MultiFunPlayer v1.29.4 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR script streaming

Yes, it was only in The Handy output as a test. It technically should more or less work assuming a stable wifi connection. I did not expect no improvement.

It required bigger changes than the handy code, thats why I didnt implement it.
But I’ll try to hack something together.

Your work is much appreciated.

What is the difference between scale setting and output range limit? The OSR2+ length was too long for me, and some of the scripts were too rough.

Hello. I have the patreon paid version of MFP and I subscribe to SLR. Would it be possible to stream SLR scripts when using Heresphere player to play local files (shared samba folder) which is impossible with DeoVR (it only supports DLNA which is useless as it changes file name).
Thanks

Scale is just like a script multiplier, if scripts moves are too small you can set it to >100%, if script moves to much you can set it to <100%, it will work as a way to lower the OSR length but you would have to adjust it per script.
Just lower the output range which will set the minimum/maximum position of the OSR.

SLR script streaming will only work with DeoVR, it would be technically possible to make it work with something else. But I know that SLR wont like that because it would allow people to not use their ecosystem. Maybe if they do something dumb like ban MFP then I would implement it.

If you have script streaming subscription why not just use DeoVR and stream the videos?

1 Like

https://nightly.link/Yoooi0/MultiFunPlayer/actions/runs/7210001425

Missing the ability to change between fixed/polled update from UI, everything is set as polled update.
Also I just realized that I misspelled “poll” as “pool” everywhere…

Because at certain times I’m limited to locally stored files (on a network storage - capable of running samba, dlna, xbvr through a private local wifi hotspot), such as when staying in hotels. While it’s impossible to stream 6k, 7k or 8k videos on a public hotel wifi, scripts are fine. But SLR only allows 3 script downloads per month so streaming is the only option.
DeoVR would work if Quest headset could mount a samba share and make DeoVR actually think it’s a local folder, not a network share… but I wasn’t able to find any way to do this.

Fantastic. From a few quick tests, it seems like the jitter has been eliminated and the handy appears to be moving one would expect.

I look forward to the (hopefully) eventual inclusion of this functionality in a patreon build.

Your work is a gift to this community.
Many thanks.

Ok, nice I guess, tho I think BLE is still trash.
Since I dont have The Handy I would appreciate If you could do more testing, maybe compare with other players that support The Handy over bluetooth.

Also, @johntaylor1980 try this build for The Handy over buttplug/bluetooth: nightly.link | Repository Yoooi0/MultiFunPlayer | Run #7210001425

Hey, so I’ve had the chance to a little more extensive testing and unfortunately there is an issue. I may not be entirely accurate in my assessment of what’s happening, but there is definitely something that is off. It’s a little difficult to articulate, so bear with me.

As far as I can tell, with MFP the handy seems to move from point to point in a script at a constant speed, regardless of the horizontal distance between the points. That is, as it passes a point, it moves immediately to the position of the following point, arriving before it should, then idling until passing that point. In effect, the movement of any script is transformed to resemble a step function.

It’s not unusable, but it does cause some weird movement in more creative sections of scripts.

Two other issues I’ve identified:

• Adjustments to the output range appear to have no effect. Maybe an expected consequence? But worth mentioning because the handy tends to slam at the top and bottom of scripts with 100% range.
  • Force closes frequently with MPV when changing media.

As always, thank you for your work.

1 Like

Add buttplug output and map one vibe to L0 and second vibe to some other axis like R1/R2.
There is a lot of ways you can make them move independently, but the default settings should work with just a stroke/L0 script.

Fixed, I think: nightly.link | Repository Yoooi0/MultiFunPlayer | Run #7229086676
Was sending move duration as seconds not milliseconds.

True, forgot about that, fixed.

I think I’ve already fixed that earlier, try the latest build.

2 Likes

All three issues appear fixed. Movement matches scripts exactly as I would expect. In fact, MFP seems to be marginally more accurate than ScriptPlayer in particularly dense sections of certain scripts. Well done.

I can think of nothing further to add at this point. I eagerly await the inclusion of this functionality in a full build.

Please accept my sincerest gratitude for going out of your way to appease the demands of a random poster. My thanks.

I wanna use my lovense toy connected via initface central. I connected initface central via mfp buttplug.io output. Script is working, axis showing data but my toy does not vibrate, What do i do wrong? I use the latest initface central and latest mfp

Thats good to hear.
Need to think if this is correctly implemented before merging into master branch.

Also since this ignores all MFP features I wonder whats the point in using MFP if you can use ScriptPlayer or something else.

Did you map your device to an axis in MFP? If you didnt, expand buttplug output settings and map it there. You should either map to V0 and enable “load unnamed script” in device settings or map to L0 but change L0 default value to 0 (also in device settings).

Due to certain circumstances I’m unable to use my device over Wi-Fi. I’m entirely reliant on Bluetooth. While this works without issue in most cases, it does prevent streaming SLR scripts through DeoVR. With script downloads being limited to 3 per month, I have been looking for a method to stream SLR scripts over Bluetooth for a not-insignificant amount of time.

I’ll grant you mine is likely a unique use case. Either way, as far as I can tell, MFP is the only solution that actually exists. For that I thank you.

Anyways, that’s the why of using MFP and the reason I’ve been such a pest about it.

Hello Yoooi,

First of all, thank you for writing this application for us. I use MFP for my own fucking machine via TCP and The Handy via Buttplug.io. Input comes from DeoVR.

With version 1.27 everything ran great via TCP, but since version 1.28 my machine is very jerky. I had a look at the T-Code commands received and strangely enough they now have 6 digits, e.g., L08894. Isn’t that one digit to much?

You probably had the device settings set for TCode v2 before, if you didnt migrate settings then the default is TCode v3 which has 4 digit output precision. If you go to device settings using the button at the top of the window you can change it there to 3 digits.
But 4 digits should not cause jerky motion unless your parsing of TCode in your firmware is not correct.

Just want to take 1 min to thank you for your work… can’t imaging life without MFP!

1 Like

Yeah i mapped my lovense device to an axis in the buttplug output settings. Where do i find “load unnamed script” or where to change the default L0 value?

Cog button at the top of the window.

So you had the lovense mapped already and it was not vibrating?