OSR2++ work in progress

There is a fan integrated into the cover, it blows a lot of
air directly around the main servos, there is no overheating.
Screenshot from 2021-11-18 10-26-06

4 Likes

The OSR2++ has 3 servos; it is capable of providing 3 type of movements: stroke (up-down movement); roll (left-right rotation); and pitch (back-front rotation). It can be “down-graded” to the OSR2 level, removing the pitch servo, but since the pitch servo is not particularly stressed, a cheap 10-15kg will do, so no real reason not to have it.

The OSR2++ can be updated with all the extra goodies from Tempest’s discord, such as twist, lube-pump, suction valve, heating.

indeed like a new device, not yet shared outside the discord :blush:

1 Like

You are a legend with your designs and scripts.

Did you design one of these unibody remixes on Tempest’s discord?

1 Like

I’ve made a very small version, the MicrORS2 for Quickshot and the rest of the designs are for the SR6.
I’m not into multiaxis that much outside improvement on the stroke.

the unibody remixes here are interesting, they have their place in Tempest’s discord imo.

1 Like

It seems someone beat me releasing another OSR2+ integrated version: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5158029.

you could make a version using a ESP32 instead of a Romeo. That’s the current microcontroller for the OSR2/SR6.

1 Like

I’ve published my design here: osr2++ by ioculena - Thingiverse
I think it is better since it includes a method for support.
As for electronics - it can be fitted with the Romeo, or an ESP32 module, or a simple arduino nano.

1 Like

A man of his word! Thank You.

1 Like

Hello good Sir!

If I could make a request, no rush…

• A lid without the fan provision (hole in the middle). I use my OSR at low to medium speeds that I rarely ever need a cooling solution.

• A VESA mountable support.

Thank You again for the great work!

I would suggest for you to print luz83o’s version here: OSR2+ Integration by luz83o - Thingiverse
It has the vesa mount and the fan is smaller - just not mount the fan.

Good point.

I think an even better idea is for me to just bite the bullet and learn a CAD software. This way I can do my own remixes and be more self sufficient. Plenty of guides and tutorials around.

Hi guys, everyone! Great job, tell me the parameters when printing osr2 parts, no one really tells you anywhere? (((

Use whatever works for you, maybe 3-4 perimeters, 4-5 top/bottom layers, and some 10-25% infill. The thing is not so critical.

Thanks and typed already assembled osr2+ looking for adapters for example for max 2

Looks neat! Wondering if I’m able to use the Tempest stock ball bearing arms with it? Or does it require special length arms?

I’m not sure, I’ve used the original recommended 6mm (or 1/4”) rubber wiring grommet, which works fine

OP (or anyone), are you still using this mount? I’m curious how well it works and what length you use for the aluminum pipe. Looks to be about 1 foot/300mm? Do you think PVC/Plastic pipe would work?

I’m also wondering what the bolt sizings are for the support (neck and base)?

Edit: Seems like M4 will work for the base, I’ll have to measure the neck.

Finally, I’ve already built a standard OSR2+ w/ Pitcher but am interested in adopting the mount. Any thoughts on the best way to adapt the rear mount to a standard OSR2+ w/ Pitcher?

Based on the shape of a standard OSR2+ w/ pitcher, I would think that this design could be extended a bit to match the OSR2+ holes (plus spacers). I am pretty weak with CAD software though.

the pipe i used is 1 inch dia, 1 ft length, aluminium. Plastic might work if rigid enough.
M4 for mounting the support, 3/8 dia. 3 1/4 length carriage bolt for the neck