OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

Ubuntu 20.04 and no dedicated GPU.
Its a Thinkpad x240.

A realized that a major drawback using an installer is that Windows warns that it’s unsecure, then Norton A/V (file-insight) wants to block it and, finally, the installer requires admin access rights to install (I got the impression that this was more or less an self-extractor).

• Windows probably blocks the installer because the installer exe is not signed.
  • Norton (and probably other A/V products) is hard to avoid since it is not a wide spread software (reputation based usually).
  • Admin rights should be possible to avoid if it only installs for current user and you can extract it to an arbitrary folder (not program files).
1 Like

I assume it’s something with drivers. I can’t reproduce that in a VM I will have to test it on a bare metal installation.

@sentinel Yes it’s stupid.
For me it’s only SmartScreen which pops up.
If nobody wants an installer I could scrap it again. The reason I created one in first place was, I thought I would need one for the refactor I did but it turned out I didn’t.

I just installed it on a laptop with ubuntu 18.04 and it has the same behaviour crashes in iris_dri.so
Can you try running it like this

MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i915 openfunscripter

and if that doesn’t work

MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE= openfunscripter

the bottom one actually worked for me the above didn’t :man_shrugging:
I’m assuming i915 is your video driver.

I also found this so maybe it’s not even my fault who knows

The second one worked :smiley:!

That’s odd that leaving it empty works.
Can you run?

MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=iris openfunscripter

That one worked as well.

1 Like

Not sure what make of this.
By the way taking screenshots crashes on linux so don’t do that. :sweat_smile:

There are probably many who likes the installer option, but you only want it if there aren’t multiple warnings when trying to use it. Until then I think having both alternatives are good so that new users are not scared off due to the warnings. I’m very cautious when it comes to unknown software and warnings like these always make me think twice before installing.

@gagax123 I got a strange issue.
I’ve been scripting with 1.0.7 until now.

When I started 1.0.9 and opened my video (in the same folder as my script from 1.0.7) nothing happened. However, when I selected the script file instead of the video then the video and script loaded as they should. I tried to open my other scripting project that I have ongoing and once again nothing happened when I selected the video, but it worked when I selected the script. So, naturally, I tried to open a video that I haven’t started to script yet, but that didn’t work.

That really weird.
I changed the file dialog library. I have no filters on the dialog yet when I click a funscript it returns the path & for a video it returns a null pointer.
The windows dialog returns the path correctly but then the library checks if the file exists and for some reason _wstat returns an error despite the file clearly existing. :confused:

The library provides windows only utf-16 functions and those seem to actually work…
I’m going to make a 1.0.9a

I put out a quick fix 1.0.9a.
I left the 7z archive on this one.
Maybe I should just offer both as an option and call it a day.

I didn’t create a snap because nothing changed for linux.

3 Likes

Thank you, 1.0.9a works well!

This is typically why I like to have the option of having more than one version “installed”. Don’t take me wrong now, you do a fantastic job with OFS, but without extensive QA testing for each release bugs will be found. Therefore it is good to have the option to have parallel installations so that you are sure to always have a working version. So if it isn’t a hassle for you, please keep the 7z-versions available.

Thanks for all your effort you put into OFS!

1 Like

@gagax123 I like the new vertical lines a lot. Much easier to get a grasp of the timeline and command frequency now, especially when changing the zoom. It was a much appreciated update from my side!

1 Like

I appreciate your scripts :wink:

@Hydra @poet145x I kinda want to get rid of the ghost script in the same timeline in favor of this.
Let me know what you think.
work in progress. this is nowhere near ready.

1 Like

That looks really good. It’s coming along nicely.

Wasn’t a fan of the ghost script either so i’m glad your doing away with it.

It is looking great! I personally don’t think the “ghost script” overlay is completely without use (one example I can think of is having the pitch/roll on the same bar while I work on something like the twist axis to reduce visual clutter), so you could leave it in if you wanted. But having the multiple bars like this is definitely preferable so if it is not possible to leave in both or if you think it is better to have only this then I support that. It is definitely a delicate balance having something flexible while also keeping it simple to use. Do please at least leave in the audio waveform overlay though.

Thanks for all the work on this! I am excited to test it out whenever it is ready! (but no rush!)

1 Like

@poet145x @Hydra It would make things alot easier for me to get rid of the “ghost” script and just have all loaded scripts get their own script timeline.

I’m trying something crazy right now (can’t share yet) and I’m wondering what the roll, pitch, twist values actually mean.
Like what does 0-100 roll,yaw,twist translate into.

1 Like

If it is easier to get rid of that, then by all means do so.

I’m not 100% sure I know what you mean by your question, so let me know if I am answering the wrong thing. 0 and 100 are just the max ranges allowed in the player. 50 is the “resting state” of all these axes meaning at 50 everything is centered for pitch/roll/twist. It would seem most OSR2 users limit the ranges of these axes in the players (by necessity, hitting max range on several axes at once can often mean things bumping into each other). So for something like roll, 0 is just “tilted as far left as you allow your device to go” and 100 is “tilted as far right as you allow your device to go”. With pitch a 0 is the top of the FL tilted towards you and 100 is it tilting away from you I believe.

Twist is a little stranger because it doesn’t necessarily matter if you are off center, except for limiting how much you could twist further in either direction. Technically users with a continuous servo (like the Parallax one being used in the newest plans) could rotate infinitely in either direction, but I don’t know how you would do this while keeping the funscript format the same. I suppose you could have it so values off of 50 were a rotational speed rather than a position, so 60 would be a slow rotation clockwise, 100 would be max speed clockwise, etc. (but this is drifting off topic and would probably cause problems for people using the older twist hardware)