OpenFunscripter - another scripting tool - 2.0.0 release

Yeah CPU. I’m not experienced enough in coding and so I don’t know where this is coming from (ffmpeg?) but shouldn’t it be like idling already while the video is just paused? Just like a media player usually does?
Anyway, thanks!

dang, any change that it will be implemented?

What do imagine it would look like?
Cause making it move left/right and up/down based on surge and sway is trivial.
I just don’t know if that alone is satisfying or if it needs to do more than that.

Edit: I got that wrong sway is left/right surge is forward/backward.

Maybe something like a small 3D enviroment as seen in MOSA https://trymosa.netlify.app/

Or maybe even something like a small isometric view with an adjustable camera - i dont know how hard that is to code tho.

1 Like

I’m not happy with the 3D Simulator.
I would like to do a complete rewrite from scratch (for many reasons).

I like the mosa visualizer. I would even go so far to it’s better than what OFS currently has.
It would be nice to get more input on this from people who use the 3D Simulator.
However this thread is not the correct place for this discussion.

2 Likes

Hi,

How can I use ofs.ScriptPath now.
I need it for MyTool

Ok, I find it.

local CurrentScript = ofs.Script(ofs.ActiveIdx())
local MyPath= CurrentScript.path

It’s was true in your last release but not anymore. Now it’s in miliSecondes.
Where is the error, in your WIKI or in your code?
It’s ok but I need to modify my code at many place.
I just need to know if it’s will change in a near by future.

Previously it was milliseconds now it’s seconds.

1 Like

I tried the new functionality ToolTip and Disable I asked for and I love that. Good working and visually clear. Really good job.

It must be idx, action :wink:

It’s fixed but no need to ping everyone in this thread you can pm me.

1 Like

Hi,

How can I make two lua script communicate?
I just want to display a value from one lua script to another.

Hi, hope this is the right place to add this, I want to make a suggestion for the addition of notes. I.e we highlight a section of the script we are working on and an option to add a note for the highlighted section/s would show up to write in. This would be useful for longer projects and opens up a smoother collaboration between scripters if there are more than 1 working on the same script.

1 Like

Hi, I just started scripting and was wondering if PC specs make a difference. I currently have a 1660 graphics card and an i5 cpu , nothing special, but was wondering if I should consider upgrading my specs or not. I have not seen the program run slow but would it begin to slow down or even crash with longer, more complex scenes?

You don’t require any powerful hardware to script. The most important thing to get good performance is to re-encode larger high resolution videos to lower resolution and only with full picture frames. Read more about that in the scripting guides in the howto category.

Feature suggestion:
allow decimals for BPM when in Tempo mode. Many of the songs that I want to script SFM for have a BPM that’s slightly off, so I have to align the measure bars as often as every 16 bars.

Thank you for your consideration, and I’m enjoying the software so far!

@Midevil Can’t you do this already with bookmarks?
The UI needs some work but you can create bookmark ranges.
However the amount of text you can attach is fairly limited :thinking:

@IsaacNewtongue I added it for the next release.

4 Likes

totally didn’t even see the bookmarks. thx

running into an issue. The intervals keep switching on me and is affecting scripting.
I don’t know why but this keeps occurring to me when I’m scripting.

I start off normally then I get extra intervals out of the blue as shown above

The out of the blue I get some extra intervals which mess up my scripting and is also affecting the motion tracer in using for some of the scenes

After a few, it goes back to normal but then occurs randomly again.

can I get some help or does someone know what’s going on?