Recaxis 0.1 - A Multi-Axis Script Recorder with Hand Tracking for Handy/OSR/OSR2/Launch

Now this would be a big boost in productivity. Just think of how fun scripting could become!

Thanks for the share! This could be revolutionary for ease-of-use multi-axis scripting. Would love to see vr controller support added for the majority of us without a leap motion device. Seems like the index controllers could achieve the same function.

I agree or maybe integration with the osr2+ itself in which it will actually track the device itself to make the scripts. But then again I’m no coder so I have no idea how difficult that could be. Still a nice thought tho

In the same boat. Thinking there are many others as well once they upgrade.

Is this still working? I haven’t used my leap motion in a while and just installed the drivers and while the leap motion works in the control panel, it is not working in this app and the leap does not show an app accessing it while Recaxis is running. Is there something else that needs to be done to set this up?

edit: it looks like with the new Ultraleap anything built previously needs to be migrated to the new version:

@gheinz346 Thanks for the research you did. I was able to get it to work by installing the legacy version Leap Motion Orion 4.1.0 Now I’d like to swap the right hand and left hand controls if that’s possible.

Cool thanks for the link, I’ll give that a try

this sounds amazing, looking forward to getting a leap motion and trying it out.

can the player support vr view? the grapgh where the line is displayed blocks the view of the action. or maybe the ability to relocate things?

This is a neat tool, but my GPU usage goes to 100% as soon as I launch it. I’ve got an AMD 5700XT, so that seems a little odd. Is anyone else having issues?

@grospoussin I’ve been using recaxis quite a lot. It’s really made scripting much quicker and easier, Thank You! I find that the number of inputs is too little to get the timing on the stroke sometimes, so I’d like to add a feature to control how frequently points are charted. I’d also like to add the feature to record sway motion for the SR6. Is this code available on github?

I noticed the file Recaxis-WindowsNoEditor.pak, I might be able to unpack it using the unreal engine. Never worked with unreal before so twill be a learning experience. I see you haven’t been active on here for a year, so I don’t have high hopes this message will reach you.

Hello, I don’t know if you can help. Got a leap but recaxis app is refusing to launch. Saying something like Couldn’t start returned 2. Is there another by any chance to script with the leap without this program?

I’m glad that this tool has been useful to some people so far. I haven’t been active, but I still lurk around. I just haven’t had a ton of time to open-source the project.

Thanks all for the interest and positive feedback!

To allow a second life to this tool, see below the full source project. Anybody willing to pick it up has my permission to put it on github, modify and redistribute.

It’s a C++ Unreal 4.26 project (requires free Visual Studio 2019 community installed with Windows 10 SDK 10.0.18362, and options Desktop Development with C++, Game Development with C++).

For those who are experiencing 100% GPU usage, it’s most probably because the internal CPU logic is very lightweight and there’s no display vsync enabled by default, which makes the application render frames as fast as it can (it probably renders hundreds of frames per second). Since the CPU easily keeps up, the GPU is the “limiting” factor and ends up busy all the time.

Enjoy!

1 Like

@grospoussin Thanks so much! I will tinker with it when I have time. The mega link doesn’t work for me, it doesn’t look like a shared file or folder link.

Try this?

1 Like

Hi I got this error when trying to open Recaxis.uproject in Unreal 4.26.2:

Missing Recaxis Modules
The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
Recaxis
KantanChartsDatasource
KantanChartsSlate
KantanChartsUMG
KantanChartsEditor
LeapMotion
LeapMotionEditor
BodyState
Would you like to rebuild them now? Yes
Recaxis could not be compiled, Try rebuilding from source manually.

I installed Kantan Charts and UItraleap Hand Tracking Plugin from the Epic Games library, but got the same error after. Could use some help if you have time.

Did you install Visual Studio with the option I indicated? It’s a C++ Unreal project.
It also requires installing Unreal prerequisites, found at {UE 4.26 install folder}\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe.

You should get Unreal 4.26 from the Epic Game launcher.

The error message you’re getting is when it doesn’t detect that the proper version of engine is installed.

Yep, I installed all the options you mentioned and the prerequisites, but still have the same problem.

Can you try right-clicking on the project, then associate it with the correct engine version.
After that, you right-click again, generate project files.
Double-click on the refreshed Recaxis.sln. This will launch Visual Studio 2019 (you might have have to manually open with VS2019 if you have other VS versions installed).

Make sure that within VS you pick the Development-Editor config. Press F5 (should build and launch the editor). If the editor launches, after closing it you should now be able to launch it by simply double-clicking on the .uproject from that point on.

Thanks for the detailed instructions, I’ve never used Unreal before, so this is going to be a fun learning experience. I just upgraded to an SR6, so I’m going to try to add surge and sway scripts. Generate project files was failing with the error ERROR: Could not find NetFxSDK install dir but I just had to open the Visual Studio installer and modify VS2019 to include install .NET Framework SDK 4.6.2

1 Like