SR6 45Kg servos Power supply recommendations

Hey everyone! Im going to pick up an SR6 from handycrafty and after a conversation with some very knowledgeable people on here im comcered about under volting/suppling the unit as i understand the higher torque of the servos require more volts to perform optimally so im curious what all of yall have set up for sr6/osr2 in terms of power supply for servos higher than 25kgs?

I use my lab power supply for it. But the voltage depends on the specific servo in use. Not necessarily on the torque it could output.
Probably best to look up the spec sheet of the model.
So far I have used lover voltage as I hope it prolongs the life span of the servos in use.

1 Like

Any given server should have a data sheet which specifies how it actually performs under a range of voltages.

The torque and speed both scale with higher voltages, and the 45kg torque figure only applies to the highest recommended voltage. My servos, for example, are rated for 45kg at 8.4V with a speed of 0.055 seconds per 60 degrees. Drop to 7.4V, and the torque is 31kg while the speed is 0.07 seconds per 60 degrees. I run them at 7.5V, with each fed by a separate DC adapter.

For the SR6, given the number of servos, you’re better off with a variable voltage DC power supply that you can set to the appropriate level and create a power bus for. While you’re not going to be running all the servos at full tilt, I wouldn’t go below 100W on the supply, and would probably shoot higher to have a safety buffer. I know my two alone go up to about 60W together when using a fast script.

I bought this 5V 15A supply off amazon. The extra 5 amps keeps my FUNSR6 from browning out due to very high-speed movements and most carrier stall conditions when I was messing around with it.

The stall current on the FUNSR6 servos is claimed to be 5A at 5V for reference.

JOVNO 100-240V AC to DC 5 Volt 15 Amp 75W Power Supply
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08764XJ2M