OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

I didn’t make that up. :sweat_smile:
What is controller deadzone?

A low deadzone is more responsive, a subtle touch will result in an input, there’s a flip side, if your controller is a little worn or the sticks are a little loose it could lead to drift. Larger deadzones trade off responsiveness to avoid accidental inputs.

Lol,

I’m not a gamer so I hadn’t actually ever heard of the term. You’re being extremely genrous with your time one last question. It looks like when you use controller, the default position is 50. Is there anyway to change that to 100?

No but that can be a future feature :thinking:

Awesome. Yea I’d appreciate that.

For now i can just manually move those points up. But thanks for the input & your creation

I already added it it was a tiny change. (13 lines added 3 deleted) :sunglasses:
When selecting “Controller” there is now a “Center” checkbox which you have to uncheck.
And to start at a 100 you have to check “Invert”.
You can get it here if you don’t want to wait for the next release.

Are you sure you did it right?

“C:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe” -i “C:\MyScriptingFolder\source_video_file_name” -filter:v “scale=2048:-1” -intra -qp 30 -acodec copy “C:\MyScriptingFolder\desination_video_file_name.mp4”

That bold part of the command line should reduce the resolution of the video to 2048x1024 pixels. I use this command line all the time to reduce the video size, resolution and make all frames full frames.

You can also use Fun Expander to do the same for you. Just make sure to replace height or width with something other than -1. If you enter 2048 as width then you should get 2048x1024 as output.

1 Like

Oh. I’m sorry I usually do the file conversion on my mac and I took away the scale part of it. That makes sense then.

I’ll try again and i think that’ll work

Wow, you’re fast. Thanks!!

I don’t know how to download it from the link you provided. I can probably just wait until your next update

Hey, I think i noticed why i didin’t understand recordings at first. When i look at your screen when you click recordings, a recordings button comes up. Mine doesn’t have it. Is it something that needs to be enabled. Check the screenshot below: Screenshot 2020-10-23 115314

Uhh you need the newest version.
Or atleast 1.0.6b :thinking:

Edit: please get this version 1.0.7

Oh I see. Didn’t notice i had an older version.

Thanks!!

I’m not sure if others will find this difficult or particularly helpful but I would love is there is a way to extend the range on points. So in a given selection you could move the top and bottom points equally by a given interval say move top & bottom by 5 or 10.

1 Like

I wouldn’t create any GUI for something like this but I could create a key binding to move points in a selection away from one another and towards another vertically.
I just feel like it would be a very niche feature and the amount of good shortcuts isn’t endless.

In what context would you use this? On the whole script or just on a couple strokes?
And would you use this during scripting or later fixing sections which need more depth?
I’m trying to get a better idea why someone might want this.

If it’s too much work, it’s fine. It can always be done manually.

I just know when editing scripts, mine or the publicly available ones there are sections where the strokes are too shallow. I think FunExpander does it for the whole script but i’d rather just do it for a selection.

It’s also an issue you see with newer scripters who underestimate how the stroke length. It’d be a quick way to go back and edit those scripts.

1 Like

Ok that’s what I thought of, but wasn’t sure if that’s what you meant. :wink:
I’ll add that but not as a key binding and it’s going to be a little more sophisticated than just moving bottom and top points away from one another.
It’s probably going to work exactly like the ScriptPlayer range extender.
I’m going to create a new window similar to the scripting mode window with a drop-down where I can add all kinds of functionality in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That would be awesome!!

Thanks for for the consideration!

Hey this is a more ambitious addition and not even sure how the best way to implement it would be but maybe it would be something you’re interested in. Not sure if you have an OSR2+ but it gives you options to one day have scripts in different axis. Not just Up/Down, but tilt left/Right, etc…

Im not sure if you’re a member of Tempest’ discord but several members are on the precipice of finalizing player that could take advantage of multiple axis. Currently the player would recognize file name and grab corresponding funscript and play them. So there’s a track for up/down movement by default it plays the regular funscript. For rotation Video Name.rotate would be selected. I’m not sure the exact file name terminology but basically something like that.

Right now in order to script on the other axis, the only way I can see is to have multiple instance of OFS or JFS on the side and script the other axis in another window.

This is where my question comes in, would it be possible to have multiple tabs for the funscript file each with different axis, that you could switch between while scripting a video. You wouldn’t have to assign the axis you could just export that tabs funscript as .rotate or .tilt.

I know that was alot probably a little confusion. I know raser1 is also working on something and his format may be completely different. Also the OSR is a little niche so it may not be worth the amount of effort necessary to find a solution. But I think this would be a cool add-on to have.

Technically possible. :thinking: I think it wouldn’t even be that much work (ignoring the exporting).
I don’t have an OSR2+ I just have the handy & the launch.
This would be very low priority for me.

Not a problem!! Like i mentioned there is a way to do it now so whenever you feel like getting to it.

Thanks!

Checkout controller support & the range extender as well the the QOL I added to the binding window. :sunglasses:
The xbox one controller overlay is not part of OFS. I was actually using a PS4 controller.

Edit: there’s actually a bug visible in this with the range extender where the first down stroke in my selection got ignored. I fixed that.

3 Likes