Site Performance Lately?

Performance has started to deteriorate again. Tonight around 9pm CET I got server 500 error on and off during half an hour or so. The site had problems marking new threads and posts as read (i.e. not clearing new and unread indicators) for several hours. I don’t know if this is caused by e.g. database performance causing a need for periodical index optimization or if it is the sheer load caused by the amount of visitors and peak hours. However, it’s now around 11pm and the site behaves ok again so maybe the peak is over.

2 Likes

hmmm I definitely felt it too. Looking at site resource usage, it’s possibly something to do with too much disk read, but not sure what the root cause is right now

1 Like

I can confirm to the bad site performance. Especially in the last 2 days late afternoon / evening (5pm - 9pm CET). In the morning it’s really fast but in the evening entering the site and then checking / clicking on “unread” and “new” took >10 secs each.

Can confirm, the site lately is almost unusable for me. 500, 503 and 403 errors everytime I try to do something other than looking at the front page.

going to try tweaking some stuff today, will see if it improves things

See my notes in the linked reply. If you have some feedback on performance, I guess put that feedback in the above topic.

I just want to give feedback about the site performance.
Right now the site is loading slow, up to 10 seconds and more. The Search function is on my side not usable. Loading forever and than I get this message: “Site is under extreme load, search is disabled, try again later”. I get this behaviour for the two month or so.
It’s not my connection. Websites other than Eroscripts loaded without problems so far.

5 Likes

It was fine after the latest update until I’d say recently. It’s been slow. Especially this past Sunday.

4 Likes

Can be a bit sluggish at peak hours lately.

2 Likes

I’m also having problems with the search function not functioning; please try again later. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Site has been rough for me the last week or so, but now is working much better today. Just reporting in case some changes were made, because they are working on my end!

upgraded the server. Let’s see how long this’ll last before we start getting too much traffic again :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Much appreciated! As many have said before, set up way to contribute if the costs become too high.

i will keep procrastinating it as long as my wallet allows it lolololol

Thank you so much. Let us know how we can help!

You shouldn’t have to bear the financial burden all by yourself! Let us help!

I will 100% do that if I need to do another server upgrade because then the costs start getting unreasonable. But I will stubbornly continue to pay until then lol :money_with_wings:

5 Likes

Thanks, I can really tell the difference right away. Running like a raped ape now!

2 Likes

Dude. It is night and day in terms of speed. SO MUCH EASIER and more enjoyable to browse. Thank you thank you thank you.

1 Like

It sound like we soon have to force a gofundme on the man. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: