Lubricant for Handy Maintenance

Do you guys know any easy to get maintenance grease for the handy? I know that the Handy website says that they use BX-303/0 grease, but I cannot find any easy to buy solutions for it. I currently have krytox 205G0 grease atm too btw but I am not sure if it would be ok to use. My handy is making some mechanical noises sounding almost like what the hand on a “Spin the wheel” makes.

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the best grease for the Handy but, I use Cabela’s Food-grade Lubricating Grease. I picked it up at a Bass Pro shop. Try looking into that.

1 Like

White lithium grease paste is my go-to for everything mechanical:

Long term it’s too viscous. Dust, hair and and stuff will stick to it. It’s great for stabilizers on keyboards or shielded machinery but but not for the open exposed metal screw from the Handy.

Get the ptfe Superlube everyone is linking to. It’s great

1 Like

i am using the grease that came with my prusa mk3

1 Like

There is a thread on here regarding mechanical noise and lube. [The handy problem] I started using Super Lube, off the back of this, and it’s been invaluable. There is a link in the post to Amazon, for it, if interested.

2 Likes

Hi! I appreciate the reply! I will check it out and compare with the other’s opinions!

Hi! I appreciate the reply! I wish I had a 3d printer to get parts that I cannot buy one. I actually am looking into one someday. I’ll check and compare with the other’s opinions!

Hi! I appreciate the reply. I’ll compare with the other’s opinions. Thanks!

Super Lube Silicone Lubricating Grease Part # 92003 is both food grade and proper viscosity. It’s expensive but the tube will outlast your Handy.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I think I will go with this! Thanks so much!

OOOO I will check it out. I am tryna figure out the differences with the super lube numbers. 21000 is grease and 51000 is oils or something. what is the difference with this 92000?

Food-grade? I don’t really know.

1 Like

lol I feel that

Hold on. You guys regrease your Handys? How do you go about the disassembly process?

1 Like

You don’t have to disassemble TheHandy. Follow the official instructions here:

1 Like

I just used Super Lube 21030 and it got rid of the noise! It also made slow scripts way smoother. Thanks!

1 Like

This is what I have been using. It’s odorless and works amazingly well. You can find this at most hardware stores or online.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.