MyLittleBastard Funscript Player 1.0.6 (DEMO)

Seems that the changes to thumbnail generation may have broken generation in 1.0.5. I have tried letting it generate as default settings and custom offsets and it just sits at 0% complete and doesn’t generate any thumbnails.

Hi Quest,

I watched my code and I don’t find why my program would stop at 0% except the new addin I use.

Let we try some stuff to solve the problem.
1- Close the program, delete all data in this two directory :
…\My Little Bastard Funscript Player_Data\StreamingAssets\Thumbnails
…\My Little Bastard Funscript Player_Data\StreamingAssets\UserData
then reopen the program

2- If it’s not working, it’s maybe the addin don’t like one of your video name, a video format or the path.
Send me MediasList.txt locaded in UserData directory and I will try to find the problem.

I tried as suggested and I even tried a fresh install in a different local folder with a single video and script in its default directory and it didn’t generate a thumbnail or heatmap either. I sent along the medialist from the normal folder I have it accessing to you as a PM thanks for the help. In the previous build it would generate thumbnails with the default time setting for the same directory.

I don’t see anithing that let me find the problem.
The local folder where you do the fresh install is on a network? Maybe FFMpeg or my program are not compatible with it. If yes, try another fresh install on a hard disk like HDD or SSD.

If not working, try the release 1.0.5.1 I send you and do this :
1- Do a fresh install on c:\MyLittleBastard
2- Open to programme and set the logging option in Debug section.
3- Close the programme and delete all files in
…\My Little Bastard Funscript Player_Data\StreamingAssets\Thumbnails
…\My Little Bastard Funscript Player_Data\StreamingAssets\UserData
4- Open the programe. Then send my the Log.txt in …\UserData
It will let me know where the program freeze.

Yes it was a local SSD not on the network for my extra trouble shooting yesterday I have done as requested and sent you the files. It doesn’t actually freeze it just appears the ffmpeg isn’t performing any extraction based on lack of GPU and CPU load and sits there at 0% it will still play a video as normal. For sake of ruling out the system I also tried the same on a different system with Intel N95 vs the normal 13700k and RTX 4080 with same results.

Hi quest,

I need more information. I send you another revision with more line of code with logging info.
I modify a little the code and will maybe work.
Send me a new log.txt

If we don’t succed to resolve the problème, I will add an alternative of FFMpeg in my program. Are you ok to test more DEBUGGIN release with me?

Also, do you try script player?
Is his thumbnail extraction is working for you?
Because his program is Open Source. I can see his code and find a solution.

Yes prior to your software release I used scriptplayer it extracts thumbnails, gifs and heatmaps with gyan.dev full build of ffmpeg

Nice, I will try that and send you a try release.
And, don’t forget to send me a new log.txt made with 1.0.5.2 (More logging info)

Thank you.

The thumbnails bug has been resolve but I’m working on a HeatMap bug with Quest.
I think I will can push 1.0.6 tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

The revision 1.0.6 is now release.
It resolve these two bug :

• Impossible to extract thumbnail
  • Imcompatible with some Regional setting

Thanks for your great work! But I still have some issues here. When I set a media directory with a lot of files, MLB spends a lot of time searching (or loading?) for files and consumes a lot of CPU resources. The fan on my laptop gets very noisy. Is it possible to reduce this consumption or stop searching? Maybe it‘s not necessary to always be searching for files?

Another issue is that it seems that certain media formats can not be played well, but I’m not sure what are the formats. Because I can’t tell which encoding format is used by some of my local files.

I use AVPro Video - Core Windows to play media and, if it can’t play a media, I can’t do anything to resolve it.

When you said “a media directory with a lot of files”, how many files are there? Is this directory is just for your medias or there are other files?
If you can you browse medias with the MediasExplorer, the program has finished its research work. If your CPU continue to run, it’s not for that. Is thumbnail is still extracting? (Do you see the progression bar at left of screen?)

it is about 2TB. All of them are media files. I could browse the files with MediasExplorer . Maybe it has finished searching?i saw the progression bar,and the percentages kept going up. Could it represent that the MLB is extracting thumbnails?If it is extracting thumbnails, is there a way to make a switch to stop the extraction?

Yes, if you can browse media, the medias search is finished. The progress bar mean that MLB is still extract thumbnails and it’s that cosume your CPU resources.
No, you can’t stop that. I will add a way to stop it in the next release.
Maybe you can keep MLB open to finish extraction.

Is there an Android App out yet?

No
It work only on windows.
And the android version will never exist because I use a video player that work only on windows.
I could buy the Andoir version but it’s realy to expensive for me.

1 Like

How to identify and fix this error?

21:50:47 Syncronizes the device with the server
21:50:52 <color=#AB0000>Device timeout (Code error : 1002)
21:52:47 Sending sample message 1 / 30
21:52:54 Sending sample message 2 / 30
21:52:54 Sending sample message 3 / 30
21:52:56 Sending sample message 4 / 30
21:52:58 Sending sample message 5 / 30
21:52:59 Sending sample message 6 / 30
21:53:00 Sending sample message 7 / 30
21:53:01 Sending sample message 8 / 30
21:53:02 Sending sample message 9 / 30
21:53:07 Sending sample message 10 / 30
21:53:08 Sending sample message 11 / 30
21:53:08 Sending sample message 12 / 30
21:53:12 Sending sample message 13 / 30
21:53:14 Sending sample message 14 / 30
21:53:20 <color=#AB0000>Device timeout (Code error : 1002)
21:53:27 Sending sample message 1 / 30
21:53:33 <color=#AB0000>Device timeout (Code error : 1002)

When you use Calcul Offset, the program send a request to TheHandy 30 times.
After he calculs the average as the latency between your PC and your Handy.
The lines Device timeout (Code error : 1002) mean that your Handy send an timeOut error. I never got that error but I can say that is maybe a problem with your handy, your network or maybe with the configuration of your PC, maybe the fire wall that cause delay.

Did you update your Handy Firmware?

Is that problem append on TheHandy web site?
Did you try with other application like :

OR

1 Like