OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

How do i instal the openfunscripter on a Windows 10 laptop. There are 5 assets?

Download the .exe file. It is an installer for Windows.

The .7z is a “zip”-file for OFS with no installer. Nice to have if you want to have an official release side by side with a beta-release. .7z-files can be extracted with the free open source archiving application 7-zip (https://www.7-zip.org/) among others.

The .snap-file is for the Linux operating system and the rest is the source code for OFS.

soon* :tm: :sunglasses:

*ᵀ⁻ᶜᵒᵈᵉ ᵒⁿˡʸ

Thanks, thuis did the job!

@gagax123 Could you add a “Delete All Bookmarks” menu option?

added that.
I still need to update the 3d simulator before I can make a release again…
In general I have no idea how broken OFS is right now after all the refactoring.

Not sure how to get the “recordings” option as seen in this video (webm.red - Untitled) as when I stop playing it automatically creates the control points but creates way too many and there’s no way to fine tune as far as I can tell. I have to manually select all points then select mid points only and delete, and then repeat this a few times. How do you get the recordings option to set how many points to create? I’m using 1.1.4. Thanks

That workflow got changed.
Under “View”->“Special functions” you can find the “Simplify” function.

1 Like

I am about 30 minutes in to using this for the first time, and I really really like it. This is awesome thanks!

1 Like

Hi, just downloaded this today… previously used the JoyFunScripter… I think I like the look of your one better… and it has feature I really wanted while scripting in JFS - the audio waveform!

A feature enhancement that might be good would be to split the waveform up into low, mids and high frequencies - it is very hard to find the symbols/highhats in a single waveform with large amount of bass obscuring every other frequency. Some software like Traktor DJ does this by displaying the waveform as three different colours split into three bands, so you can see the mids/high spikes in waveform easier.

By the way is there some way to show multiple edit lines at once? I would like to edit and see roll/pitch scripts at same time as main script.

Also is there any documentation/instructions anywhere? Trying to figure out how to use Tempo mode.

I haven’t seen any. Most features are developed after feedback from those posting in this thread so start going through posts related to tempo here and see if that helps you. There are hundreds of posts that are loaded continuously as you scroll through. You can try search as well.

Thanks, I figured all that out myself already!

One thing I am stuck on now… I am trying to clean up a previous script where points are slightly to left/right of where they should be - when I use “ctrl+shift left/right” it doesn’t snap to the Tempo grid shown. I’m not sure what it is snapping - just empty space around the grid lines. How do I get points to snap to the Tempo grid (I have it set to 16th)?

Also is there any way of selecting points to move without having to drag a rectangle around them individually - seems a terrible clunky way to select an individual point. I basically want to go through a load of individual points and quickly snap them left or right onto nearest 16th Tempo grid line.

Also would it not be better to select the point as soon as I jump to it using the up/down key command. Right now it seems to not do this!

Also wanted to quickly copy / paste sections of points from one script to another in same positions - seems I have to delete existing points in a section first before pasting - is there an “overwrite” mode which will delete/paste in one go?

ps. for anyone wondering in future - you change the timeline script zoom amount using the mouse wheel! Took me a while to find that.

Oh right… so it is snapping to nearest frame… I see. I suppose then it is not possible to snap to the tempo grid exactly when moving, but probably doesn’t matter then since the resolution is only one frame minimum.

I realized it would be an awful lot easier to develop scripts for videos if this program could actually just send t-code to a device like OSR2 on serial port as we are playing back from here - it is a total PITA to have to open a player (XTPlayer) and have to keep setting the player up, opening the correct script etc… XTPlayer does not recognize changed scripts either so only way to reload new script after editing it is to shut it down completely and re-open it! Can we have t-code/serial output during playback?

And another thing that would be nice/better if it doesn’t already exist is to have a key bind for UP which “goes up 10” and DOWN for “goes down 10” or some other amount - it is messy trying to find the correct number on keypad when you just want to continue up, up, up or down, down, up etc. Better to have your fingers on two keys to go up and down while other hand steps video right.

Also is there a way to move a selected range of points up and down somehow? ie keep a pattern but change where the reciever performs the range (at top or bottom)

Thank you for uploading the program.
However, whenever I’m trying to load a video, the program crashes;
I did try installing codec, and I did change the name for the vids…
Any ideas?

@ryuhda Assuming you are on windows 10 and are using 1.1.4.
Try installing the windows media feature pack (can’t tell you how to install that because microsoft changes that every 5 minutes).
You’re not giving me a whole lot to work with.

@geogan
I noted some of those feature requests but going forward and this has nothing to do with you.
I would really appreciate if people would make feature requests on github (by creating an issue).
This would be an immense help for me and heres why.

• It makes it easier for me to track and not forget.
  • Some feature request require alot of further discussion. Which doesn’t belong in this thread since alot of people who read this thread probably don’t care.
  • Naturally some feature request have to get turned down for various reasons and github is a good place to document why.

This hopefully would also reduce the amount of discussion in this thread. To be fair alot of the discussion is instigated by me. :sweat_smile:
But the thread is getting too bloated.

3 Likes

@gagax123 just created an Issue on Git, I hope I did it right because I am brand new on Github.
The Issue is as follows:

I would like to know if it would be possible to add an Option in the View-Tab of the Menu to fix the Video Size and Position if checked or possibly the Whole Layout excluding the Simulator?
I am new to the Whole Scripting Game,
but I find it the most Comfortable if I am scripting on the Fly with a Stylus of my Graphics Tablet,
unfortunately if I touch the Tablet with the Tip of the Pen/Stylus the Video gets grabbed and moved
because it’s acting like a mouse click.

I am asking because scripting with the Mouse is not great, with a Joypad is very inaccurate and with a Keyboard is really slow,
and these Graphics Tablets are pretty cheap these days, got mine for 40 or 50€, can’t remember.

1 Like

Note:
As of right now I don’t see a path to implement copying actions between multiple instances of OFS so if that’s something you need to do I would recommend to just load the script you need to copy from in the same instance.
Also OFS really isn’t designed to run multiple instances this may change in future.

4 Likes

Doesn’t work. UI is visible for a few seconds then app closed without error message.