Problems with MutiFunPlayer in Windows 10/11

I’m trying to get MultiFunPlayer to work on my Windows laptop. I downloaded the zip file and extracted it. Then double clicked on MultiFunPlayer.exe. I get this message

So then I downloaded the Runtime 6.0.1 and installed it. Then re-started. Then clicked on MultifFunPlayer.exe again. Got the same error.

“To run this application, you must install .Net Desktiop Runtime 6.0.1 (x64). Would you like to download it now?”

What do I need to do to get past this stupid message and get MultiFunPlayer working?

OK. Figured that one out. I was installing the x86 version of runtime. when I installed the x64 version it got past that 1st error message. Now I am stuck at this one. And the link to download just puts me right back at the Net Runtime download, it says nothing about missing frameworks for .Net.

I still need help.

There have been a few security updates since 6.0.1 was released. So worth trying the current 6.0.4. Direct link from Microsoft: .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.4) - Windows x64 Installer. Worth a shot TBH.

Install all, I did it and it works.

Thanks for the link. That got it working.

Thanks all. It’s now working. Now I just need to figure out how to operate MultiFunPlayer

I’ve installed all and not sure why it’s not running, still says it’s missing it, hmmmmm

No idea why microsoft keeps breaking the update popups, they used to work fine.

Latest MFP version uses 6.0.8: Download .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.8) - Windows x64 Installer
On github there are also self contained builds which should run without having to install anything.