MultiFunPlayer v1.29.4 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR script streaming

So I managed to get it working last night, and was just messing around with it to see what changes affected it, and now it seems pretty obvious.

Basically when I had my Surfshark VPN on it didn’t send the script correctly, but without it, in the short time since I’ve been testing it, it seems to do it 100%. However, in order for it to come through, after turning off Surfshark, both DeoVR and MFP need to be restarted (I tried either/or with both but it only works once both get restarted). I’ve done this a couple of times over and it seems to be it, though of course tech always finds a way to stump me, as I’m sure I’ll find at some point. I hope this will be of some use to someone going forward. edit: I thought I had the trace logs but I don’t, as I updated the MFP version and it seems to have reset that part, sorry. I can rerun it all at some point if you think it might help you?

Yea, networking it always the most likely issue and nothing can be done in MFP to fix it.
If it works then the logs are not necessary. Glad you have it working.

1 Like

I’ve also made “.raw” the default L0 input for the 3D simulator.

Want to say that I don’t actually know what this “raw” shortcut is intended for and if there’s anybody using it for a different purpose. I felt like we are pushing a naming convention here which I’m not 100% confident about.

I think it makes sense that raw would be higher fidelity version if you provide both, I think that was the idea in OFS. Tho I dont know if I would like it to be standardized, ideally the unnamed funscript would not be dumbed down for the handy or similar devices. Otherwise each software will have to change to load raw before unnamed.

Users can configure MultiFunPlayer to take “.raw” scripts as L0 and it will be prioritised over the unsuffixed script.

Currently unnamed scripts have priority in MFP, but I have the exact thing on todo list to allow custom load order so raw would load before unnamed.

2 Likes

This seems to be the other way around on my end… Will double check later.

It’s not for dumbing down but adding movements that is otherwise missing on single-axis toys. Say the actor grinds sideways and there’s no vertical movement. On single-axis script I tend to add in some movements to represent the grinding. But for multi-axis scripts I script these on .roll and .sway and leave L0 blank.

So this also concerns the SSR1 I’d say.

@Yoooi Thank you for your excellent work. The player is running perfectly. I have a question about the XBOX controller. Can I use the controller to control left, right, and pitch when playing a single axis script? If possible, where should I set it up?

Yea its possible. You have to add a shortcut for it.
Go to application settings at the to of the window, then shortcuts tab, select “Axis Drive” shortcut, start capturing and move the controller joystick around, then select the gesture and add it, expand “Actions” section at the bottom and add “Axis::Value::Drive” action, configure the action to R1/R2 axis, you can change to “Settings” tab and try different drive modes.
Do the same for the other joystick axis

Thank you for your guidance, but I did set shortcut keys before. When playing a script with only up and down axes, pressing the joystick shortcut keys did not work, and SR6 still only ran up and down axes. Perhaps it was due to my incorrect shortcut settings?

I would need to see some screenshots of your configuration, you might also have to disable motion provider on R1/R2, I think it has priority over manual control.
I guess that could be changed and manual control should have priority over everything?

Sorry, I don’t know how to configure these options, so I haven’t changed any default settings except for adding shortcut keys. Just now I tried it out, and while the up and down single axis script was running, using the joystick did not make other axes move, but after pausing the video, the joystick started to work. Thank you again for your help.

undefined - Imgur

:rofl: :rofl:

Hi Yoooi,Sorry to bother you, I just tried many times again, including the settings in the “motion” and “bypass” options. My XBOX controller can only move the R1/R2 axis during video pause. Once the video starts playing, regardless of whether there is a script running on L0, the joystick control of the R1/R2 axis will be immediately paused. I am very distressed.

Well you were right, apparently it was like that for a long time, no one ever reported this.
This build should fix it: nightly.link | Repository Yoooi0/MultiFunPlayer | Run #8346416447
It still requires no script for that axis and no motion provider, that will be a bigger change.

Thank you very much. After using the version you provided, it ran perfectly. I spent some time changing the mode to “absolute” in the shortcut settings and it was a success.

Im somewhat lost in Setting this up:

I got the connection working to DeoVR
got the Output connected via UDP to my OSR

When I play the Videos on SLR it shows them in MFP.
But there doesnt seem to be any script loaded?
Do I have to manually somewhere download the scripts?
Is there some way for MFP to automatically download them from slr? (I do have the sub for it)

The SLR script streaming is only in MFP builds on my patreon.

Hi. I’ve been approached with a question that a multi-axis script downloaded from SLR is not playing correctly in MFP. I understand this is because I need to combine scripts for all 6 axes into 1 script. Can you comment?
https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/vrhush-obedient-cum-dumpster-august-skye/144996/5?u=flowerstrample

Multi-axis scripts from SLR should load just fine unless they changed the format.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I didn’t know you added automatic recognition of multi-axis scripts from SLR.