The (official) Handy desk mount experience

I already did, but I haven’t heard from them yet besides from the standard ‘we will contact you asap’. The position was in the same position as I used it before. Basically like in the pic above. I hope I can get a new one asap lol.

same lmao - this is why I made the whole script-cadence-halving features in funscript.io in the first place :joy:
so many great scripts that I can’t get through more than 5 minutes of haha

4 Likes

Note that my comment was more ment as being informative, rather than denying its needed (although after reading it back didnt sound like that).

Ofcourse design flaws should be fixed if they are there.

They are sending a new one. Really good customer support!

3 Likes

hey guys, any weight range of sleeves i can use with the handy and with the desk mount? do not want to break it haha

The max recommended weight for sleeves is 500g; however, I try to find sleeves under that in the sub 300g range. Lighter will obviously move easier and be less prone to strokes being shortened or missed. The heaviest sleeve I use regularly is about 275g- I personally won’t try going heavier than this for now.

Not sure if you’ve come across this thread, but there are some great options here:

I use it with my Fleshight Go strapped into it and have no problem.

1 Like

My GProject Marshmallow-wan weighs about 425 gram. Moves in sync without noticeable slowdown.

thank you so much! will keep that in mind and check out the thread. does the same go for when using the desk mount? or should i chose something lighter

I haven’t had issues using my desk mount setup which uses similar parts. I think in terms of guaranteeing the best performance and device longevity, lighter is better, but anything under 500g should be fine with the desk mount.

If you use it in the recommended way, the Handy sits on your lower abdomen instead of being fully levitated. So the desk mount isn’t taking 100% of the burden. Using a strong magic arm for the set up will definitely help reduce the unwanted movements.

I am using a 6 inch Small Rig magic arm. It is very stable when running with the default sleeve. With the 425g sleeve attached it shakes a little at max speed. It doesn’t move at all when the Handy is rested on my body.

In terms of sleeve weight I think it has more to do with the Handy’s motor instead of the desk mount (which is unless you want it to be completely levitated).

Thank you for the info. I have a question, isnt a magic arm included with the official setup? is that one good enough?

1 Like

Yes it’s included. It’s good enough imo but keep in mind that mine broke after a week…

I DIY’d my own setup with the following:
71mm Tripod Mount
th-3221497899
Silicone Water Bottle Boots (to add girth to the top of the Handy)

SMALLRIG Magic Arm 10 inch (The clamp works, but not very friendly on wooden surface)

C-Shape Desk Clamp

It’s been a year since I’ve made this set-up and it’s still holding up.

If you have a 3D printer or printing store available, I would recommend printing the official mount cap in place of the Tripod Mount and Bottle Boot. Just prepare some silicone padding to stick inside.

5 Likes

I got a replacement after about 1.5 weeks (it took longer than the original order) They only send me the bar and not an extra handsfree cup which is kind of fair I guess because only the bar broke. But… guess what broke after using it two times? The handsfree cup…

At this point I can’t recommend this set to anyone.

1 Like

I also got the official mount at release and haven’t had any issues with it even when using a fleshlight boost blow.

2 Likes

I got my replacement handsfree cup. It took a week though so I hope this one doesn’t break. I’ve also been told that they are going to use a different material that is supposedly sturdier than the current one. No idea when though.

My bar just broke after about 5 uses also. Cup still good ordered a heavier duty bar on amazon hopefully it lasts

1 Like

That’s sad to hear… I will definitely get a sturdier one too if it breaks again.

I use the CAMVATE 11 inch arm for my setup (Amazon for under $20). I’ve been using it for almost a year without any issues, and I have additional plates and ball heads attached to it so it’s been supporting more than just The Handy.

1 Like