Motion Tracking Funscript Generator v0.5.x

this is now my favorite tool cannot wait for the next update and new features whenever that happens and one question what does the additional points mean and should i be using it and still trying to figure out the best setting lol would like to know what they are?

1 Like

what does the additional points mean and should i be using it and still trying to figure out the best setting lol would like to know what they are?

Additional points are an attempt to determine missing points from the base point algorithm. You can find a more detailed description of the problem on GitHub in issue #10. Depending on the usage, the merge threshold may have to be adjusted in the config. For the next release i have already reduced them to 70 ms.

The optimal parameters depend on many factors, including your own preferences.

If someone knows better hyper-parameters I would also be open for suggestions to include them in the default config.

1 Like

thank you @mchyxnaaiorxfwrivv for the info i think i perfected my offset for top points and bottom points but once in awhile when iā€™m trying to do 2D and vr sometimes the fun script generator crashes or/bug when iā€™m done after iā€™m setting my point and i hit the spacebar thatā€™s when it after itā€™s done tracking this happens

Unfortunately, there is still an related issue #13 that is not entirely clear why problems sometimes occur. If I understand correctly your problem is the same. If you want to help you can turn on logging and provide the log file in case of a crash. Then we might be able to determine the cause easier.

how do provide the log file and turn on logging ? @mchyxnaaiorxfwrivv

For Version 0.2.5:

1. Open the Funscript Generator Window in OFS
  2. Press Open config. Then open settings.yaml in Notepad
  3. Change the line logging: False to logging: True and save the file
  4. Use MTFG as always
  5. When an crash occurs navigate to C:\\Temp and copy the file funscript_editor.log also note the time + date when the crash happen
  6. Send me the log-file + crash time via PM or post it directly in the GitHub Issue #13.

change all the ones that say False to true? @mchyxnaaiorxfwrivv

only this line

1 Like

when change enable logging on windows. logging cause some problems on windows only enable for debugging that one and and i change it to False to true and iā€™m done tracking it locks up and it freezes @mchyxnaaiorxfwrivv

Please send me the logfile C:\Temp\funscript_editor.log (when your tool freezes or any other disobedient behavior occur) via pm, so i can identify the exact position where it occurs.

Addendum: You might want to try the new release v0.3.0 first. here the logging can now be switched on directly in the OFS MTFG window.

Apologies if itā€™s answered elsewhere or is common sense, but: When using the multi-axis capability, is it an issue if the first frame is off the center of the roll axis? I donā€™t worry about the x and y since the tracking boxes follow those in the frame by frame, but these boxes donā€™t rotate along the roll axis, and I didnā€™t figure out how to rotate it to match the first frame.

That said, the results seem fine so far, so realistically I guess there isnā€™t much to worry about. If everything is fine and Iā€™m just being histrionic, it would be good to have some visual representation of the calculation roll in the frame by frame to be sure. If roll is just the trig from the x and y of each tracking box, then itā€™s not necessary but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s actually how itā€™s done.

Really nifty project, was surprised it even ran on my potato of a laptop!

is it an issue if the first frame is off the center of the roll axis?

no it is not. The roll axis is the second tracking box. But you can adjust the roll position after the tracking with the min max selection menu.

It would be good to have some visual representation of the calculation roll in the frame by frame to be sure. If roll is just the trig from the x and y of each tracking box, then itā€™s not necessary but I donā€™t know if thatā€™s actually how itā€™s doneā€¦

Yes roll is arctan for the around the second tracking box. I totally agree that the current implementation for roll is very limited and it is very challenging to get a good result due to the lack of visualization. I will try to add some visual representation in the next release to make the min max selection easier.

1 Like

The roll axis is the second tracking box

Ok good to know, thanks. I have access to my desktop now so Iā€™ll be sure to mess around with the more demanding settings and see how it impacts my results.

I will try to add some visual representation in the next release to make the min max selection easier

That would be a great help, thanks. If it doesnā€™t slow things down too much, it might be worth also adding this visualization in the frame by frame just to be able to monitor it.

do you have video that you are using in the previev

do you have video that you are using in the previev

Yes, i have the videos otherwise i could not have used them for the preview.

A part of the following 2 videos were used in the preview video:

• Kenzie Taylor & Ryan Driller in Gym, Studio: Naughty America VR, Release Date: April 18, 2018
  • Alix Lynx and Reagan Foxx in Circle of Wife, Studio: Milf VR, Release Date: 28 August, 2019
1 Like

thanks for answer

Hey @mchyxnaaiorxfwrivv or anyone who knows the answer :smiley: Do you know what parameters need to be changed if i want to add additional data points when using the lua script. Currently it feels like it doesnt generate enough points when it is tracking - From top to down, hoping it would track a change in between. Was hoping there might be a way for me to do this.

If you want all tracking points you can enable the raw output and decimate the signal in OFS.

If one additional point between two base point is enough: Use the additional point option: distance minimization (in the settings dialog) and set the hyperparameter in the signal section to:

distance_minimization_threshold: 1.0
  additional_points_merge_time_threshold_in_ms: 1
  additional_points_merge_distance_threshold: 1.0

In the current version you get max one point between the detected base points. In the next release you will be able to set the max number of additional points between two base points with the additional_points_repetitions option.

Thank you! I was looking for something in between the enabling raw output and the single additional point. Do you happen to know when this next release will be available or whether i can use a beta version?

The release is now available: v0.3.2

2 Likes