OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 2.0.0 release

Not sure what happened but for some reason I can not get OFS to start. I originally had it setup as a portable installation and have now switched over to the executable installation and neither one will load. All I get is a thinking circle next to the mouse pointer and then it disappears. Ideas? Oh, Windows 10x64 with 21H1 update.

1 Like

Good afternoon, everyone. When trying to run the program, nothing happens. What could be the reason. win 10

Have you followed the installation instructions properly? The first video in the post below shows how to do it. Also try to search the forum since this question has been asked a few times by different people. A common issues is forgetting to install prerequisites.

I have. Even searched and found that my LAV filters were behind so updated those as well as downloaded the C++ distro listed above and still nothing. No errors, just a blue thinking circle that disappears after a second. I don’t even get a console window. Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times with no success and same results. Frustrating because I was working a few scripts but now can’t.

1 Like

I have the same problem. If you can fix it somehow, please let us know

OFS uses a 3rd party video player component, MPV, which has caused problems for some users with e.g. Intel integrated graphics. nVidia video cards seems to works best and AMD usually work too. However, the OFS dev has very few options to help if it is MPV that is the culprit. There is a thread about this that you could look into and try the suggestion there. Maybe it help you even if it didn’t help the one that had the problem originally.

only version 13.0 was launched

I’ve tried everything that I can think of. Cleared registry and folder search of all OFS related entries. Rebooted and reinstalled latest version with no luck. I use an Nvidia graphics card so I don’t think MPV is the issue as mentioned above. Is there any enviro variables that need to be set? Will Cuda and cudnn being installed mess with it? Had to install it to mess with another video editing program that uses python and tensorflow. I’m at my wits end with this and can’t get used to JFS which opens no problem.

hey guys :slight_smile:
first of all I want to thank you for all this hard work and time you put in this - well done and it is quite interesting

I got some issues which I think might be more general but I hoped maybe there are some people who would have some tips:
I just started my first steps in scripting and i am using the recording mode or the motion tracker
for making a clip interactuable i am using the funexpander (I think its called) - I put in a 4.94GB clip and received a 28 GB clip, is this size change accurate?
also it doesnt run really fluent and I got no idea if this has to do with a wrong rendered clip or if its because I got to fast movements scripted or anything else
do you know what might be the problem?

thanks already in advance!

The files can increase in size, make sure that you are converting them to 30fps and set height to 1080 to lower the resolution a bit:

Hope it helps. If it will still lag afterwards you might have not powerful enough PC/laptop and you might want to lower the height setting even lower.

1 Like

Just tried to update to the latest version and now I’m having the same issue as 47dahc and smoyk.

Blue ‘thinking’ circle spins for a moment then vanishes and nothing else happens. Older version I was using 10 minutes ago worked fine, all prerequisites installed, creating mpv.conf made no difference.

In case it’s a useful clue, no %appdata%/OFS/ seems to be being created during the installation. The old one from the previous version existed but once I removed it, it wasn’t recreated by installing or running the new version.

Edit: Did some more testing and the 1.3.0 Beta release is the most recent version that will open. Looking at the changes between that and v1.3.1 gives me a hunch it’s the introduction of AVX that is causing the issue - my CPU doesn’t support AVX but there is no error message displayed. Is there a way we can get a non-AVX build to test?

Thanks for the testing and info LondonGent. This makes sense since I’m trying to run on an 11yr old AMD Phenom II X6 1090T CPU. I guess the life span of my future proofed build from 2010 has finally ran out.

OFS won’t open, I have a windows 10 machine and have done all the steps.

Reinstalled several times correct C++ etc etc…

I get a white screen for 3 seconds and then the program closes again

Can someone assist me?

1 Like

What CPU does your computer have? Does version 1.3.0 work for you?

Intel Core I5-2520M I tried all the versions but unfortunately not working getting the same issue

Seems like you’re not having the same issue as 47dahc, smoyk and I am. Not sure what to suggest other than waiting for someone more knowledgeable to chip in.

1 Like

I added a new release 1.4.3

There’s now two version one with and one without AVX support.
When profiling with AVX I saw roughly ~10% speed gains (which really only results in slightly less overall CPU usage).
But if you’re running an older CPU (10+ years) it most likely doesn’t have AVX… :sweat:

The AppImage doesn’t use AVX.

3 Likes

quick question:
is there a way to set all the bottom points from like 0 to 2 at once instead of having to adjust each single one of them? from already existing scripts i mean
because 0 is way to loud on my toy so there would be no way to really enjoy this :sweat_smile:
its a lovense max 2, so no settings available (of which i would know of) like handy or launch.

Yes, or at least you can get close enough. With your script open in OFS:

Select all points with Ctrl + A

Select bottom points only with Ctrl + Shift + Down Arrow

Press Shift + Up Arrow twice to move all bottom points up 2

This will move ALL bottom points upwards, but if it’s only by a couple of points it won’t be noticable while making sure you never bottom out at 0.

1 Like

thanks so much, gonna try this one out!