdown motors. More than half of the PRO model’s total weight is contributed by its joint motors.
I’m still on the fence, but I believe there’s definitely a market for this.
Like I said you can sell small batches most people want to see it’s specs a proof of concept is not a bad idea
I would 100% buy this. The funsr pro is currently the best osr2 on the market, and this would very likely be the best osr6 on the market; even if it is prohibitively expensive and heavy I’d still want one and would probably just save money until I could buy it.
Plus the higher weight limit is very interesting since I’ve already experimented with pushing the pro model well above what it’s rated for haha.