OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 1.1.9 release

If there is an option to repair when it tells you that it already is installed try that. Vc redist 2015 isn’t in the list so it is a bit strange that is can’t be installed. I don’t remember, but I think Microsoft has bundled vc redist the 2015, 2017 and 2019 into one so maybe find a 2019 version and check if that includes 2015 as well. If so try installing that one.

That link contains a download link x86: vc_redist.x86.exe
According to the page Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 all share the same redistributable files.

I have setup CI. :sunglasses:
This will greatly reduce friction for me to put out new releases.
You can also get bleeding edge builds here, if you don’t want to wait.

1 Like

I added a small 1.0.7 release.

I want to remove the writing of undo states to disk.
It’s lags the program unnecessarily and it seems ridiculous that someone would do 500+ things to a script and then want to undo them again. :thinking:
I also don’t want to hold everything in RAM.
My solution would be instead of writing them to disk just let them fall out of the system so that memory can be freed that way. This means you would only be able to undo the last 500 things instead of 500+ things.
Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Hey.

I was trying to edit in a script in OFS. But i noticed during the playback it was extremely skippy. I was wondeirng if you could provide some insight on what may be causing it?

See attached video for

Appreciate any help

@poet145x
What resolution is the video?
For me it gets choppy like that when I try to run 5k vr video without hardware decoding.
Try enabling hardware decoding under Options->Preferences->Force hardware decoding.

Hey bud. Its a 6K video which i uncompressed using FFMPEG, so the file size is massive.

I tried forcing hardware decoding but unfortunately it’s still choppy. Is that the only possibly solution, besides finding a lower res version?

If it’s 6K uncompressed than bandwidth is probably the issue. :sweat_smile:
Does the video play well in VLC, MPC-HC, etc.?
If you really want to use 6k footage to script I would expect a compressed version to be better.

@poet145x re-encode it in lower resolution + uncompressed. You really don’t need more than a 2K video to script it. It will be smooth and fast.

I initally had compressed version. But it was behaving slowly when manually moving frame by frame, though I didn’t try to force hardware decoding, so i decided to uncompress and see if that performed better. It didn’t.

I’ll try forcing hardware decoding on the compressed version and see it that behaves better

Can you please explain how to re-encode to lower resolution. Are you saying with like FFMPEG or is there anothe way to do so?

If you’re going to use uncompressed video it has to be lower resolution because 6k would be gigabytes per seconds that have to be streamed from disk/sdd.
Like one frame of 6k video uncompressed is easily more than a 100 megabytes and you got atleast 60 per second. :nerd_face:

Have a look here if you feel comfortable to use ffmpeg
https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/how-to-get-started-with-scripting/2234/25

Oh, that’s what i did. I misunderstood you.

I just don’t know how to re-encode to a lower resolution. The command prompt given there is uncompressing the file but the resolution stays the same.

@gagax123

Could you also explain the recording feature?
I see it creates a red line but no points are created

here is a quick demonstration.
I accendentally clicked “Generate actions from recording” twice for “Recording 1#” so ignore that.

1 Like

Oh, that’s cool. The video demonstration is extremely helpful. .

Look forward to using it

P.S I see you were using a mouse. When you use controller, there’s controller deadzone. What does that mean?

I didn’t make that up. :sweat_smile:
What is controller deadzone?

A low deadzone is more responsive, a subtle touch will result in an input, there’s a flip side, if your controller is a little worn or the sticks are a little loose it could lead to drift. Larger deadzones trade off responsiveness to avoid accidental inputs.

Lol,

I’m not a gamer so I hadn’t actually ever heard of the term. You’re being extremely genrous with your time one last question. It looks like when you use controller, the default position is 50. Is there anyway to change that to 100?

No but that can be a future feature :thinking: