Problems with MutiFunPlayer in Windows 10/11

I’m trying to get MultiFunPlayer to work on my Windows laptop. I downloaded the zip file and extracted it. Then double clicked on MultiFunPlayer.exe. I get this message

So then I downloaded the Runtime 6.0.1 and installed it. Then re-started. Then clicked on MultifFunPlayer.exe again. Got the same error.

“To run this application, you must install .Net Desktiop Runtime 6.0.1 (x64). Would you like to download it now?”

What do I need to do to get past this stupid message and get MultiFunPlayer working?

OK. Figured that one out. I was installing the x86 version of runtime. when I installed the x64 version it got past that 1st error message. Now I am stuck at this one. And the link to download just puts me right back at the Net Runtime download, it says nothing about missing frameworks for .Net.

I still need help.

There have been a few security updates since 6.0.1 was released. So worth trying the current 6.0.4. Direct link from Microsoft: .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime (v6.0.4) - Windows x64 Installer. Worth a shot TBH.

Install all, I did it and it works.

Thanks for the link. That got it working.

Thanks all. It’s now working. Now I just need to figure out how to operate MultiFunPlayer