OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

It would be nice. This looks like it has a lot of potential, but the gamepad is a fundamental part of my scripting process at this point.

Also, I have a suggestion for alternating mode. How about an option to select which values should be alternated between? It would be very convenient sometimes to be able to go, for example, “alternate between 100 and 30” and then only have to tweak things when I want a different point, instead of having to use various workarounds if I want the ‘it’s very fast’ benefits of alternating mode with a scene where I don’t want full-depth strokes.

1 Like

That explains it :slight_smile:
I’ll get back after I’ve tested OpenFunscripter for real scripting, not just testing around. I tend to forget to save when I’m focusing on scripting and it is only then I’ll know if the red text gets my attention.

1 Like

@fievel45 I’ll add those things.

@remc_ren So gamepad support would be a moderate amount of work. I would have to add two sets of bindings. And update the key binding UI accordingly. I’ll look into it.
The fixed range for alternate mode I can add easily. :slight_smile:

@sentinel
In the next update the red is going to be brighter.

3 Likes

Hey, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. But yes it does work now. Thanks for getting the change done so quickly

1 Like

Here’s another update.
Not sure if people have figured this out yet but you can actually Ctrl select to add or subtract from a selection. :wink:

2 Likes

Any chance you can include what’s on the new update? I appreciate all the work you’ve been putting in on this

1 Like

I updated the thread. You were too early :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh man, your amazing. Could you explain what the snapping function does? I’m not quite understanding based on previous convo eariler?

1 Like

@poet145x
Your position in the video gets set to the position of the action you’re moving.

1 Like

Hey there not sure what I found but I was playing with one of my script, I made it in JFS, sorry its quicker at the moment, and when i checked it out I found this. Not sure if its a bug or a feature. The red line is the script. I am not sure what its doing. Can you please educate me when you have a chance.

2 Likes

@gagax123 No errors at all, and I already had the codec pack. Sadly the updates have not helped in my case and I am on a nvidia GPU so the AMD specific problem shouldn’t have affected me.

2 Likes

@fievel45 he red line is how I render raw actions.
JFS exports those. Right now they don’t serve a purpose in OpenFunscripter you can disable the rendering by right clicking and then remove the tick at “Draw raw actions”.
It should be disabled by default in v1.0.3 :thinking:

@forc I’m at a loss. OpenFunscripter just embeds this player https://mpv.io/ you could try running mpv as a standalone player exact version I’m using and see if that also doesn’t work but it’s more likely that I’m doing something wrong…

2 Likes

I can’t seem to be able to load the video and funscript separately (ie: load video then the script). When loading the video, it works fine, but then when I try to load the funscript, it’ll cause a “You can’t load funscripts without a video” error, falling back to the last displayed frame, despite me having a video loaded. The only way that I can load the video and script together is to put them both the the same directory (less organized then keeping the video and script separated)

2 Likes

Hi, first of all , its a nice piece of software… is there a possibility to add in the tool a connection, to test the script on the device (launch, etc…) thanks

2 Likes

I finally got it to work, it was illegal characters in the location path. (In this instance it was a “¦”).

2 Likes

@mrdoesnothingalot Yes you’re right to assume that this should work.
I’ll put in a check to see if the filenames match and if they do it won’t close the video.
There’s still going to be a restriction for the names to match though …
It was showing the last frame not because a video was loaded but because that was the last thing in the framebuffer the video was actually closed. :nerd_face:

The handy maybe. The Launch probably never sadly, because there’s no cross-platform way of handling bluetooth low energy. It’s a mess.
You can always use ScriptPlayer for live-testing in the sidebar settings under “Debug” enable “Auto Reload Script” and save the script whenever you want to test a section. You need ScriptPlayer version 1.1.0 or greater.
autoreload

@forc I’m glad you found the problem.
I was able to reproduce the error and found (fixed?) the problem.
I hope I haven’t introduced worse bugs. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This simulator is going to be in the next update. :smirk:
@sentinel Right now it’s placing an indicator in the simulator for the next and the previous action if the position of the next/previous action isn’t 0 or 100.
VIDEO LINK

3 Likes

Looks really good. It shall be interesting to see if it helps avoiding to look at the points when doing a “dry run” with only the simulator.

Appreciate all updates. But what concern is having the indicator addressing?

The way it works in the current update seems fine to me but I’m welcome to hearing the reasoning.

@poet145x
what do you mean by addressing?
If you mean the text on the indicators I really don’t have reason. :thinking:
I can throw out if they are irritating.