OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

@sentinel I’ve been searching for things like that as well but with an iteration time 10-30 minutes on the github vm I don’t want to do this trial and error anymore.
And on my local vm which runs terribly btw I can’t install any of the dev tools so it’s also useless.
I’m going to put this on hold again.

@poet145x In the v1.1.1a release you can do that.

v1.1.1a release
The v1.1.1 contained some stupid bugs…

1 Like

I completely understand you. It’s a pain to develop or setup a build pipeline when you don’t work on the platform yourself. Hopefully someone with a bit of dev skills will pick up the task to actually make OFS work on Mac. There seems to be a few out there who would like to script on MacOS after all.

I hope nobody liked recording mode because I just nuked it.
https://github.com/gagax1234/OpenFunscripter/commit/071c8de0bde8ba68e35d0f1314d35e840351913f
356 deletions :weary: :ok_hand:

I’m going to have to record another video for what the future workflow for recordings is going to look like.
I think it’s going to become a lot more intuitive and powerful.

Hey.
Love the software, just have a questions.
Is it possible to add a delay when inserting points?
For example I script mostly after the beat in music with dynamic injection. So with like a 25ms or 50ms delay etc I can get it to match better without going back after and moving points.

I was just about to ask about the recording mode, it’s the only way i script. Hopefully you can figure out a good way of implementing it back. :slight_smile:

no. I can add that though. It’s an offset which is only applied when points are inserted while the video is playing?

I’m getting rid of recordings because I don’t think they provided any value.
Basically when you finish a recording in the next update the actions will immediatly get added to the timeline.

Sounds good!

That would be great. Like the one in Joyfunscripter, you can add a delay forward or backward to compensate for reaction time. I play the video normally while hitting the keybind every beat when possible.

1 Like

Any chance of getting a way to adjust repeat rate for keys added?

No. Probably not.

I’m getting rid of recordings because I don’t think they provided any value.
Basically when you finish a recording in the next update the actions will immediatly get added to the timeline.

I hope you can keep the sliding epsilon scale. It helps me after i’m done scripting on the fly to readjust plateaus on the fly

Here’s a quick demo.
The first 20 seconds I’m loading a video and adding a second script for the “raw” recording data, the file dialogs were not recorded.
With “Mirror mode” enabled the recording gets added to all loaded scripts.
The “Simplify” algorithm I moved to the Special functions window, it can be applied to any selection.
In the end I’m copy pasting the actions from the “raw” track into the other script with a new binding “Paste exact” ctrl+shift+v. I hope what it does is obvious from the video :thinking:.

This is what I imagine to be the best way to script with “Recording” mode in the future but you don’t have to use two scripts. Using two scripts ensures that you don’t loose any recorded data.

Since I removed recordings they won’t be loaded anymore in the next update.

Wow that actually looks really good!! Great change, and I really like that mirror mode option. Will be great for when i decide to venture fully into multi-axis scripting

Is mirror mode an option for all modes of scripting or is it just available on Recording mode?

It’s already part of the current 1.1.1 release the checkbox only shows when multiple scripts are loaded and is independent of the scripting mode.
The things that’s new is that recordings get mirrored.

Oh i see. I was using older build, good to know it’s available.

Recording mode is looking good! Will it be fully compatible with VR videos?

What do you mean by fully compatible? I predominantly script, mostly VR videos, in recording mode and it works for me.

Hi. I missing a cutting tool innerhit the software.
What I mean is: I wanna remove some time-line from funscript that is on other position.
That I don’t delete all marks and reposition it again. Or select a bunch of dots and move it on other position, that would be great too.

I hope it is possible…Let me know what do you think about that. Thanks

Uh yes of course.

@Colabrause004 I think I know what you mean.
You want to be able to cut the script into blocks and move them around like in a video editor.
While I agree that it would be nice, it’s too much work. It would be a gigantic rewrite.