OSR2+ g90ak Edition - Extremely Limited Availability - $160 + Shipping - Dropping Monthly Starting in 2024

Sorry, no crypto, but open to other methods of payment such as Amazon gift cards, etc.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone that voted. I’ll be switching to the 12PM (Noon) Eastern drop time for September. Will evaluate if we’ll make that the official time going forward.

3 Likes

Just a reminder - DROP TOMORROW 9/1 AT 12:00PM NOON EASTERN TIME, 9:00AM PACIFIC.

1af02ea080a8825197216972fb4c8b4f

3 Likes

White case fit perfectly

2 Likes

Same for me.

1 Like

I know you’ve said eventually you’ll release STLs - just wanted to express my interest as well. I quite like your design with regards to the thread inserts and swivel bearings

I’d definitely be interested in a “hardware only” kit (everything except the printed parts) + STLs for a price - Similar to Mosaic’s Electronics + Hardware
I do respect withholding the designs, I don’t expect them to be free etc.

Would likely be more cost effective for international shipping + allow end user color choices.

Again, just food for thought. Cheers

Hello, very interested! First time I saw thing and looks great! I did have a few questions though

• How big is this comparatively to a ‘usual’ SR6? I
  • Did you have pictures of the desk mount when its mounted and not mounted?

I saw you mentioned you prefer the OSR2+ compared to SR6 if the servo’s are bad. Has there been SR6’s sold with good servos lol, it makes sense because I would for sure prefer smooth/quiet servos.

Excited for you next drops, I’ll try to get my hands on one!

Noted! I’ve been thinking about this quite a lot. I was intentionally waiting on releasing them for a few reasons.

1. Was going to wait until my interest in building started waning and I wanted to reduce my output of produced units.
  2. There’s been several other services popping up providing plastics or built units from overseas for very low cost. My improvements, while not complicated, are a differentiating element between offerings on the market. If other services/vendor pick up my models, then I no longer have a competitive advantage in terms of design.
  3. I selfishly want to see my designs being built/used in the proper way. The plastics are just 1 part of my builds, the labor, hardware, tooling, and techniques are also all essential for the most reliable and durable builds. By controlling the designs (for now), I’m able to control the quality of how they’re being used.

I’ve also considered this. I’ve costed out international shipping fees for sub-1 pound packages, and they’re surprisingly close in cost to a fully built unit. Not to mention that carefully bagging and labeling each type of fastener, insert, etc. could be almost as much labor as simply building the unit :wink: , makes this option not a good one at the moment.

I don’t mean to be a debbie downer, but I’m (unfortunately) still having a lot of fun building these for forum members and want to keep the ball rolling for now. This all being said, my designs aren’t super special and have been modified with free programs such as Fusion 360 or TinkerCAD. With a little effort and learning, you should be able to do the same (or better) if you have a printer and ambition. Don’t hesitate if you need any advice/measurements - I’ve pretty much documented all the mods that I’ve done in my OP.

Thanks!

It’s definitely smaller. If you need a frame of reference to compare pics, both the OSR and SR6 have VESA 100 mounting points. e.g. the 4 mounting holes in each corner are 100mm apart/square.

Desk Mount On

Desk Mount Off

Not sure if there are other vendors selling SR6’s with upgraded servos. It would be costly though, as the servos are the major part of the BOM, and there are 2x the servos needed for the SR6.

As someone who just recently made a “OSR2+ g90ak Edition” purchase AND built my own SR6 prior, the OSR2+ is way smaller and quiter than the SR6 (I used the same servos). OSR2+ could be put in a drawer thats just over 3" deep and you essentially need a box/shelf for the SR6.
As far as the servos go you can still get bad parts for reputable brands, theres a bit of “play/movement” on one of my SR6’s servos, and i also had to replace the fish eye bearings for the same reason. You wont have to worry about any of that with one of these units (in my experience).

1 Like

I’m having a lot of issues with my pre build OSR2+ which all seem to be covered/fixed in your build. I had the screws of both arms pop out when using it. Some of the servo horns came loose too and the washers need to be replaced already. It’s gotten so bad I’m kind of too anxious to use it properly lol… I really hope I can get one next drop.

Reminder - DROP TOMORROW (9/15) AT 12:00PM NOON EASTERN TIME, 9:00AM PACIFIC

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll stick to the OSR2+ for now. I need to pay more attention because I completely missed the drop this month :expressionless: