MacOS support for Scriptplayer?

I recently bought myself a Lovense Max 2 and am looking for a way to play funscripts with it.
I don’t have a Windows PC, only an iMac and a MacBook. I spent some time searching and reading post on this forum, but can’t find what i’m looking for.
Is there a way to play funscripts natively on MacOS or is this in development?
If not, is it possible to run this scripts in a VM and how do I do that?
Are there any limitations for either method?
Any help will be appreciated.

As far as I know there are no native Mac software and I doubt anyone is working on it. In part I believe it’s because Apple is going backwards and has become what Microsoft was 15 years ago, i.e. protecting their environment as much as possible and prevent any competition from coming in (Microsoft is the complete opposite today). Anyways, this is typically how many solve it: MacBook - ScriptPlayer

2 Likes

I’m not a coder, but for what I understand is that programming on a Mac is easier because the OS is UNIX based and is able to run programs in almost any language. It’s easier to make cross-platform compatible applications on a Mac computer as far as I know.
Anyhow, the link you gave in your reply does mention XTPlayer, a cross-platform (Win, Linux, MacOS) TCode-player. I will investigate that further. Thanks.

The problem is that Apple restrict so you have to use a Mac to develop cross platform applications running on Mac. You also need to sign up for a developer account to get your applications digitally signed and that requires a yearly fee. This doesn’t exist on Windows or Linux. Regarding languages it’s no different to program for Windows, Mac or Linux. You have the same degree of freedom, but to be able to build a Mac/iPhone app you are required to use a Mac even if there is no technical limitation doing it on a PC. So the issue is that Apple restrict development in a way to keep control of their ecosystem and make it possible for them to charge for distribution through their appstore etc.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.