MultiFunPlayer v1.29.4 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR Interactive support

I read somewhere that Tempest himself is creating a random stroker app but unsure if he will add gamepad support.

If you consider adding the functionality to your app, please consider using the dpad - left/right for speed increase and up/down for stroke length increase. Also, a way to pause- perhaps the start button.

I think OSR has a lot of potential, and per a lot of testimonials here, better than the handy, but for people who prefer to not use scripts, it is a little limited.

I cant thank all of you enough that literally share your programming expertise for all of us to enjoy through these apps. You are doing gods work.

1 Like

There are a few random strokers available on the OSR discord, none have gamepad support iirc. I also have a random stroker app in plans. And you could also technically use my other app LiveSense just by adding the tips manually, it allows you to simply program additional motions, but has some built in.

speed increase - there is not speed with OSR, it just accepts live positions, you can just use video playback speed to have similar effect
pause - unnecessary as MFP pauses when you pause the video
stroke length - i guess the only that would be useful, but it gets complicated with all the available axes

So i think for now im not planning on adding shortcuts.

Got you.

I guess I was sort of doing an (uneducated) direct comparison of OSR and theHandy, but it looks like it is literal apples and oranges!

Should I decide to go get an OSR as a second device, it looks like it would just easy to get a random script and use the available players, such as yours.

MultiFunPlayer v1.13.0:

• Extend buttplug.io device mapping to all supported linear/rotate/vibrate commands of your devices.
    MultiFunPlayer_2021-05-22_16-10-17
  • Add open/close toggle to video and script sections. This enables MultiFunPlayer to work in “compact” mode.
    MultiFunPlayer_2021-05-22_01-23-08
  • Allow starting and stopping of buttplug.io device scan. Before the scan was only ran once for 5 seconds after connection.
  • Add auto home duration slider
  • Add endpoint settings to whirligig source
  • Implement output target auto connect
  • Fix multiple spaces between TCode commands
  • Fix settings loading when window is visible causing the controls to update
  • Fix visual jitter of axis value bar when using interpolation
  • Fix rare race condition crash when closing MultiFunPlayer

• Breaking changes:
  • Rename smoothing to interpolation, setting will reset to default Pchip
  • Rename IsValuesPanelExpanded to ValuesContentVisible, setting will reset to default false

If you like what I’m doing, please consider supporting me on Patreon

1 Like

MultiFunPlayer v1.13.1:

Download:

• Fix TCode not appending new line
  • Fix serial target axes never getting dirty causing no data to be sent
  • Fix network target not saving protocol type
  • Fix spaces in TCode commands in UPD network target

1 Like

MultiFunPlayer v1.14.0:

Download:

• Add shortcuts feature that allows binding keyboard/mouse/gamepad input to almost any setting or value (there are 900+ possible actions). Shortcut settings can be accessed via a button on the window title bar.
    2021-06-27_13-37-37
  • Show window minimize button (#10)
  • Fix rare value stutter by resetting sync before setting new position
  • Fix position error correction causing micro stutters, now smoothly adjusts time scale
  • Fix output target range sliders visual jitter
  • Fix serial autoconnect working after device is disconnected (#11)
  • Fix auto home not working in certain situations
  • Fix repeated valid index search before script first keyframe
  • Fix message spam from DeoVR and HereSphere
  • Fix TCode commands beginning with a space character
  • Fix video changed message getting ignored when playing a video file with the same name but in different path

1 Like

There is big difference betwen xtplayer and multifunplayer ?

Never used XTPlayer much but I think most notable differences would be:

• No built in player, for 2D videos uses MPV
  • On the fly script interpolation
  • Buttplug integration
  • Can output to multiple targets at the same time (ex. buttplug + osr serial, or osr serial + vam udp plugin)

and probably many other things. I guess just try it and let me know your thoughts.

Okay, to use osr I just have to plug it and it will find it ?

You have to manually specify the osr port once under the serial tab, then if you enable auto connect it will always try to connect to that port, if it cant find osr it will retry until you connect it.

This is awesome - thank you for the hard work.

Just getting to know the software since I got my OSR2+ the other week. Is there a hotkey setting to reduce the script intensity, either travel distance or stroke cadence? Something to help with edging without the blunt instrument “on/off” setting of the power bus switch.

Thanks!

I think best action to use would be Serial::L0::Range::Size::Value::Plus5% and Serial::L0::Range::Size::Value::Minus5%.
You can filter the list with serial l0 range size.

This will basically move your maximum and minimum stroke range value closer/further together.
You can also manually edit those values via the L0 output range slider under serial settings.

edit:
I guess you could also use Serial::L0::Range::Minimum and Serial::L0::Range::Maximum actions to have more control over top/bottom stroke position.

1 Like

Got it, will give it a shot.

If I’m understanding correctly though, there is a chance that I “overshoot” my tuned limits and risk smashing my wang? So I’d have to keep track of how many “clicks” I reduce by, and then reverse the same number of clicks when I wanted to get back to the original action?

Yea, I guess you would have to do that. I have my limits set at about 5%-95% so there is not really much to overshoot.

I could easily add new actions to adjust a “multiplier” that would go from 0-100% where 100% would always be the value that you have set on the slider. But that is a lot of new actions. Its the first iteration of shortcuts so time will tell what changes/additions have to be made.

Yah, maybe I’ll play with the limits in the firmware so I rely less on the player.

And yes, totally get this is the first iteration, and a very foundational one! I work in UX, so my brain is going wild with possibilities. One thought that may not require a ton of new actions could simply be a “profile” feature that stores limits, interpolation, linked axes, etc., and a hotkey allowing a user to swap between profiles on the fly.

Anyways, thanks again! If you ever spin up a feature/roadmap bounty system, I definitely would be a contributor!

Just saw the Github updates. <3 You’re awesome.

MultiFunPlayer v1.15.0:

Download:

• Add support for multiple TCode versions, currently supported versions are v0.2 and v0.3. Accessed by a button on window titlebar
    2021-09-03_00-02-20
  • Add per axis sync, when adjusting one axis settings only that axis will be synced
  • Add button and shortcut actions that allow to bypass axis motion
    2021-09-03_00-04-22
  • Rework shortcut options, now allows to assign multiple actions per gesture
    2021-09-03_00-03-28
  • Improve auto home behaviour
  • Fix crash when library folder cannot be accessed on startup, for example when using network drive
  • Fix axis value gestures not working while video is playing

1 Like

Wondering if MultiFunPlayer is compatible with SLR. No problems connecting to DeoVR, but can’t seem to get it to connect to SLR. Understand they’re essentially the same app, but may be using different ports?

Yea they should be almost identical. Make sure that remote server in the SLR settings is enabled, and that you enter full address (ip + port) in the DeoVR settings in MFP.

I guess that may be my problem. I can’t find which port SLR uses. I tried both of them (23554 + 13579) that are listed in their documentation, but no luck…