Increase tag limits?

There is a post today where I wanted to add the paid-media tag but it looks like each posts has a 6 tag limit and I did not want to remove any of the OPs tags. Could we take a look at increasing the number of tags per post allowed?

we could increase the limit, but to what extent? I could just as easily imagine if we have an 8 tag limit, someone could use them all up and requests for even more tags. Having too many tags on a topic would make it harder to parse the information. And I certainly don’t think that unlimited tags is a good idea.

I like tags, more tags = more infos. But like always, people are too stupid or lazy to tag right. For Example it seems like 50% here don’t know what POV mean.

So I think, more possible tags more problems. I never understand why we need a paid-media tag. If I like a video and there is no free src posted, I will find it, if I search for it, legal or illegal.

1 Like

personally i like the paid-media tag, convenient in helping decide how much effort I should put into getting a video

1 Like

Too many tags and they become useless because you never know which tag to use and you never know if you find all/most content of a certain type anyways e.g., someone use fetish, someone use bdsm, someone use bondage, someone use femdom and so on. You have to filter at each individual tag to find basically the same kind of content.

Finding a good balance regarding tags is not easy and getting people to tag things “correctly” is probably even harder. Personally I don’t think it’s worth to tag much on VR videos from large studios for instance. People know what to search for and the content is quite similar in most of them. Videos from tube or patreon sites are a different matter since there is so much more diverse content there.

moving this out of #lounge and pulling in other posts

I downloaded a bunch of good looking, lately posted script here and a few of them are “very creative” in the way they scripted. First, I think it is the choice of the creator how to script a video. If he want to add additional points or he has to because of his device it is his choice. No Problemo! I do not judge quality or anything like that. The same with not matching heights, vibrating or stuff like that. I downloaded a few script who are more than 50% not accurate to the action on screen. No Hints in the post or anything else. Some wrote that the script is made with AI tracking, thats a good identifier, but not gold standard to find out if the script is following the action.

In the past / first years of interactive toys, the most scripts were more or less accurate to the action, so thats the point where I came from. Now this old standard has been weaken, it is hard to identify enjoyable scripts for me. A lot of new creators joined the party, what is a great thing! On the other site, it doesn’t make it easier to search my taste of scripts.

For those who feel offended again (read a few lines before):
First, I think it is the choice of the creator how to script a video. If he want to add additional points or he has to because of his device it is his choice. No Problemo! I do not judge quality or anything like that.

My thoughts are: We have a tag system, so why don’t tag one of the ways to make scripts. Accurate or creative? Maybe bring back the device tags for device optimized scripts? Put the tag max to 7, so the new tags don’t use a precious space.

Maybe others have the same problem too, if not nervermind the whole post.

6 Likes

This ^^^^^ is exactly what I was thinking when I read the title of your post.

Increase tag limit and I will add the tags @hugecat

2 Likes

my initial thought (in addition to what’s already been discussed in this thread) is that a freestyle tag or whatever is rare enough to not warrant more tag slots.

1 Like