OSR2+ g90ak Edition - Extremely Limited Availability - $160 + Shipping - Dropping Monthly Starting in 2024

Hello,
If your interested in his drop, absolutlu go for it. Very high quality print job and super easy set up. The silent servos are a game changing upgrade coming from someone with the brush servos. This is truly able to keep up with fast strokes. He gives good communication and is super helpful with questions.

3 Likes

Hi All,

Sorry to disappoint, but there will be no 8/1 drop as I’m heading out on vacation and want to be sure I’m around when drop recipients receive their units in order to provide any needed setup support.

Next drop will be on 8/15 and will contain at least 5 units.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi, if there are some units still available I would like to purchase one

Drop coming at midnight ET on 8/15!

Sorry, I didn’t see your message about the next drop until after I posted my comment. I will visit this thread again on that date

1 Like

There will be a separate thread for the specific drop. Here’s the last one so you can see how it’s setup.

1 Like

Ok, Thank you

Hi all, got some bad news. Caught COVID while on my vacation and it’s knocked me on my fucking ass the past few days. All the units for the drop are built and tested, but I simply don’t have the energy to take pics and pack any boxes at the moment.

Will be pushing back the drop until Aug 18th.

My apologies, I know a lot of you were looking forward to this drop, but I feel like utter dog shit.

10 Likes

Take care of yourself, you only have one life. Only work multiplies itself.

3 Likes

just a reminder, DROP TONIGHT at midnight eastern, 9pm pacific.

1 Like

Hi All!

Been thinking about possibly changing the drop time to make it easier on folks in the Eastern and international time zones starting September’s drop. Drop dates will remain the 1st and 15th of each month.

Please vote if you have a preference.

As I mentioned before, I really like being able to immediately respond to drop respondents, so I’m still picking times that work well with my schedule for me to be online for a couple hours after each drop to answer questions and lock in slots.

• 12 AM (Midnight) Eastern Time - CURRENT DROP TIME
  • 12 PM (Noon) Eastern Time
  • 6PM Eastern Time
0 voters
1 Like

Hello, is it possible to pay with crypto (usdt)?

Sorry, no crypto, but open to other methods of payment such as Amazon gift cards, etc.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone that voted. I’ll be switching to the 12PM (Noon) Eastern drop time for September. Will evaluate if we’ll make that the official time going forward.

3 Likes

Just a reminder - DROP TOMORROW 9/1 AT 12:00PM NOON EASTERN TIME, 9:00AM PACIFIC.

1af02ea080a8825197216972fb4c8b4f

3 Likes

White case fit perfectly

2 Likes

Same for me.

1 Like

I know you’ve said eventually you’ll release STLs - just wanted to express my interest as well. I quite like your design with regards to the thread inserts and swivel bearings

I’d definitely be interested in a “hardware only” kit (everything except the printed parts) + STLs for a price - Similar to Mosaic’s Electronics + Hardware
I do respect withholding the designs, I don’t expect them to be free etc.

Would likely be more cost effective for international shipping + allow end user color choices.

Again, just food for thought. Cheers

Hello, very interested! First time I saw thing and looks great! I did have a few questions though

• How big is this comparatively to a ‘usual’ SR6? I
  • Did you have pictures of the desk mount when its mounted and not mounted?

I saw you mentioned you prefer the OSR2+ compared to SR6 if the servo’s are bad. Has there been SR6’s sold with good servos lol, it makes sense because I would for sure prefer smooth/quiet servos.

Excited for you next drops, I’ll try to get my hands on one!

Noted! I’ve been thinking about this quite a lot. I was intentionally waiting on releasing them for a few reasons.

1. Was going to wait until my interest in building started waning and I wanted to reduce my output of produced units.
  2. There’s been several other services popping up providing plastics or built units from overseas for very low cost. My improvements, while not complicated, are a differentiating element between offerings on the market. If other services/vendor pick up my models, then I no longer have a competitive advantage in terms of design.
  3. I selfishly want to see my designs being built/used in the proper way. The plastics are just 1 part of my builds, the labor, hardware, tooling, and techniques are also all essential for the most reliable and durable builds. By controlling the designs (for now), I’m able to control the quality of how they’re being used.

I’ve also considered this. I’ve costed out international shipping fees for sub-1 pound packages, and they’re surprisingly close in cost to a fully built unit. Not to mention that carefully bagging and labeling each type of fastener, insert, etc. could be almost as much labor as simply building the unit :wink: , makes this option not a good one at the moment.

I don’t mean to be a debbie downer, but I’m (unfortunately) still having a lot of fun building these for forum members and want to keep the ball rolling for now. This all being said, my designs aren’t super special and have been modified with free programs such as Fusion 360 or TinkerCAD. With a little effort and learning, you should be able to do the same (or better) if you have a printer and ambition. Don’t hesitate if you need any advice/measurements - I’ve pretty much documented all the mods that I’ve done in my OP.

Thanks!

2 Likes