OpenFunscripter - a scripting tool - 3.2.0 release

Just to clear this up. I run on a mac and have no issues running OFS. You do have to compile it yourself if you are on Apple Silicon hardware but it does not require paying a yearly fee.

I hadn’t looked at the github for a long time but it looks like the developer is no longer active. I had opened a PR to fix builds on Apple Silicon but it never got accepted. :sweat:

I do believe it does if you want to distribute your software to run on other peoples computers. It works for you because you compile it yourself and run it on your own computer. At least that is how I’ve understood the information from Apple. But I could be wrong.

Has anyone run into an issues with OFS crashing after trying to load an exiting script?

Sorry to be a pain,
Is there a way to disable the video looping once playback reaches the end?

Just a quick question. let’s say I have a scene with a script but I want to cut out a part of the scene. Is there a way in OpenFunscripter to cut the scene and the funscript so they continue to sync up afterwards?

hope I explained it okay

Best regards, Elmar

@Emmi You can do exactly that with Funscript&Video Merger/Splitter.

Scroll down to the end of the comments and there’s a link to a post with a step by step tutorial. For me it was extremely intimidating at first, but once I followed the tutorial it was no longer confusing.

okay, cool thanks I’ll check it out!

Best regards

1 Like

Anyone knows how to restore script from the backup file? I was working on a script yesterday night when suddenly electricity cut off at my home. So, I found the folder with the backup file but I cannot open it with the program.

Move the file backup file back to where your original ofsp is located. Rename the backup file to the same name as the old file (the important part is to remove .backup at the end).

1 Like

Im having trouble scripting 8k videos the framerate is awful just stuttering, Ive tried to work around it am i just missing something here? I have a high end PC and the only solution ive found is to just use software to lower the quality and do it from there but its so tedious.

Try → Options → Preferences → Player → Force hardware decoding either on or off.

Thanks it worked i couldve sworn I thought I tried this but guess I didnt

1 Like

A number of people have mentioned the problem of not starting even though they installed it correctly. Did you solve it?

I installed it on a new computer, but the same issue occurred where it wouldn’t start.

The log is also blank.

i have very offen that when i open a video (mp4) there is no reponse from the metaeditor. How can i solve this problem ?

is there a way to disable the metaeditor ?

No updates in one year, and the github repo has been switched to read only mode. It looks like we need a new bunch of brave volunteers to keep our most important tool from becoming abandonware!

4 Likes

I am with you, but my C++ is terrible. Wish this was in C#, JavaScript, Python, etc, as I think we’d have a lot more community involvement.

OFS is amazing, but it is aging and can’t easily be improved.

@tanasou This solved my problem with it not opening. OpenFunscripter - a scripting tool - 3.2.0 release - #139 by Bella

I had put the .csv file on the C:\Users.…\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS3_data\lang but I can’t see it in OFS. Did I do something wrong?

Is there some way to select a bunch of points and randomly move them all differently up or down 2-3 positions?

OFS tells me on every start that ffmpeg.exe is missing and wants to download it but fails to do so. I disabled my firewall and windows defender but the result stays the same. On my windows 11 laptop it works just fine (I have 10 on my desktop pc). I already installed the ffmpeg libary for audacity some time ago but that didn’t help with OFS