The world's quietest OSR2 and SR6, Same is the cheapest~~~

Sorry to be a critic yet again, but I notice the combined 5V current draw of the two main servos would be 9A (and that isn’t even counting the pitch servo) but you appear to be using a 5V 6A power supply for the OSRs - at least 3A lower than the servo current draw and even more while the pitch servo is working. I doubt they are reaching their specified torque.

The current deficit would be even more for an SR6 if it’s using the same power supply?

Is under-currenting the servos maybe part of the reason for the reduced noise in the videos? That might actually be a useful strategy for noise reduction, but I think it’s then pretty important to show the device working vertically at a reasonable speed with a fleshlight attached so people get an accurate impression of its capabilities and noise under load.

1 Like

The load is 1.25KG, and there are no issues with the operation

5 Likes

Many times, simply comparing performance data doesn’t make much sense, as there are differences in application scenarios, product structures, materials, etc. In the context of SR6, we believe that stability is the top priority, followed by noise and cost as the second priority.

This is stall current, meaning maximum current drawn when you prevent the servo from moving and its applying maximum torque.
During normal operation it wont be nearly as high.

1 Like

Good point, and probably a good safety measure (in terms of servo temp/longevity) that the power supply can’t feed them the full draw current at a stall.

3 Likes

To whom it may concern and for transparencies sake.

I was approached by this company under the guise of cooperation when really their end goal has been to force me out of the North American Market. This is no longer a small business if they are attempting to corner two massive markets. They are already the only company in China that sells this product to my knowledge. I have repeated expressed to them that they would be completely robing me of my livelihood and ability to provide for my family and that I have nothing else to fall back on. Their only response to this is that this sort of thing happens all the time. I am happy to provide the entire transcript of our conversation for those who want to see just how they conduct themselves.

I am only making this post as I feel I have been forced into a corner with no other option. My livelihood is at stake and I am expecting a baby girl to join my family June 2023 so I cannot sustain any loss of revenue.

If you want to support a product made by a US based small business, single ownership company, and buy a product/service that puts food on my family’s table you know where to go. I will work towards reducing the cost and lead time of my product to attempt to compete with someone who has the advantage due to their location and prior knowledge.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to building for you.

3 Likes

Our ultimate goal is to provide users with a better experience of sexual toys through technology and product iterations, rather than replacing you, as such an idea holds no value for users. We have always been striving towards this goal.
OSR2 itself is open source, allowing anyone to produce and manufacture it. We believe that by improving the product and making it more affordable, more people will become aware of it, leading to a better community.

1 Like

I wont be going back and forward over this but that is only a small segment of our conversation. Again, for transparencies sake.

Please post all of our chat records, including the content you retracted.

Really great work, looking forward to testing some of these out for myself soon.

Send me 2-3 servos and I will provide an unbiased comparison of them against the traditionally used china servos. I will provide feedback on noise, responsiveness, jitter, and smoothness of movement.

I have nearly zero stock of the typical china servos, so I have no vested interest in the performance of @renwoxing 's servos vs the typical servos. This company tried to contact me in the past, but the language barrier was too great for us to work anything out. Hopefully they get better communication and we’re able to validate their claims for ourselves.

5 Likes

I was not going to mention it, but the language barrier was excruciating. Well said.

Looks very promising and MUCH cheaper; I do need an actual “long time user” here to post their testimonies because as usual while things are cheaper I must know what kind of quality to expect.

@renwoxing The AliBaba page has some strange wording and formatting. Also are you thinking/researching a 360 degree servo with the same noise cancelling feature for the twisting aspect?

I dont know where the drama came from, seems out of nowhere when reading just this thread; I wouldve figured that it would be a very good thing to have cheaper alternatives that may offer the same or better specifications and quality, but I feel like getting the products out there could build interest in Multi-Axis Scripts and programs as that is the next hurdle of these kind of very niche products, is that the support and content is not huge. Perhaps that can be a model to go off from or perhaps licensing (Dont be “smart” about the pricing, you would start killing interest in buyers). Im not looking to getting involved, just throwing in my 2 cents from a customer’s point of view.

3 Likes

It is possible to create a 360-degree servo with the same noise-canceling feature for the twisting aspect. However, currently, our user base has less demand for rotation. If there is a significant demand, we can develop it in a short period.

No problem, we have already contacted you on Discord. If cost is not a concern, we can produce even more superior servos. The current servo is a result of comprehensive considerations, especially in terms of price, and it represents the best balance of performance.

We will continuously iterate on our products to enhance their competitiveness in the long term. I will continue to share updates on optimizations, including the design of new products, and am open to receiving criticism and suggestions. We aim to make FunScript and OSR2 known to a wider audience, increasing awareness about our community and encouraging more people to participate.

Improvements in testing, support for WIFI, and motion independent of data sources.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.