JoyFunScripter 0.13.1 - Make your own scripts!

This may be a dumb question but Is there any way to manually set the FPS to 30? If not detected, Fun Scripter seems to be setting the FPS to 29.97 (see NelsonJFrank’s image) and the video I’m trying to script is 30 FPS. Having it set to 29.97 FPS is causing the overall frame timing to be off and with the length of a typical Cock Hero (say about an hour), it’s causing 108 frame corrections in that hour which, while it doesn’t seem like much, can greatly slow down scripting. Moving to a 60 FPS video causes the app to be off by 216 frames.
Just a quick and dirty example (the numbers are not true for the issue but this is the best way I can get the point across), if I have a 1 minute video with a beat every 5 seconds, occasionally, a beat would fall on the 4th second or the 6th second causing me to account for the lost or extra frames and this issue compounds with the amount of frames in the video.
If I’ve got to deal with it, then that’s fine, but if there’s something I’m missing, I’d like to learn how to resolve it. I’m a big fan of Fun Scripter so I’ll use it no matter what but something like this would make life so much easier.

1 Like

This may be a dumb question as well haha,

What do you use to open the Joyfunscripter.rar and start making scripts

.rar files can be extracted with 7zip for example.
https://7-zip.org/

1 Like

I have loaded more programs since I commented on the problems I was having and a new theory. I think my various protections, such as Comodo virus and security package was at fault. I have been able to tell Comodo to run the program with full functionality and I have not had any more problems. This is not obvious as it blocks in the background with the way I have it set and I took a while to figure this out. There may be more issues but I am able to function again anyway!

Animation5

Anyone else who got this issue when connecting a controller?
It works sometimes to connect without it acting like this, but takes about 30-40 tries before it wants to co-op.

1 Like

Having an issue. I have been using this for months. Suddenly it wont open. Literally I had it open. Used the motion tracking funscript generator(Motion Tracking Funscript Generator v0.4.x) in stand alone mode, tried to open a second JFS window to open the second script and it wouldn’t open even though I had done it before.

Closed everything and tried again, still wont open. I get an icon but at the bottom on the task bar with a smallish window when I hover over it. Restarted PC. Won’t fully open. Deleted the entire file and brought in a backup I used to setup on a laptop. Still won’t open. Wiped it all, pulled a fresh copy from the Mega here, extracted it, windows acted like it was a new program, still won’t fully open

1 Like

In the Windows task bar, try holding Shift and right click the JFS icon, then click Maximize

1 Like

I think my comp is going to shit, it won’t recognize the front USB ports now. I’ll probably have to take it in to the shop that built it and have them look at it. I’ll have them diagnose the program if they can too.

Anyway to reverse the script with the app? I mean play the end at the begin and finish at the start. An idea for a video I had for clips with scripts but I require clips to play in reverse. Thus scripts need the match in with reversed clips. Any help?

You could do this with funscript.io’s custom modification function - here’s the code that would do it

actions => {
    //applies a 100ms offset to all actions
    const endDuration = actions.slice(-1)[0].at;
    return actions.map(action => ({...action, at: endDuration - action.at}));
}

(drag in a funscript, click ‘Custom’ modifier, paste the code below in the box, click ‘Apply custom function’, then you can download the modified script)

1 Like

Hi @tombolombo , did you or anyone else ever find a solution for this in JoyFunScripter causing the script timing to be off?
I’m having the same issue while creating a script compilation edit.
My source videos are 59.97 fps but I’m also getting the error you mentioned which says “Could not detect framerate. Falling back to 29.97fps”. This timing issue is frustrating!

You could try OFS instead if no one has a solution for JFS. My experience with JFS, when I used it, was that JFS always showed that message and reverted to 30 fps.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Advice on creating compilation videos and scripts?

Here’s a 60fps version:

4 Likes

@EvelynEvil666

Whoa! THX!

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Wow very cool, Thank you!
This should be a solution to my syncing issues I was describing.

1 Like

Hi I am new to this but does anyone know how to export a cut clip along with a cut version of the script that syncs correctly??? I am using the latest version of JoyFunScripter and ffmpeg

1 Like