All this does is averages out the action points you copied to the clipboard finds the center then pastes from that center point. Normally it’ll paste from the first point, right? So if you try to copy a peak move to the next peak and paste it will paste from the first valley to work around that you paste from the valley, I didn’t want to do that anymore.
And you can hotkey it.
I don’t know if this exists inside of OFS or if someone has done this already I apologize if I’m stepping on toes I honestly cannot find this functionality anywhere.
Edit: V2 I added a paste from last so it just works like regular paste but from the last point and it’ll paste to the left of wherever you’re trying to paste.
I’ve never encountered a situation where this would have been needed. But the extension is appreciated! Maybe others have been wanting this functionality.
I guess for copy pasting symmetrical patterns (or patterns that have some additional detail on both sides of the center point) where the peak/valley point is accurate but the other points are not?.. Probably best use case would be for folks using a motion tracking tool or an audio-generator that can accurately match certain beats/parts of a motion, bot not the offbeats/middle values… That could be a useful thing.
But if the thing you are pasting over is consistent, like a pmv/hmv with a set BPM, it would probably be easier to just copy paste normally
Thanks, yes, this is what it’s for I’m not very good at explaining ideas sometimes but you got it exactly right.
It’s a very specific case where I need this but it comes up enough to be an annoyance. Which is when I have created an oscillation section which is not 100% consistent/equalized and I need to copy a pattern onto subsequent oscillations while maintaining the timings of the peaks and valleys.
I’ve run into this mainly doing framebyframe scripts for AI animations where it’s repetitive for 10s at a time but the animation timings are not consistent this creates my need for pasting repeat patterns from the center selected point in this way.