Osr2 build help :))))))))

Hello eroscripts, i cum to you in a time of great need.

is there a in depth guide to flashing an esp32 and getting the OSR2 up and running? i dunno if im a moron but i can’t figure it out for the life of me.

please

pretty please

:))))))

I’d highly recommend this fork of the code, which includes a step-by-step flashing guide: GitHub - jcfain/TCodeESP32: This is am ESP32 fork of Tempests TCode sketch (repository doesnt exists yet). It adds Network capabilities and bluetooth.

2 Likes

thats the one ive been using, but from what i can tell it just doesnt work.

ive check ports and power, everything is plugged in and should be working.

“it just doesnt work” is the worst thing you can say if you need help.

You built something, that you could have messed up.
(ie: loose connections, improper power adapter)
You put on it some code, that you could have messed up.
(ie: you have a janky USB cable that messed up the flashing, or it might not even finished)

From this, we do not even know if it is a software or hardware issue.
Hell, maybe it is not the toy, but you are missing/have an improper driver for the esp32.

So please, at least try to write something tangible so we can help.
(what did you do, what happened, does it home, anything)

While that was a pre-built issue, I think I gave some solid ideas on what to check if “it just doesnt work” (links below).

But, basically, if the firmware on the esp is good, once you connect it to the PC, all the control software should recognize it as a toy, you do not have to power the servos.
So for example ayva should be able to connect to the esp32 once you click on the Disconnected button at the top.

If that’s not working, you should try to monitor the esp32 as I wrote in my second post.

2 Likes