Random Video Player v1.52 (Can sync with MFP and ScriptPlayer)

I didn’t know of this option in ScriptPlayer but if ScriptPlayer skips the gap at the beginning and then the video is played for the duration RVP has randomly chosen - that would be the solution I was looking for and no need for the option in RVP. I’ll check it out. Thx.

1 Like

I’m noticing the script subdirectory search only goes one level down. Is it possible to make it a complete depth search or to give the user the option to specify the depth of search? (Understanding the performance implications of course)

Otherwise it’s looking great right now and also liking the script graph preview ^^ It’s actually great for my hismith-converted scripts where i can easily tell where the sequences with higher machine power percentage are.

Oh and one more feature request maybe, is it possible to give users the option to change the player window accent color? Either to the system accent color or a custom user color?

1. Connect to Intiface Central - CONNECT VIA BLUETOOTH
  2. Start RandomVideoPlayer
  3. Start MultiFunPlayer, CONNECT TO MPC-HC & BUTTPLUG.IO (Set Handy to PolledUpdate)

It works flawless and Handy connects to every Script instantaneously

1 Like

Unfortunately the “auto-skip gaps” option in ScriptPlayer doesn’t work as I was hoping.
I tried it with different settings but it seems to only skip the gap at the beginning when “local” is chosen as video player in ScriptPlayer. If I choose “MPC-HC” - which is needed for sync to work in RVP - it doesn’t skip the gap.
So an option to auto-skip the gap or for a random starting point in RVP would be appreciated

1 Like

Thanks for your updates! Is it possible to allow changes to the fade duration? I would like to experiment with fast fade transitions (by the frames or 0.XX seconds if frames is not possible).

Found a couple bugs:

• Simply enabling the fade effect with mixed images and video, the video stays faded out.

• After having the enabling the kens burns effect and disabling it with the fade effect enabled, the fade out effect stays on and does not reset itself. I have to restart RVP or re-enable the kens burn effect to get anything to show up again.

1 Like

My RVP gets stuck on Not Responding forever everytime I try to pick my list, so I can’t really use it anymore. Not sure what to do.

1 Like

Can you tell me exactly when? Is it when you click on the “listbrowser” icon or when you load list or when you try to use a list?

Is there an “error.log” in RVPs folder? / What does it say?

If anything, what you can try is:

• Try running RVP as administrator
  • Delete “RVP-Config.json” in RVP folder
  • Download the latest full package again and delete all old files

But yeah, I’d like to know what would cause this. No error is sus. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Deleting RVP-Config.json worked.

Not sure why access was suddenly revoked.

1 Like

@Watcher000000 It says “Access to path is denied”
That means that u need to change the “Read and write permission” to Documents and Settings and fillfolderlist.

Try to create an Folder in RVP with your Custom Playlist in it. And set the Playlist path to that folder.

1 Like

So it worked before? That’s weird yes. But I’m glad we figured it out :slight_smile:

I will check, why it would freeze though instead of giving a useful error

Yeah, it would be after I clicked on start list.

1 Like