OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

If you press the s key the time and video should sync. Maybe that will resolve the issue too.

I know there was some discussions and issues with synchronization in early versions of OFS, but I don’t remember the technical details. There might be something in the first half of this long thread of posts that could explain it.

I found in some videos an issue where you couldn’t seek 1 frame backwards anymore.
Forward I was never able to reproduce.

The relative seek command would just get ignored by mpv. why is a mystery to me.
So the video player wouldn’t seek back but OFS would.
The fix for the next 1.1.6 release is that I’m no longer seeking relative from the current position and instead always seek absolute. That bug must’ve existed since v1.0.6 but only occurs with certain videos. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

The simulator has disappeared and I cannot get it to come back. I even upgraded to 1.1.5 and the simulator is still nowhere to be found even after disabling and enabling it and changing the views… is there a way to get this back?

@gagax123 Hey bud. I’m using your build that just introduced the shortcuts. You added in Ctrl + Up or Down which increases points by 10 which is actually a great idea.

I was wondering if you either change the increment to 5 or let it be customizable. I think 5 is a more manageable increment. Hope you’ll consider this

Right click on the windows icon on the taskbar → run → type in %appdata% → find the folder OFS → delete it → run OFS again

Is the simulator back again?

Note, that this process will reset all your settings. Positions that you set for the windows, hotkeys etc.

@salamandertaco There should be a “Center” button in the simulator window for this purpose.

I noted that for the next release. I’ll add +5 & -5 additionally to the +10 -10.

4 Likes

Hi @gagax123

Is there a way of adding a new special function so I can shift the selected positions with a sin or cos wave?
Moving all the points by hand would be a pita. I know there is a custom function button but I dont know how to create new ones. And I never used Lua^^

I have exported a script segment to Excel and added a little formula to shift the points by two parameters to show you what I mean.

=ROUND(C211+SIN(A211*Frequency/100)*Amplitude,0)

Column A is the timestamp index (1, 2, 3, …)
Colum C is the original position

Frequency = 15
Amplitude = 10

Frequency = 10
Amplitude = 20

Frequency = 30
Amplitude = 5
grafik

Copied back to a funscript it looks like this.

1 Like

It’s really not that hard.
Just save this as a .lua file and drop it in the script directory.
Don’t get confused by some of the comments I just took the jitter script and plugged in your formula.
Lua apparantly doesn’t have a round so used floor :man_shrugging:

Oh and the script only runs on selected actions.

1 Like

It works :+1:

Any change to change the script path?

I usually dont save stuff on my C drive in case I setup windows again and forget the stuff in the system folders. C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS_data\lua

I dont mind if the settings get lost but I dont want to loose the lua scripts or making copies from the files every time.

No you can’t change the path.
I don’t really want to make that a thing either.
I can let you in on a secret that microsoft doesn’t want you to know, you could delete the lua directory and create a junction to another folder using this Junction - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

I’m finishing up some large personal projects and want to start making some scripts. Is the only option here a snap? I think there might be better luck with flatpak or appimage.

Posting this SUPER late - but thanks for making this tool. I downloaded it last night and it seems rad, I’ll try doing my next script with this program.

I have this installed on a Virtual Machine. Just installed redistributables but get “Failed to load glad” prompt then it stops. Any ideas?

Did you reboot the VM? It looks like it’s failing to load openGL libraries.

@highfiiv
Your vm needs atleast opengl 3.3 support.
I should add you’re more likely to have no opengl support at all than specifically that version.

When explored those technologies I learned to hate all of them.
I may give it another shot some other time but not in the near future.
There’s always compiling it yourself pm me if you’re interested in that.

There is a problem that I am having. Whenever I have Openfunscript open, and I go to open a video file, the entire program crashes. Every time. I cannot open any video in Openfunscript to do any work. That said, what am I doing wrong?

Everything installed?

See here:

https://github.com/gagax1234/OpenFunscripter/wiki/Installation

Still crashes.

Update: Got it to stay open

I’m working on something for all the programmers again.
I started adding mono (C#) support for small extensions to OFS pretty much the same as Lua except using C# this is probably going to remain a windows only feature. :thinking:
At some point I will also get around to add the ability to bind extensions to keys.

Anyway I got the fundamental stuff working.
You’ll need to have Download - Stable | Mono 64-bit installed.

Really basic not final API. again same paradigm as Lua OFS_ExtensionBase.cs
I don’t have a real example yet but the basic gist ist you would create .cs file in the script directory and create a class which extends OFS.Extension pastebin.
My hope is that this is more interesting since people are generally more familliar with C# than Lua.
Here’s the first working version mono build. Let me know what you think.
Or if this is a total waste of time :grin:

Stop working with Mono and try switching to .NET 5 if possible. .NET 5 is open source developed and supported by Microsoft on MacOS, Linux and Windows. Mono is old stuff that will die sooner or later.

It is worth mentioning that .NET 5 is not the “next version” after .NET Framework 4.x. It is the new platform independent .NET based on .NET Core 3.x. Microsoft sees that .NET 4.8 will be the last version of the traditional .NET Framework and apps written for 4.8 will not run in .NET 5 and later.

1 Like