WARNING - Buymeacoffee

Just a warning to get any funds out of Buymeacoffee.com accounts as soon as you can. I just got an email saying my account was suspended for ‘adult materials’ and all money in the account would be returned to donors. They seem to be cracking down on perceived violations of their T&Cs due to content.

3 Likes

My account is gone too for the same reason. I didn’t even link to any site (neither EroScripts or FapTap) and I also did not post anything there. I guess they researched what scripts are and came to the conclusion it’s against tos. Not really understandable for me, because we just create a funscript file, which is just a file and nothing else. Anyway, I am trying my luck on Ko-fi now.

1 Like

Yup :c I got a refund from a scripter I tipped back in January

1 Like

This happened to me as well, likely around 6 weeks ago. In addition to what you all got, I also got a cease and desist email from their attorney threatening legal action if I tried to create a different account moving forward. I had three clients who had paid me for commissions and their money was trapped there. Their money was refunded and in all three cases, the clients paid me in other ways, even though I’d already delivered the script to them, which I thought was nice.

In my situation, I was deliberately vague in my buymeacoffee page. But I did link back to Eroscripts and mentioned haptic scripting, both of those were mentioned in the C&D so I suspect they know what ES is.

1 Like

The HTTP protocol contains an optional referrer header when you click on links that the receiving web server can use to see from where a visitor came from. So even if you don’t link to EroScripts, buymeacoffee can see that someone came to their site by clicking a link on EroScripts most likely.

2 Likes

It’s absolute trash. They banned me awhile back and locked my funds, but eventually gave them back to me. I just pretended to pursue litigation and they obliged.

2 Likes

Oof. Does anyone know if they’re more lax now? Or how to avoid being banned?