Using Quest 2 lying down

Hi guys,
Pardon me if this is a foolish question, but i figured that a lot fo other people might be facing these issues.
When we use Quest2 lying down on the bed, the controllers behave weirdly. Also, if i want the UI of heresphere etc. in front of me, it still appears straight ahead and neck has to be bent at a weird angle… Recentering just adjusts the left/right position of the ui but not the up/down position

Has anyone else of you also faced similar issues, i will be grateful if any of you can give some suggestions…
thanks,

1 Like

The DeoVR app lets you reset the viewpoint, but it’s pretty hokey. AutoPlayVR used to have a reorient button when you paused the video that was always in your face. I think that was the best solution I’ve seen sor far.

1 Like

try reset orientation button as opposed to the recenter one.

1 Like

I think the issue has to do with guardian or whatever it’s called. When you set it to stationary, a circle is created below your headset, because it assumes that’s where you are sitting. But if you are lying down, then it gets wonky. What I do is create the guardian before lying down. Then I scoot forward about 1-2 feet before I lie down. This should place you within the guardian circle.