Subtitle Edit (auto generate and translate subtitles from videos)

So Ive been trying to find ways to generate subtitles and I stumbled on this program suggested on reddit. Its called Subtitle Edit and the gist is that it allows you to greatly have a lot of editing tools to edit subtlite files. All cool n stuff but there is a tool in the program called Whisper. This will extract the audio form whatever video file you feed to the program, you can set it to translate it and it will spit out a translated srt file. Its program generated so don’t expect high quality but from feeding 3 jav films in there, it came out pretty damn accurate. Its user friendly, aka Im not a coder and I was able to easily navigate the interface. I used it for javs and used the medium model. The bigger the model you use the more accurate it gets from my testing.

Here are the subtitles I generated with the program, pretty good imo

srt for SDDE-662, Sdde-648, and STARS-551

SDDE-662 Studio Geki Piston Limited Immediately Saddle Muscl tmal.srt (17.5 KB)
[Sdde-648] Hard Pounding Only – Quickie At The Gym – Training Up To The Ultimate Ecstasy While Building Beautiful Bodies (1)-1.srt (43.7 KB)
[STARS-551] Intense Piston Limited Quick-Hamming Muscle Toregime - Beautiful Model Yuna Ogura - Creating A Beautiful, Well-Trained Body Through Climax Ejaculation.srt (34.1 KB)

Here is the link if you want to try it out. https://www.nikse.dk/

I DID NOT MAKE NOR CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS PROGRAM I AM ONLY SHARING WITH THE COMMUNITY FOR AWARENESS

3 Likes

I can teach you how to use whisper if you want. Any service youre using online like the one you mentioned will be using whisper without a doubt. WHich is a free thing to use. So if youre paying for it youre being ripped off

these are the open source repos its using. Whisperx being a better faster version of whisper

2 Likes

It does have the capabilty of using whisper x, it even has the interface ready for it but you have to have to already installed and put the path to it when you switch engine.

I should mention the program is free to use and download, I ain’t paying lol

Nice, theres a bunch of other stuff you can do with it too. Depending on what youre use case is theres a few other things you might want to try. But thats cool glad it works for ya

Just to make sure that you’re aware of it.

I’ve made this more flexible tool/process (but, also, more complicated) : How to create subtitles for a scene (2024)

It still uses Subtitle Edit for some parts but it can do a better job at transcribing/translating if you are willing to put more time into making your subtitles.

1 Like