OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

@gagax123 if you don’t mind I would appreciate a ping whenever you add this functionality to a release. Thanks!

I remain hopeful for multiple script bars (points panels? what is this bar formally called?) stacked on the screen at once, but I assume this is still not possible due to the GUI you are using.

Appreciate all the great work!

I call it the script postion timeline.
No that’s doable. I’ll keep it in mind.:thinking:

It obviously doesn’t need to be this intricate, but basically a simpler pro tools style is what I mean. I’m including some images to help illustrate as I don’t know if I am doing a good job describing it.

1 Like

Having multiple timeline windows with different scripts loaded should be possible.
But thats as far as I can go.

1 Like

The 100 ms dividers make alot of sense for 60 fps & 30 fps because it aligns perfectly.
But when you have 59.94 fps, 29.97 fps, or 24 fps which is fairly common it looks pretty terrible.
I can make it snap to the frame times but than it won’t be exactly be a 100 ms anymore and I’m wondering if that would defeat the purpose.

It is not important that it is exactly 100ms. Just make take a frame as close as possible. The marker is just to get a reference point so to speak. The devices have limits in how often you can send commands and if you have something very close to 100ms then you have something to refer to when you set points. Different devices have different limits so no need to aim for exactly 100ms.

Alright in this case I’ll keep it simple. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @gagax123

Is the waveform functionality still operational on the newer builds? And does it work with just video files

I tried running OFS, right click in the script timeline to enable Audio Wavefrom. Is that it because nothing happens. I’m looking at the orignal screenshot you have on this thread and i’m not seeing the additional screen for the audio track.

Appreciate any help you can provide

You have to “Update waveform” first.
This will start ffmpeg in the background and output an mp3 for the video.

Is this instantaneous? I clicked “update waveform” which closes out OFS. When i reopen, I don’t notice a change

It shouldn’t close :confused:

Edit: I just found how that crash can happen, I’m not handling the case where ffmpeg isn’t found correctly.
You either don’t have the ffmpeg.exe in the same directory or you started OFS from another directory.

Hmmm… Are you saying ffmpeg is not in the same directory as OFS?

I have a ffmpeg on my desktop,but is there’s also a version in the OFS zip that i downloaded.

It’s a bug. But if you just start OpenFunscripter by double clicking it in that folder I expect it to work.

That’s what I’ve been doing though.

In that case are there unusual characters in the video path?
That would be my second guess. :sweat:

Scripting

Is there anything unusual about that path? It is currently on an external harddrive?

It’s not a big deal either way. Just found out about the functionality and wanted to see what it looked like

What about the video name?

I don’t mind throubleshooting but we should probably do this via private messages.
:thinking:

Just realized you just load in audio files directly into OFS (no putting the audio file and making it into a video trick required). Playing them is a bit harder than normal videos
JFS loads them normally but requires the audio track to be either .mp3 (lossy), uncompressed PCM (.wav; can get very big with lossless audio), or Windows Media Audio (.wma, which no one uses) HandyControl requires you to load the script and audio separately, since it does not detect audio files with the same name as the script

Simulator numbers is also broken, even at the latest version, keeps saying stuff like -21 and then hits the 500s instead of actually saying the actual position. Vanilla simulator works fine though

I realized the same thing which why I already made that easier but it’s not out yet. :sweat_smile:

I was able to find the issue.

Any chance that there will be a Snap package for easy installation on Ubuntu? It would be awesome to have tools easily available on Linux without the need to compile it first :smiley:

I have no experience in doing that.
If it’s something that can be easily automated with “github actions” and is low maintenance, maybe?
Right now I am not testing anything on Linux and just make sure it compiles.
Also you might be the only linux user :sweat_smile:

1 Like