OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

@AcademicInside Alright I will put it back in next time. I hope I can get rid of the dependency at some point.

@Hydra Not gonna lie I don’t see myself implementing any of those things.
Don’t get me wrong if this was a trivial addition I would do it but this very major stuff.
It has more to do with creating the custom GUI than the programming of the functionality.
Sadly nobody seems to have made an ImGui extension for multi-track editing yet. :pensive:

2 Likes

@gagax123

Hey bud, trying to open the program but I’m getting a blank screen, see image below, and a terminal is opening up and i get the following message. “Cannot load nvcuda.dll
DEBUG: Funscript changed!” Any idea as to what’s causing this issue?

OFS

1 Like

@gagax123 Haha, I completely understand and I fully admit to not having enough knowledge about this to even know the difficulty level of what I am asking for. Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion!

1 Like

@poet145x libmpv ( the video player ) is trying to load a hardware decoder which doesn’t exist on your system. What gpu do you have?
I might have to add a switch to enable software decoding.

1 Like

Hey it’s an older computer so i’m not sure if the gpu is strong enough. But the laptop has an AMD Radeon R7 M370. Will that work with this program?

1 Like

@poet145x nvcuda.dll is definitely an nvidia driver so no wonder it’s not working :sweat_smile:
Right now I’m forcing hardware decoding which is actually not recommended.
I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for the next update.
I won’t force hardware decoding anymore and instead add an option to force hardware decoding ( it’s really only relevant for 5k vr footage anyway ).

1 Like

Awesome. Good to hear it’s not something on my end.

Appreciate the updates and glad your working on this. Looking forward to next update

1 Like

@poet145x And I appreciate you posting because otherwise I would have never known that this is an issue. :wink:

1 Like

I uploaded a new release :raised_hands:
@poet145x Please tell me if this one works for you.
@forc You may have had the same issue.

3 Likes

This is really great, nice update, i really like the key binding. If i could recommend i wish it had and equalization function to make multiple points space out evenly. Another thing would be the ability to move points left or right as the video changes. So if you are a little early or late then you could just move it until it lines up,

Also, where are the manual snapshots saving by default, i can’t find them.

Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Ok, here’s what I’m thinking tell me if this is what you mean.
You select the points you want to equalize, execute the equalization function, the points get spaced based on the distance from the first point to the last point divided by the amount of points selected.

I don’t understand what you mean with as the video changes.

The manual snapshot just creates point you can return to via the undo system.
It’s very useless since everything should be automatically “snapshotted” right now.
Out of curiosity, what did you expect them to be? :eyes:

2 Likes
  • so for equalize if you selected say 5 points the equalized the , the first and the fifth would stay the say but the rest would adjust so that they would be even distance between them. So this:
    would become this…

i think we are on the same page on that.

• for “As the video changes” currently say i am 3 frames early on when someone bases out. right now i have to go to the point and shift-right for three frames. But the video pane stays on the same frame. for one point not to bad and if I know the exact amount of frames I need to move but after a couple thousand times tiring.
    What I would like to be able to do is go to that point, then when I am on it press a button that advances the point and the video frame by one so that I am moving the point and video in-sync so when the video shows them bottoming out my point matches. Much faster when manually adjusting each point.

• I thought manual snapshot was taking a screen grab of the frame like save image in MPC, but i get it now.

2 Likes

@gagax123
Regarding the comment from fievel45 above:
Personally I find the frame that is where I want the point, then I just adjust the script by moving (the closest) point until it is aligned with the current frame. This works really well given that you can move the closest point without actually standing on it (that is why I requested it earlier). Please don’t remove this option of editing. If there is no good way of combining the current move action with the suggestion from fievel45 then maybe have an option where the user can decide how it should behave.

A small but annoying thing. When you keybind using SHIFT it makes a different if you use the left or right shift key, but you don’t see that in the UI. I first thought the move action was broken. It would be preferable if SHIFT meant any shift key. If that is difficult given the current mechanism of identifying key presses then at least write LSHIFT or RSHIFT in the keybinding UI depending on which key is bound. Also, change the default value for move actions to the right shift + arrow keys (it is the left now).

2 Likes

Just to clarify, I don’t think the current shift+left/right should change, what i am mentioning should be an additional command

both methods have there place

3 Likes

Question: Does this have support for “digital” gamepad controls? (That is, using the buttons on a controller to advance frames, add and move points, etc.)

1 Like

@sentinel I’ve changed it so that left shift/ctrl & right shift/ctrl can be used interchangeably.
Left alt & right alt are still different though.
AltGr becomes Ctrl + Alt which is a windows thing apparently.

@fievel45 I’ve implemented the moving the default binding is Ctrl + Shift + Left / Right.
I called it “Move actions left / right with snapping” as it tries to snap to the closest action that’s being moved.
Equalize selection is also going to be in the next update. :slight_smile:

No But it would be possible to add that.

4 Likes

@gagax123 you rock, i really like the customization. I will add too bits of wish list here for you.

1. also a select mid-points, something to select everything but the top and bottom points. So you can leave change them in bulk but leave the tops and bottoms alone.
  2. A Save Image feature that takes screen shots. I often find really hot frames while scripting and lose them when i go back to look for them.
  3. A similar function to generate preview gifs, thumbs, heatmaps like ScriptPlayer 1.1.0
  4. On Equalization when nothing selected I hope it just equalizes the point between the one before and after it.

Of note, i have no idea if what I mentioned is easy or difficult. But thanks for taking feedback and implementing changes.

2 Likes

Thanks! You’re doing a great job here.

One more thing. Can you change the color for when you saved last because red on black is not that easy to read on high resolution screens. I’m not sure when I saw it being red because it is white when I open the app and load a video. Does it change color after some time without saving? So far I’ve only played around and I haven’t really started using OpenFunscripter for a full video yet. I will probably try it out on my next scripting project. I don’t know what it will be yet though, maybe you have a request for a VR video? I could do a 2D as well if you have a video link available. I just thought that I can do something in return for your hard work with OpenFunscripter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are these the points you would expect to be selected? Because technically these are the only points which aren’t top or bottom.

I’ve made it so that when nothing is selected the closest actions is going to get equalized.

I implemented a screenshot feature. Which was fun ( I’m not being sarcastic ) but I won’t bore you with the details.

I don’t know about this one. I may implement an export of the heatmap as an image. But thumbs and preview gifs probably not. I’m pretty sure ScriptPlayer uses ffmpeg for that stuff and I would just end up doing the exact same thing. :sweat_smile:

@sentinel Yes the label goes red after 5 minutes should I just leave it white or try another color?

Thanks for the offer but people using my program is exiting enough for me. :nerd_face:

With all these additions it’s probably already time for another update :thinking:

3 Likes

That would work for me.

Also, found another feature that would be useful, inverting a series of points. So 100 to 0 / 75 to 25 / 25 to 75 / 0 to 100 ect…

image to this image

Also, is there a way to make a start point for selection and then and end point if it takes up more space then on the screen, i so far can only select up to a minute ate a time.

Also, Select all right and left points.

1 Like