Random Video Player v1.50 (Can sync with MFP and ScriptPlayer)

Totally understandable but awesome to hear, that it works now!

It makes me happy if it makes you happy :slight_smile:

New version v1.34 released!

Another smol update, fxing a bug reported by user @DarkkSkull

• Image/Video filter now applies to custom lists

It didnā€™t previously. This only affects playback, it does not alter the list itself.

Get the latest release here:

Thanks again for the feedback!

Note: You only need the latest RandomVideoPlayer.exe & RandomVideoPlayer.dll from the .zip. Just replace your current ones with the latest. All settings are stored locally in the ā€œRVP-Config.jsonā€ file.

1 Like

Confirmed working!!! :pray: :ok_hand:

1 Like

New update 1.40 released! Itā€™s a bigger version jump since Iā€™ve added a lot of good stuff!

Completely new settings UI that doesnā€™t look ass:

Settings are now categorized and more descriptions are added within the settings tab itself.

All new filter system, that letā€™s you choose definitve extensions instead of the simplified ā€œimage/video filesā€ from before. You can now choose where to apply the filter.

All new Hotkey manager system. It letā€™s you customize most of the used hotkeys to your personal likings. It allows for most keyboard keys and combinations with the default modifiers.

Within the about page, you can now check whether a newer version of RVP is available! (No update function, RVP only checks for an update when clicking the button)

Revamped the Listbrowser a bit by adding filters below. Depending on the chosen extensions, only files that match are shown in the browser. Also only those that match are added to the custom list.

Iā€™ve also created icons for each file type and added a corresponding function to show each file as their corresponding type. This helps with visual clarity when browsing through files. Still not 100% happy with the current layout but Iā€™m always happy for suggestions!

Thanks a lot for all the feedback so far! More often than not, you provided helpful additions I didnā€™t think before and pushed me to improve on RVP. Iā€™m always happy to hear from you, so again thanks!

As always, grab the latest version from my GitHub page: Release v1.40 - Random Video Player Ā· Peanutccino/Random-Video-Player Ā· GitHub

Note: You only need the latest RandomVideoPlayer.exe & RandomVideoPlayer.dll from the .zip. Just replace your current ones with the latest. All settings are stored locally in the ā€œRVP-Config.jsonā€ file.

1 Like

Looks absolutely amazing! A Huge improvement! :pray: :pray: :pray:
Thx ALOT for the Custom Input Settings!!! :heart_eyes: :ok_hand:

What means ā€œRecent count numberā€ in Remember settings?
Can u add a Folder List view too? So we could switch between Grid and List view? :pray:

1 Like

In the Folderbrowser, you can set up, that it only grabs the recent X files from the chosen folder. (Which I think is cool, if you want to scrobble newer stuff).

Both the option to only use recent files and how many of the recent files are the settings you can check to remember.

Could you elaborate? Do you mean, the same visual representation in the Folderbrowser like itā€™s now in the Listbrowser?

Thanks for the feedback <3

1 Like

list-grid-selections

Like this or in Windows ā€œDetail View and Big Symbolsā€ :wink:

1 Like

New update 1.41 release!

Optimization:

• UI overhaul for Folderbrowser
  • UI overhaul for Listbrowser
  • Custom interface for Load/Save list option in Listbrowser

New features:

• Change appearance of Listbrowser explorer
  • Ability to change item size in Folderbrowser and Listbrowser when set to ā€œTileā€ view (default)

Smaller update with some final (for now) UI changes. As the complexity, especially Listbrowser features increased, the old UI got more and more in the way of providing a clean user interaction. I wasnā€™t 100% happy with the old one to begin with, but Iā€™ve finally settled on a new approach.

As a user requested, Iā€™ve added the ability to change the view of the explorer list on the left. Additionally Iā€™ve added some customization for the list appearance. This and the addition of extension filters from previously made it necessary to overhaul the UI. Iā€™m pretty happy with the current state and I think itā€™s pretty clean and understandable. Though Iā€™m always happy to hear feedback!

To complete the change, Iā€™ve implemented my own load/save list dialogue for the sake of UI consistency and some neat features like seeing how many entries are in a list etc.

The folderbrowser was fine imo but Iā€™ve changed it too, to match the new listbrowser style.

Finally a small video Iā€™ve recorded to quickly go over some listbrowser usage:

Full ListBrowser Showcase Trimmed

For now that should be last update for some time, as I have no pending requests or ideas. Time for some code optimization I guess :slight_smile:

Just wanted to come back after some time and let you know that this software is really good, I nearly solely use RVP for 2D content now (and I will put a improvement request issue on github, which would make it my only player).
Thanks for the hard work!

1 Like

Agreed. RVP is exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like

@scrounger @StayBlocky Thank you so much <3

Finally was able to finalize a new update v1.42!

New features:

• Added option to move/copy files to a custom selected folder (Make sure to set itā€™s path in the settings menu!)
  • Added ability to handle videofiles dragged and dropped onto the player

Note: Change the behavior in the settings menu. There are two options:

1. Play on drop: Will instantly play a dropped video and halt the queue. By pressing Next it will resume queue. Additionally, a button appears on the bottom right, that allows the user to add the dropped video to the current queue.
  2. Add to Queue: Will simply add a video or multiple videos at the end of the current play queue
  • Added ability to directly open videofiles with RVP via context menu or drag&drop on the application .exe

Note: RVP will start playing the file you opened it with and queue any additional videos it finds in itā€™s directory automatically

• Added option to make the function buttons customizable. For this, the settings menu has a new tab called ā€œInterfaceā€ where you can toggle the visibility of said buttons depending on your needs.

Note: Hotkeys are not affected by this!

• Added button to add current player file to the temporary list (logical evolution of the list delete function)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a reported crash that can occur if the directory structure changes after loading
  • Fixed a potential crash when there is a config mismatch

Note: Itā€™s adviced to restore default hotkeys, as the new changes wonā€™t apply until then. This is done either by deleting the file ā€œhotkey.jsonā€ next to RandomVideoPlayer.exe or by jumping into Settings => Inputs => Restore Defaults.

If you update RVP from the latest version, you only need to replace your old RandomVideoPlayer.exe & .dll with the new one. Choose the download without libmpv to save some bandwidth.

2 Likes

Being able to drag and drop is a great update! I was switching between players to have random and non random options before.
One thing I was wondering, is it possible to somehow stop the video with a mouse button? I wasnā€™t able to bind stop/ go to mouse buttons and having to press the little play button can be hard when edging lmao. Iā€™d love to just pause the video with a simple left click.

Thank you again for the great tool!!

1 Like

A List View with file details would be amazing.
I have Folders with Long file names and often I canā€™t read the folders names and missclick or select the wrong folders.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Nah, currently itā€™s not possible to pause a video with the mouse. Technically I could mimic a behavior like MPC, where you can simply click on the player. But I donā€™t like it that much, though I could include an option for this!

For now, you can only bind another key for Play/Pause (default is ā€˜spaceā€™)

@DarkkSkull

You mean in the folder browser, right? I should add a similar view switcher like in the list browser. Can you tell me if itā€™s fine for you there? With the view set to list + dragging the window to a bigger size, there shouldnā€™t be a limit for folder/file names.

I will put that on my list too! Thanks for the feedback <3

1 Like

I would love that option. Right now Iā€™m always clicking right click to skip the video in order to the a short pause haha

1 Like

@StayBlocky I use the Arrow keys to Fast or Backward play the videos and Jump Back and forth videos.
And I use the Spacebar to pause videos

1 Like

New release v1.43!

New features:

• Added additional Drag&Drop function to start playing from the dropped files directory immediately
  • Added viewstates for the folder browser
  • Added option to enable Play/Pause when clicking on the player directly

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed wrong config when players default path has no files that prevented other functions from working
  • Modified MPV.Net.dll to give usable error codes when throwing exceptions
  • More exception proofing

Note: If you update RVP from the latest version, you only need to replace your old RandomVideoPlayer.exe & .dll with the new one. Choose the download without libmpv to save some bandwidth.

With this release, it is adviced to also replace your old ā€œMpv.NET.dllā€ with the new one, as I enhanced the error logging which could be useful for potential errors.

Additional Infos:

Drag and Drop

Mainly added some user requested features and enhanced Drag&Drop functionality as I find it actually pretty useful.

Whenever you Drag and Drop a file onto RVP, it will load that file up and depending on your setting show two new UI elements:

As itā€™s feature set increased, I figured itā€™s better to give it their own settings tab:

FolderBrowser

For better adaptability, Iā€™ve integrated the viewstates that were already implemented in the list browser to the folder browser. Long names etc. shouldnā€™t be a problem anymore:

You can increase the size further with zoom buttons now too:

Click to pause

As a request Iā€™ve implemented an option to enable Play/Pause on player click. Implementation was tricky as I had to solve some conflicts with AeroPeek managing but it works fine for me now. Let me know if you encounter problems!

The new option can be found in the ā€œPlayerā€ setttings and is disabled by default:

Errors

Iā€™ve edited the Mpv.NET.dll to give more usable information when throwing exceptions. It will also add to the debug log Iā€™ve implemented that will be created next to RandomVideoPlayer.exe as ā€œdebug.logā€.

In case the application crashes it should write it down there. It contains only the error codes. If this is happening, feel free to send it/show it to me :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the feedback!

2 Likes

@Peanutccino Youre a GODDAMN GENIUS!!! The new Design and format is amazing!!!
Thank you SO MUCH for adding 3 Different Folder views!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Things that i noticed

1. When u click on a video when RVP is in window size the video gets paused.
    But when u click on a video that is playing in Fullscreen it DOESNT get paused.

2. Can u please bring this button back? :pray: :pray: :pray:

Switching between Folder and List was very Handy for GOONING

1 Like

1 => sigh An oversight by me. I remember noticing it, but I tried so many methods to make this work that I somehow managed to forget it :sweat_smile:

Will fix that, thanks!

2 => Hmm, I thought it was unnecessary but sure enough I could add it again, though I didnā€™t really like that look so I will change it propably.

Thanks for the feedback! <3

1 Like

Thx for all the hard work!

1 Like