OSR2++ work in progress

Thanks! The carriage bolt size was driving me crazy. I went to a hardware store and nothing seemed to fit it, metric or standard. I ended up having to glue a M8 nut into the hole to get it to stay. I really need to better my CAD skills so that I can make these modifications myself.

I think the mount alone is useful to both those wanting to make the OSR2++ and those that have already built an OSR2+. I was able to get this mount working with a regular OSR2+ and an adapter created by @Telani. It simply adds a set of extended holes to the piece that connects to the back of the OSR2+ and works with the pitcher.

The STL can be downloaded below, just download and then remove the .txt extension so that only the “.stl” extension remains.

STL Download
osr2_case_support_1_100mm_mod_by_Telani .stl.txt (294.6 KB)

I have a few issues that I’m still trying to address that I think apply to both the OSR2+ and the OSR2++.

Remaining Problems, and Partial Fixes

Problem:

• I ordered a 25mm pipe instead of 1 inch, which proved to be a tiny bit small.

Fix:

• This was fixable by printing the base (that mounts to a board) at 98%
  • I also used JB Weld Plastic Bonder to create a fit that doesn’t move. The board mount is hollow and probably would have too much give even with a 1" pipe, so I think filling in the area around where the pipe is inserted all the way down the the board might be better than leaving open space (more wobble).
  • A link to the product used: https://www.jbweld.com/product/j-b-plastic-bonder-syringe

Problem:

• I broke about five of the “squeeze” mechanisms that wrap around the back of the pipe.

Partial Fix:

• I’m dumb, but I was printing the piece wrong. Print the piece correctly. Make sure you stand the part up in your slicer like below or you’re gonna have a bad time. I spent 30 minutes each print removing supports, both organic and normal, then breaking the piece, before realizing that the piece can just be printed upright like so:
  • However, I believe that the thin back of this object may need to be made a little thicker. It’s very brittle. Again I’ve broken like five of these guys.

Big Problem:

• The pipe is perfectly squeezable by the above support clamp when the piece that connects to the back of the OSR2+ or OSR2++ isn’t inserted. However, inserting the piece prevents sufficient squeeze to keep the OSR2 from sliding down the pole.
  • This certainly isn’t helped by the fact that I had to use 25mm pipe instead of 1inch pipe, but I suspect it might be a problem either way.

Solution Suggestions:

• I don’t yet have a permanent solution, but I have temporarily fixed this with duct tape, which works well enough. It’s not easy to see, but the photo below has duct tape added to the top of the pole, which allows for a a “good enough” squeeze.

• Adding two small m3 or m4 screws w/ nuts near the top and bottom of the squeeze piece but next to the pipe might allow for a better squeeze as well as a little more variation in pipe size. Here is a mockup, courtesy of @Telani

• It is also possible that reducing the width of the connector piece that attaches to the OSR2 and joins the squeeze mechanism at the pipe would allow for a bit more squeeze and tightness around the pole as well. Again, I get a tight squeeze around the pipe when this piece is not inserted.

Conclusion

So far, this is one of the best movable mounting solutions that I’ve found. @ioculena, I think you’re onto something here, with the mount as well as the more compact OSR2++ unit. As you can see in one of my pics, I’ve mounted my existing OSR2+ w/ Pitcher to a cutting board. This stays in place even when scripting as it stays in place and really helps when creating multi-axis scripts in OpenFunscripter (works better than the visualizer). I do believe that there are probably a few design tweaks that could maybe limit wobble a bit which is huge when it comes to fine detail (better squeeze on the pipe, maybe fill in the support that mounts to the board), but duct tape and JB Weld Plastic Bonder worked as a fix. I’d love to hear if feedback if anyone else builds this mount, either for OSR2+ (w/ the adapter above in the post) or OSR2++.

I also suffered with various kinds of fasteners, I printed it out just like you. Then I found a modified mount, because the fasteners did not fit.
I was extremely glad that I had strengthened the device after all. After several trials, I am very disappointed.
I glued the fastening to the plywood base with glue so that the pipe would not pop out. The fasteners, like yours, did not hold on to the pipe much.
The lamb did not print well due to the supports and did not clamp the position of the device to the pipe.
BUT these are all small things. At the moment, I did not like more than one of the existing fasteners, because it does not give me the opportunities that I desire…
Since the author of OSR2 did not do manual button control, although this was the first thing that needed to be implemented, I believe that it is possible to compensate with fasteners.
Exactly. Make it possible to lower the device onto the hose manually by impaling it and, if necessary, lift the device by removing it from the hose.
Here there are a few more positive points, the device does not strain and cannot put much pressure on the pubis. Because the fasteners will simply move away and compensate for the pressure.
Thus, there will not be much pressure and it will not be difficult for the servos.
Well, the best part is the ability to help the device move by pushing it down or lifting it when you want it to caress the tip.
I haven’t figured out how to implement such functionality yet, I’m not good at 3d modeling. But you can try to do this without modeling.
We make a limiter on your pipe fastener so that the device does not slide down the pipe. There are plenty of ready-made clips for 25mm 3d models on the Internet, you can download and print them.
We release the lamb after the clamp. I also used a couple of large construction corners on top of the device so that they could be taken up and lifted or pressed.
The sensations became more pleasant, there was control over actions, the ability to quickly pull out the hose or, conversely, put it on.
But I still don’t like this fastener because of its bulkiness, it’s hard to put it away and hide it somewhere. Well, he did not finish the final version.
And I am very disappointed in the OSR2 device itself, because it does not give what I expect from it… It’s like masturbating very slowly to stretch out the pleasure for hours.
I want to do everything quickly and go do other things. Many videos and scripts suck rotten, and searching for them takes a lot of time.
These devices are for onanist engineers with a lot of free time…

Has anyone modified or found a mount that is a double joint I cant seem to get just the correct angle and position out of the single mount

Oh, hey, it’s about the only guy to ever get banned from the Tempest Discord! Shocking that you would have a problem.

Having read thought a lot of your posts, I’ve been completely and utterly confused as to what your end goal is. You pop into threads just to comment time and time again how much you hate the OSR2. We get it. If you feel so strongly, make your own thread with your experience instead of throwing your off topic 2 cents into any thread about the OSR2.

Another barrier is your seemingly strange prose. I’m not sure if its going through some sort of translator, or is generated by AI entirely, but it is very weird and hard to read. I’m not sure if you’re attempting to write a poem or if its simple stream of consciousness, but it lacks any sort of real structure or cohesiveness. I suspect a lot of the push back you get both here and on the Tempest Discord is from you being unable to accurately or concisely form a clear argument or position. You continually state bombastic assumptions and use your own poor experience as inflammatory hate comments towards the OSR devices. There are plenty of people that like the OSR devices. It isn’t some sort of conspiracy against you.

I hope you don’t get banned here like the Tempest Discord, but I also hope you don’t continue this sort of non-constructive behavior in threads where no one is asking your opinion.

3 Likes

He uses a translator, yes. Basic summary is that the guy completely took over the tempest discord for like 5 days, posting nonstop in every channel. It was annoying but people took it in stride. Then, out of nowhere, he had a meltdown because the Tempest strokers didn’t have some built in functionality like auto-blow and buttons and stuff, and that he could do it all better, then he started calling out Yoooi for MultiFunPlayer not being documented enough, then threw a fit and finally threatened to post all of the Tempest paywalled designs for free somewhere.

Homie is unhappy that the Tempest project isn’t moving faster, but homie is also mentally unstable.

2 Likes

How… The only person who talks about the design problems of the device, writes a lot and to the point, is not constructive… Yes, I use a translator from Russian to yours, so what? Am I mentally unstable now? Or maybe it’s the other way around… Why are you all scaring me with a ban? This is just a nickname that I have in reserve. g90ak did not expect this from you… because you have separated yourself and create high-quality projects, unlike the author. The colors and quality are pleasing. make_fun The fact that you are bringing a conflict from discord to this site does not suit you and you have no right to judge anyone. I’m interested in the project, but your society is unfriendly. It is a fact. I do not receive any constructive suggestions for my messages. That is, I think that you are initially negative about discussing device problems and you have nothing to answer to this…
I didn’t post anything that I downloaded. But you are all pushing me towards this.
OSR2 in the form that it is now freely available… It’s a shame to post this… As g90ak wrote, there are a number of problems. And now those who downloaded and printed the device see them. They spent their time and money, but in the end they didn’t get what they wanted.
This is deception and involvement in the Discord thread, where they will give a newer version… Although it also has problems… Where can I get a problem-free one? Nowhere!!! Develop the case and adjust the firmware yourself.
It’s all very sad and really hurts the eyes… The more mistakes the author makes, the more people subscribe to Patrion, but even there people don’t get anything intelligible…
In the end, either remain silent and leave, or I write everything I think.
The author gets rid of all the dissatisfied and smart people. Some continue to develop an alternative product, while many simply become disillusioned and disappear without a trace.
It’s all sad…

I agree that there are many problems in the Tempest world of robots that need to be resolved or improved. Many of us are working on improvements and it is still definitely a hobbyist endeavor. All devices can still be improved. However, most of us can work towards a resolution civilly.

And then there’s you:

2 Likes

I’m glad you agree with me. But chatting on Discord is different; there’s no need to put it out there for everyone to see. And I still can’t read what’s in the picture, because the translator is powerless.
But to ban someone and then write something in response, into the void, is unacceptable. The dialogue did not work out, alas…

So what? The author threatened me with a ban, I threatened to tell him everything. He banned me, but I didn’t post anything. So which of us is more adequate?
Author? No! He has other concerns, a woman and a child, he doesn’t care about others, as long as they pay money for Patrion.
But this can be stopped at any time by posting everything that he hides on a paid basis. I’m not going to do this, but we need to respect our users and listen to their opinions, and not ban them.
And participate in dialogues, and not remain silent. I lost contact with users, and I also lost financial assistance.

One dissatisfied person can undo all his efforts, everything that he has created over the years and for which he receives financial assistance.
I’m not belittling his work, but we need to be more flexible and adapt/listen to users.
Otherwise, he will have no profit and there will be no point in developing projects.
Although in fact, in recent years, he has not been developing anything… He talks about illnesses, lack of time and promises everything…
They say you pay me, and someday I will share something with you, but this is not certain.
You have no idea… I translated and read EVERYTHING! And patrion and discord. I downloaded and disassembled everything that was there.
Of course, I really regret the time spent and am disappointed with the project and the author as a whole. But the past cannot be returned.

Bro, I don’t know if you have your translator set to Tolstoy or Chaucer, but so much of your posts don’t make sense. I’m also equally worried about what you’re able to understand in reverse.

1. I think everyone here is clear you don’t like OSR devices or Tempest.
  2. We’re sorry that you feel ripped off for paying for his Patreon

Will you stop posting this over and over? Or at least start your own thread?

4 Likes

I like everything, the idea for a homemade product is wonderful. But the implementation is not very good in some places…