MultiFunPlayer v1.31.0 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR script streaming

MultiFunPlayer v1.30.2, v1.30.1, v1.30.0 are now publicly available to download on github:

1 Like

Hey Yoooi, Iā€™m having an issue getting the ā€œRandomā€ movement to work.

So to make sure I understand this correctly, these are my assumptions:
ā€œRandomā€ will move the device randomly when thereā€™s no script or there is a gap in the script for the default 5 seconds.

Based from what Iā€™ve seen on some other posts in this thread, I have mine set up like this:

(ignore the Buttplug being disconnected, this was just for purposes of screenshot)

However, playing a scene that does not have an associated script, there is no movement at all, even though the little bar graphs under ā€œAxis Valuesā€ do slide back and forth. Iā€™ve tried changing the ā€œBlendā€ values, toggled ā€œUpdate whenā€¦ā€ options in various combinations, no joy. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing something simple but I canā€™t see what.

I will clarify that when Iā€™m using a script+scene combo, everything works perfectly, no issues. So itā€™s not a connectivity problem or such.

Your guidance would be appreciatedā€¦ Thanks for making such a great utility - itā€™s way more stable than ScriptPlayer.

Never mind, fixed it! I was taking a look at the Buttplug settings / Device Map and noticed I was on Polled updated. Changed it to Fixed, et voila. Movement.

1 Like

Love the work youā€™ve done. Was wondering what video player you or anyone else suggests?
Iā€™ve been running into sync issues with VLC where it starts with around a -0.1s video file offset and by minute 10 or so of a video it always ends up around -0.6s with it desyncing more the longer the video (even if I skip to minute 10 the offset is always around -0.6.) and after tweaking settings with no luck I figured it could be player related.

Iā€™d love a good discussion about the motion providers sectionā€™s various knobs and levers.

At first glance, it seems obvious, but tweaking any of it gives diminishing returns.

I just tested and yea VLC 3.0 time is terrible and all over the place. Not sure I will be able to fix it in MFP, maybe just slightly improve it.
I then tested VLC 4.0 and its spot on, but it has a new API so MFP would need an update to support it.

I always recommend mpv for a 2d player.

1 Like

@JrWeeb to addon, VLC player has gone downhill I believe roughly 2 years after I switched to it from Windows Media Player getting dropped everyone was recommending it but then new codecs started coming out and itā€™s updates werenā€™t keeping up and such.
As a result I found out about MPV and switched to that before finding a few issues with that recently with some files and so use it and MPC-HC. (which works well with anything MPV doesnā€™t do and MPV does well with anything MPC-HC doesnā€™t do well with)
Itā€™s annoying that one of them donā€™t work perfectly but this ainā€™t a perfect world.

1 Like

VLC is horribly behind the times now. The v3 codestream has been out for well over a decade and no sign of v4 coming soon. On Linux, you have to keep old libraries installed for VLC to work, which then in turn breaks other multimedia programs that expect newer libraries. MPV is a good replacement.

1 Like

Thank you all, I tried MPV and it works great. Will try MPC-HC if i run into the issues Ratattacj15 has seen

I canĀ“t add shortcuts, it just doesnĀ“t register key strokes. I have allready made a bunch of shortcuts to use 1-9 keys to set the axis limit, which works, but now IĀ“ve gotten myself a wireless numpad that I would like to use as a remote, but the numbers on that doesnĀ“t seem to map to the same keycodes as the regular number buttons, and now I canĀ“t register any new keys, number of otherwise.

What am I missing?

What kind of wireless numpad it is? Iā€™m assuming you can type the numbers with it just fine in other applications?

What you could do is stop MFP, edit MultiFunPlayer.config.json in text editor, then find LogBlacklist and remove the line "MultiFunPlayer.Input.RawInput.*": "Trace",, then find LogLevel and change the value to "Trace".
Then start MFP, press the numpad keys a bunch of times, stop MFP and send me the latest application log. And remember to undo the changes in the config.

Thanks for your reply!

ItĀ“s one of these things:

And yes, itĀ“s just a normal numpad, and it works in other programs.

Sure, I can do that, but first maybe you can give me a run down of the normal procedure to add a shortcut, since I canĀ“t make it work with any keys on my normal keyboard either?

I remember having problems with it the last time I set it up, and that there was some kind of trick to it, but I donĀ“t remember how I solved it.

What I do now is select ā€œButton Pressā€ from the Shortcut dropdown menu, and then press the ā€œStart Capturingā€-button, but it doesnĀ“t register any key presses. I have a small recollection of having to first press the green plus button before I could add a gesture, but the plus sign is greyed out and canĀ“t be pressed.

I did the logging thing, here is the file:

https://file.io/jlwa56WvogbM

And it does seem to register keypresses in the log.

IĀ“m changing the log level back, it was supposed to be ā€œInfoā€, right?

I tried adding some shortcuts manually to the config file, and ā€œNumpad1ā€ and ā€œNumpad9ā€ seem to do the trick for 1 and 9, but it would be nice to be able to to it from the application!

Update:

I downloaded the latest version and started from fresh, and now I can add new shortcuts again.

I wonder if I can set a shortcut for nudging the offset of the script though? I Have found the option to set it to a specific value, but that isnĀ“t very helpful.

@TasteyTreats

I think what happened is that it was capturing the numpad just fine, but before v1.30.0 it did not show you that there was anything captured and you probably didnt open the list to check.
The logs show correct key presses that my keyboard shows too, so thats the only explanation I got.

There is Axis::ScriptOffset::Offset for per axis offset, and Media::ScriptOffset::Offset for global offset.

Ooh, nice! That works, thank you!

Now on to the next problem :wink:

You helped me get it working with Plex a while back, the key was to use the HTPC-version or the iOS-version instead of the regular Windows application, but now neither of those work anymore. They donĀ“t show up in the client list, so maybe they have been patched, I did notice an update to the HTPC-app when I started it for the first time in a while.

You donĀ“t happen to know how to fix that at this point?

Iā€™ve been struggling to understand this process, and I could really use an example of how to create a shortcut. The most important shortcut I want is to control the top range of the L0 axis with the up/down arrows on my keyboard.

First press the settings Icon on the very top of the app to go into the settings menu, then press the ā€œShortcutā€ tab.

Now choose ā€œButton pressā€ in the Shortcut dropdown menu at the top of that tab.

Press the grey-ish ā€œStart Capturingā€ button, next to the ā€œGestureā€ dropdown, and then press the key on your keyboard you would like to map, and wait for the capturing process to finish.

Now press the ā€œGestureā€ dropdown and choose the key you just pressed, and then press the green plus sign to create your new shortcut.

It will appear in the shortcuts list down below.

Select your new shortcut in the list, and then unfold the ā€œActions/Settingsā€ menu at the bottom of the app.

In the list of actions, scroll down until you find Serial/0::Axis::Range::Maximum::Offset and press the plus sign to the right of the name.

It will appear in your list of Actions.

Press the edit icon (the wrench), set ā€œTarget axisā€ to L0, the value offset to how much you want it to change per step, and the value limit to you maximum allowed value.

Set the value offset to a negative number for your down arrow.

And that should be it!

1 Like

Wow that was very clear and easy to understand. Thanks!

Iā€™ve got it set up now so that I can increase and decrease the top range in 5% increments by clicking the up/down arrows. I would also like to be able to hold down the button and have it just slide up and down until I release it. Do you know if thatā€™s possible?

1 Like

No problem!

No, I donĀ“t know, but looking at the availible settings I donĀ“t think so

1 Like