Osr2 esp32 chip not being read

hello im having a problem. Im trying to configure something on the twist servos for the OSr2 and when I run ardruino I get this error message attached here. Can someone guide me as to what im doing wrong or what this means. No one responded to me on the tempest server so I’m trying here.

Arduino: 1.8.16 (Windows 10), Board: “DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1, 80MHz, 115200, None”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\redacted\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=esp32:esp32:esp32doit-devkit-v1:FlashFreq=80,UploadSpeed=115200,DebugLevel=none -vid-pid=10C4_EA60 -ide-version=10816 -build-path C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_411987 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_578349 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.mkspiffs.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\mkspiffs\0.2.3 -prefs=runtime.tools.mkspiffs-0.2.3.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\mkspiffs\0.2.3 -prefs=runtime.tools.xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc\1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc-1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc\1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.esptool_py.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\esptool_py\3.0.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.esptool_py-3.0.0.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\esptool_py\3.0.0 -verbose C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\taxes\osr2+\v2\SR6-Alpha4_ESP32\SR6-Alpha4_ESP32.ino

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\redacted\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=esp32:esp32:esp32doit-devkit-v1:FlashFreq=80,UploadSpeed=115200,DebugLevel=none -vid-pid=10C4_EA60 -ide-version=10816 -build-path C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_411987 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_578349 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.mkspiffs.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\mkspiffs\0.2.3 -prefs=runtime.tools.mkspiffs-0.2.3.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\mkspiffs\0.2.3 -prefs=runtime.tools.xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc\1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc-1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc\1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.esptool_py.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\esptool_py\3.0.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.esptool_py-3.0.0.path=C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\esptool_py\3.0.0 -verbose C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\taxes\osr2+\v2\SR6-Alpha4_ESP32\SR6-Alpha4_ESP32.ino

Using board ‘esp32doit-devkit-v1’ from platform in folder: C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\1.0.6

Using core ‘esp32’ from platform in folder: C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\1.0.6

cmd /c if exist “C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\taxes\osr2+\v2\SR6-Alpha4_ESP32\partitions.csv” copy /y “C:\Users\redacted\Desktop\taxes\osr2+\v2\SR6-Alpha4_ESP32\partitions.csv” “C:\Users\redacted\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_411987\partitions.csv”

exec: “cmd”: executable file not found in %PATH%

Error compiling for board DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1.

Only thing that jumps out at me is the error at the end, where the command processor wasn’t found in the path. That shouldn’t be possible on a normally working Windows system. The CMD.EXE program should be in \Windows\System32, and that directory should be in the system path.

You should look at your system path setting, and make sure your command prompt executable is where it should be.

1 Like

Have you added the ESP32 to the Arduino library of boards?

yep followed that exact tutorial

I am leaning more towards the suggested solution from @Thanny

Making sure windows is up to date and you are running Arduino as an admin couldn’t hurt to try.

ohh look at that pending updates. welp it cant hurt to try

1 Like

nothing, any other ideas?

was it working previously?

does it ever start moving data to the chip or never even connects? seems like the later to me, just want to clarify

so i literally was using it today. it connects to script player, MFP, OFS and i even tried and it connects to https://trymosa.netlify.app/. it all fucntions normally as when I first did the install months ago but now it will not work with ardunio only. I’m just trying to change the position of the twist servo

You assembled this SR6 and flashed the chip yourself? If yes then I would say the chip is the culprit.

do you have another ESP32 to try and see if it is somehow a defective chip somehow

i do have an extra one im going to check now

Arduino ide 1.8.16 is quite old. You could install a newer version of the IDE and see if that solves your issue. The issue seems to be compliation (before any binaries are sent to the ESP32). My first guess would not be a hardware issue.

1 Like

literally just noticed that installing the new version now

Nice, do update the esp32 libs as well if those are outdated (tools > boards manager > search “esp32” and click update if the option is provided).

its up to date but exact same error

exact same error after update on both chips @M0SAIC

Do you have another PC to try with? Perhaps your version of windows is damaged.

Could also be a permissions issue. Copy the .ino file to your regular “arduino” folder in my documents. Close the file in the editor, then close the ide entirely.
Reopen the editor, reopen the file in its new location. See if you can verify and compile then.

If that doesn’t work, just install the wifi enabled firmware (fully compatible with the vanilla firmware but you can center your servo through the webclient instead of editing the code). Khrull dropped a new version this morning:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/tcode-esp32-v0-73937220

well the error changed now it just cant detect either boards now
No connection established

Compilation error: No connection established

That’s a good sign, seems it was permission related afteral. Arduino is finniky like that. Is any other application running which interfaces over com? Be sure to close any players or OSR-related applications if you haven’t, and try connecting to your ESP32 again from Arduino IDE.

Also, you may need to hold down the boot button when the IDE tries to connect to the board during the flashing process. Else it will also give a connection related error.