Social media as script creators?

Hello everybody!

Something came in my mind some time ago and recently came up again. Would it make it sense to have a social media account as a script creator? Having an account on X for example, where we would announce stuff, share stuff, share thoughts, interact with the community and so on.

Every kind of content creator has a social media account, where they share their stuff and interact with the community. So why shouldn’t we have it as well?

Or wouldn’t it make much sense? We already have EroScripts for that kinda, expect we can’t really announce stuff or just share a thought. And scripting is just a whole different kind of content creation that doesn’t fit at all in the “mainstream” kind of content creation.

You know I like polls, so here are polls. One for script creators, one for users. Feel free to also post your opinion on that.

As a script creator: Would you make a social media account for sharing your work, announcements, interaction etc.?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
As a user: Would you follow a script creator on social media to see announcements, interact with them etc.?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Thank you for your participation and sharing your thoughts.

Slibowitz

2 Likes

isnt ES a big enough hive of perverts? :wink:

but (here my personal opionion) never EVER that other platform you mentioned… They are dead. for a good reason. The ones who try and prop them up would be the first ones to crush ES or the things we like to do here because it doesnt fit into their picture of the world. There are enough alternatives (like bluesky, mastodon, threads).And yeah I know its a bit preachy sorry for that… just “we” as a community should be looking for inclusion and that platform definitely doesnt.

5 Likes

Hardly anyone in this space has any interest in making their participation in the hobby public. It’s a very private activity, which a lot of people love moralizing about.

4 Likes

i definately see the points here about privacy, i can say as a user on Facebook for example i wouldnt follow on my main account. I’d have an alias using my scripting name and such.

2 Likes

Or we can make something like script anouncment topic soo creators would post there