[Request] Simple real time music sync

I’ve been thinking recently that I would like to be able to click or tap a button to set a rhythm that my handy would then be able to match it’s movement to on a loop. This would make it really easy to synchronize a device with music. I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that would allow something like this? Or even if there is a program that allows the user to control a handy in real time by clicking or tapping once per stroke, that would be really useful.

3 Likes

With a different type of sensor this project could potentially be modified to control a device in real time to music.

1 Like

You can do this now with the Xtoys application and website. https://xtoys.app/
Check the tools section, there is one for audio. :+1:

2 Likes

Update now that I’ve tried xtoys, it’s not bad. It doesn’t sync the movement to the music like what I was looking for but it does an okay job of changing intensity to music. Thanks for the recommendation.

2 Likes

I will add more sensors to my projects. What did you have in mind for the audio based control? I can try to add it in the future.

What I originally had in mind when making this thread was software that would simply loop a rhythm that the user would input by clicking their mouse. I thought that this would be more reliable than trying to have the software guess a rhythm based on audio, but rather have the user do it themselves at the start of the song and letting the software keep the beat throughout.

Ok. I mostly make stuff with an external controller device. After I finish the inchworm thing I’m working on I will be adding more sensors and control modes to the same conteoller. I can add this stuff, maybe a user set bpm to control output (simple set a bpm number as a setting, or click button to set a bpm) and microphone based audio control.

If you have any other ideas you can DM me or post in my threads. :wave: