OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

@gagax123 Ok so I uninstalled OFS, deleted the OFS folder in %appdata%, reinstalled, restarted my computer, and now I get this message in the dialog box before it says OFS has stopped and shuts down.

ERROR: Failed to load json: “C:\Users.…\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS_data\keybinds.json”

When you told me to delete the OFS in %AppData%, I took a look inside before I did so. There was a .json file in there, but once I deleted it and reinstalled OFS the folder has been completely empty.

I’ve been trying all kinds of combinations of C++ downloads from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587 and here Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Docs
I have also downloaded and installed the LAVFilters from here Releases · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters · GitHub

@hugecat Yes if there’s a way to archive this thread and not being able to reply to it anymore I think that would be good.
I don’t know how other people would feel about it but I also wouldn’t be against deleting it entirely (every release).
Reasoning for that would be the information becomes out of date quickly and I’ll get the same questions anyway no matter how many times they’ve already been asked :man_shrugging:

@burtreynolds
There’s really nothing I can do. If the there’s no keybinds.json it’s just going with the defaults it wouldn’t crash.
Just in case try this one https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe it’s the one @Slibowitz recommended although if you’re not getting a missing VCRUNTIME dll error anymore it’s probably not the culprit.
Assuming you’re not trying anything out the ordinary like running on VM or something.
From a clean installation there’s really only two places I can imagine something going wrong in the graphics driver or in mpv.
Goes without saying that the current release works on my machine with a clean installation ( I checked anyways ).
So there’s only two things left which is a crash dump Collecting User-Mode Dumps - Win32 apps | Microsoft Docs and from that I’d probably be able to figure out what’s going wrong or attaching a debugger yourself and start debugging (you’d need to be a dev for that).
Getting a crash dump seems to be a pain in the ass like you have to set keys in the registry and stuff Creating an Application Crash Dump • Helge Klein.
If you’re not comfortable with that I understand but there’s nothing else.

1 Like

Thats why I made shortcuts on the main topic in HandyControl. You can just jump to the post that shows a release desciption. I could make new topics everytime but then I would also link them the same way.

It will just scattering my topic if people start posting in different topics and I have to jump around to keep track of it. I prefer one place for my updates as long as there is no post limit on a single topic that will crash the server one day :innocent:

I won’t force you either way. Feel free to continue doing what you’ve been doing, and let me know if you need help changing the way you do it in the future.

So I download ver. 1.1.7. I was having the same issue with 1.1.8.

I tried ver. 1.1.8 and had the same problem. Now I’ve got ver. 1.1.7. I haven’t done much but it opened and I’ve loaded a video. This is the message I get in the dialog box every time I run it.

ERROR: Failed to load json: “C:\Users.…\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS_data\keybinds.json”
Cannot load nvcuda.dll
Cannot load nvcuda.dll

The AppData folder now contains config.json, imgui.ini, sim3d.json, tcode.json, and an empty lua folder.

You are correct in your assumption that I am not knowingly doing anything unusual like running a VM. I checked the graphics driver and it’s up to date. I don’t know anything about mpv. I installed VC_redist.x64.exe, and only VC_redist.x64.exe, from the link provided. I uninstalled all the other C++ files. Should I not have done that? Does it matter whether I use .snap, .7z, or .exe downloads? Or do I just pick one? At the moment I’m using the .7z files.

That’s a file provided by the nVidia graphics card driver. It should be available in c:\windows\system32. Try reinstalling/reparing the latest nVidia driver for you graphics card and see if that resolves the issue. It is possible to do a clean driver install if an ordinary doesn’t help. It is up to you how far you want to take it since a clean install will remove all your previous settings for your graphics card.

Snap is for Linux, not Windows.
7z is OFS without an installer. You extract it in a folder and run it from there.
exe is the OFS Windows installer.

1 Like

Apparently my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 4000. Does this mean my journey ends here?

I don’t think that OFS will try to force hardware acceleration for decoding videos (changed in 1.0.2). Maybe the dependency still remains so that OFS still require drivers that support it or maybe it’s the video player MPV that requires it to function. I think @gagax123 has to respond to this.

1 Like

ok wow I think I found the issue…
According to the specs Intel HD Graphics 4000 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database your GPU has only support up to opengl 4.0.

Now that shouldn’t be a problem I thought, because I only need 3.3 but I just learned that I introduced an opengl call which requires 4.5 in 1.1.8.
If my theory is correct than 1.1.7a should be the last working release for you.
Please try it instead https://github.com/gagax1234/OpenFunscripter/releases/tag/1.1.7a to confirm my theory.
You might need to wipe the “%appdata%\OFS” directory again.

I’ll fix it so opengl 3.3 (which is a decade old :sweat_smile: ) remains the minimum requirement.

2 Likes

@gagax123 @sentinel Thanks guys. Sorry to be so much trouble.
I downloaded 1.1.7a, deleted the previous AppData folder, reboot, open as administrator, it opens but this is the message I receive.

Cannot load nvcuda.dll
ERROR: Failed to load json: “C:\Users.…\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS_data\sim3d.json”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[0][0]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[0][1]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[0][2]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[0][3]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[1][0]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[1][1]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[1][2]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[1][3]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[2][0]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[2][1]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[2][2]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[2][3]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[3][0]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[3][1]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[3][2]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “obj[3][3]”
WARN: Failed to reflect “Zoom”
Cannot load nvcuda.dll
ERROR: Failed to load json: “C:\Users.…\AppData\Roaming\OFS\OFS_data\tcode.json”
WARN: Failed to reflect “tickrate”
WARN: Failed to reflect “delay”
WARN: Failed to reflect “SplineMode”
WARN: Failed to reflect “RemapToFullRange”

The AppData folder now contains config.json, imgui.ini, and a lua folder.

It opens? And continues to run?
Because if that’s the case everything is fine.
Those errors & warnings are safe to ignore.
Still confused about the nvcuda.dll though.

It opens, continues to run, and I can load a video and script. However, if I understand @Husky’s video tutorial, I should be able to press a number key and then see that reflected in the script. At this time I do not. Maybe there’s something in the settings that I’m not seeing? Everything works without issue on JFS so maybe that could help identify the problem? There are less files in the AppData folder than with 1.1.7, and there’s still no keybinding.json file.

By default it’s numpad numbers you can rebind under Options->Keys->Actions.
There also might be a bug in that version where the first action isn’t rendered and it’s only showing after inserting atleast two actions.

1 Like

YES!!!

I only have the top row number keys and I just didn’t think about needing to rebind those keys. That’s such an awesome feature because having to use the row of numbers can sometimes be really awful.

Thanks for sticking with me!

@gagax123 May you be graced with a full and powerful mustache.

1 Like

If I can have a little QOL suggestion.

When you enable tempo overlay it’s sometimes hard to see where the indicator is:

To find it much easier I propose to add a little triangle above indicator:

change
Is this better?
I also made the vertical lines 60% transparent from 70% and the colored lines a little thinner.
I wonder how useful/necessary the numbering is. :thinking:

Looking good, maybe make the whole triangle white or different color fill. It might blend with some points, haven’t thought of that earlier.

Edit: nevermind, the fill should be ok anyways, you can see where the points are following the lines.

I don’t know about the numbering, never really bothered me. It might be helpful when doing longer sets of patterns. You know so you do 5 times pattern #1, then 3 times pattern #2 and again. Just a guess, but honestly have no idea if its important.

I decided to do a beta release for 1.2.0.
https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/openfunscripter-1-2-0-beta-looking-for-feedback/21607?u=gagax123

2 Likes