Motion Tracking Funscript Generator v0.5.x

Is there any way to bulk increase intensity of a set of actions?

For example, if there are 10 back to back actions of 40 > 60 > 40 > 60 …, can you select them and quickly change that to 30 > 70 > 30 > 70 …?

Thanks

1 Like

You can select only the peaks, and move them up, and then select the valleys and move them down.

What quickfix said, or this OFS extension

Can you make a more indepth tutorial video to show the best ways to use the new features added to the software?

2 Likes

Seconding this because OP might know better than us. I’d make it someday and use a voice changer probs.

Well, not perfect, but I tried.

3 Likes

The article How to make a script with the help of Motion Tracking by @Falafel covers all common functionalities and explains them in a clear way. Thank you @Falafel for your great article.

3 Likes

Thanks bro, you’re a genius. :wink: :wink:

I wanted to ask how is simple camera movement handled with multi point tracking? I usually use the ‘distance p1-p2’ tracking method and I noticed the length of the strokes are influenced when the camera moves slightly. ie. from top to bottom resulting in them becoming shorter (or longer) depending on which direction the camera moves.

Is this something that is unavoidable, not implemented or maybe intended? I understand the strokes being influenced when using a single tracking point, but I kind of expected this shouldn’t happen with 2 point tracking. I could be wrong though.

I wanted to ask how is simple camera movement handled with multi point tracking? I usually use the ‘distance p1-p2’ tracking method and I noticed the length of the strokes are influenced when the camera moves slightly. ie. from top to bottom resulting in them becoming shorter (or longer) depending on which direction the camera moves.

Is this something that is unavoidable, not implemented or maybe intended? I understand the strokes being influenced when using a single tracking point, but I kind of expected this shouldn’t happen with 2 point tracking. I could be wrong though.

Yes i agree this should not happen with 2 point tracking when the camera only moves up/down and/or left/right with the condition that the size of the tracked feature do not change due to the camera movement (manly caused by zooming or moving in or out).
Ensure you use the option Tracking Metric = distance in settings dialog. The y and x method may affected from small camera roll and result in some quality impacts for this kind of videos. I have also tested my tool so far only with completely static video scenes like VR videos.
Maybe there is also a bug in the calculation for the 2 point tracking if you feel that it has a very strong influence…

1 Like

Ensure you use the option Tracking Metric = distance in settings dialo

Bruh, I can’t believe I didn’t know this setting was a thing.

Just got a new computer with a 13th gen i7 and this thing it’s just flying through scenes at 30-60fps 4k videos now with the Processing Speed at 1 :drooling_face:
I don’t want to release anything that’s crappily automated, so maybe this will help a lot.

Just read the short docs too, so you can see what the settings actually do:

Never knew that processing speed was just a frameskip option.

1 Like

Any information/documentation on what the “Enable Multiaxis” options do exactly? Seems to add three new dropdowns but I don’t know how to use them - what is different between “ignore” and the script name in options for roll, x, y? Also seems to add new Tracking Metric options.

There doesn’t seem to be a “distance” option in Tracking Metric options when multi-axis is enabled for some reason.

I added a short description for multi-axis tracking to the usage section in the documentation. If you need more details let me know what exactly is still unclear, then i can add the missing information.

1 Like

Thanks, yes I did sort of figure all that out eventually myself… although still not sure exactly how to emulate “distance” mode… but will be useful for next person!

although still not sure exactly how to emulate “distance” mode

Sorry for the confusion. I added the distance output to the multi-axis menu in Version v0.5.2.

1 Like

Thank you!

When I unzipped the Motion tracking package into the extensions folder, it didn’t show up in the extensions button in the openfunscrpiter :smiling_face_with_tear:

I only tried out the multi-axis feature lately. It looks quite promising already.

I’m curious on how does the software possibly track the motions on the .roll axis? Does it recognize the images being “rotated” on screen, or does it calculate based on the displacement of the two features?

Can someone please help me? I can not get this extension to work. when I load OFS, I can go to extensions and see that funscript generator windows option, it says its enabled, but the option to “show window” is greyed out and I cant click it. Anyone have any idea whats going on?