Using restim and Intiface Central

:warning: Note :warning:

Intiface does not officially support estim devices. Don’t ask questions about estim in the buttplugio discord server, you will not get help there.

Intro

restim is a way to convert funscripts or Tcode into estim audio. Basically, anything you can use with a stroker, you can use with restim. You can read more about it here and here. With Intiface Central 2.6.0, it’s become very easy to link up restim for use with any game you might have used a stroker with.

Setup

restim

Go to Tools → Preferences → Network, and ensure Buttplug (WSDM) is checked :white_check_mark:
The default address (ws://127.0.0.1:54817) is appropriate if you are hosting Intiface Central from the same computer. Do not change the port.
The “generate beta axis” option is optional.

Intiface Central

Ensure you’re using version 2.6.0 or newer.
Go to Devices, and scroll all the way to the bottom and click Websocket Devices (Advanced).
Add a websocket device with protocol tcode-v03, and name restim

That’s all there is to it! Intiface central will send Tcode on axis L0 to restim, to be converted into audio and output by your stereostim box.

Connecting multiple restim instances to the same Intiface Central

The biggest limitation of restim is that it’s only meant for a single set of triphase electrodes. If you’re looking for more electrodes with separate calibrations, you need to have multiple instances of restim.
Guide for how to do that here.

restim

Same steps as for single restim, just do it for both instances. Ensure the Buttplug (WSDM) address and port are the same.
See Duplicate Device Addresses below, and ensure both restim instances have unique device addresses.

Intiface Central

Add a second Websocket device, again with protocol tcode-v03, and with a name matching your second restim instance (eg. restim_dual)

Troubleshooting

Duplicate Device Addresses

restim has a default device address of 00000000, set in the source code. If you have another device with the same address, only one of the two will be able to connect at a time. The address of a device is the last eight digits as pictured:

To fix this, it’s easiest to download the restim source and edit this value to something unique. Open file net/buttplug_wsdm_client.py and change the value of DEVICE_ADDRESS on line 14. You can then compile restim, or run it from source.

1 Like

this looks really complex i wonder how it compares to this site (which ive been using for years now)

https://cfs6t08p.github.io/funstim/funstim.html

Restim dev here. Just FYI, I’ve noticed some weird issues when running two Restim instances at the same time because both instances reference the same config file. Be very careful, even simple things such as changing the volume will sometimes have unpredictable effects. Not recommended.

1 Like

I’ve added a guide on how to do this properly. I made a small fork which changes the name of the program to let it reference a different .ini, have its own logs, and gives it its own buttplug device address.

1 Like

That’s definitely the right way to do it. Good job!

It’s somewhat the same thing but infinitely more configurable. Looks complex but it really isn’t that difficult to figure out once you look at the readme. It’s a must for anyone who likes E-Stim if you ask me. I rarely have a session without Restim nowadays to be honest. You can use it with a simple funscript(the way smeedler explained + Scriptplayer it is how my chain is set up) or you could use it on it’s own by converting the funscript. There’s also a few people who are making insane experiences with multiple funscripts commanding multiple Restim settings for the same video. I believe Mistress and the Control Box is pretty much a Restim session that was recorded.

I’m doing a piss poor job at explaining it, but honestly there’s so many things you can do with it, it’s hard to know where to start.

idk if i understan it completely but what i usually do is go on my phone and do split audio for estim audio and video audio in bluetooth earbuds idk if i can use this to create better audio files

As far as I know, Restim is PC only. You could create the files with Restim on PC and send them to a phone, but if you want to do everything from a phone, I don’t think it’s possible, unfortunately.