Working on my first script, looking for advice - Amateur Reverse Cowgirl Fuck with Juicy Creampie - NoFaceGirl

You have to check your script. The best way is to use the simulator in OFS or JFS. Place the simulator next to the action and play the video at a speed that feels comfortable. The action in the video shall be perfectly in sync with the simulator movements if the points are set right. If they are not then you will see that the simulator is running behind or too early when the direction changes in the video.

When it comes to actually placing the points while scripting it should not be an issue for frame-by-frame scripting. You are stepping one frame at a time and finding the direction changes should be trivial in most cases. If you use on-the-fly scripting then it is a matter of selecting a suitable video playback speed, setting a right reaction time value that matches your reaction time and select an input device that works for you (mouse, gamepad etc.). After that it’s a matter of gaining experience by practicing.

Sentinel said it all.

I am assuming you do the frame by frame method. Just check when she moves up. Go back one frame, place the lowest point there.

Also don’t pressure yourself with frame perfect placement. There is a tolerance when it comes to placing the points. If you place a point 2 or 3 frames off, it’s usally not noticeable.

Good choice choosing a riding scene instead of a blowjob scene. They are way easier and better for the first scripts.

Yes I do. There’s just some points where it looks like a few frames she’s still at one point

I wanted to do the Miss Banana video I mentioned. Still plan to, but not for the first one.

Do you mean that she tend to do a micro pause when reaching the end? If that is the case then you might consider to create a plateau, i.e. two consecutive points with the same value, but some distance apart so that the device also pauses for a fraction of a second. If the delay at the end is only 2-3 frames (@30 fps) you should probably just set one point where the direction starts going in the opposite direction. When the pause is counted in 0.1-0.2+ seconds then you should consider a plateau to get that micro pause on the stroker. Devices also require a minimum time in between each commands/point since the device only process a limited amount of commands/points per second. How far apart depends on the device. The device will just delay commands if they are too close so you don’t need to handle it explicitly yourself but it’s good to know since you might want to avoid points to close to each other since that will not be reflected on the device due to these restrictions.

Not really I don’t think. But frame my frame in the video can look like she’s in the same spot for a few frames.

That is what I meant with a micro pause :slight_smile: The girl moves up and stops for a fraction of a second and then goes down. If the pause is long enough it might need to be scripted as a plateau with no movement to be perfectly in sync.

Unless, you experience this due to decoding lag because you haven’t re-encoded the video to become a video consisting of full frames only (i.e. no partial frames caused by video compression). Frame by frame doesn’t always work well with the original video downloaded from the official studio site, partially due to the compression (requires lots of extra computations) and partially due to the high resolution (each frame consists of more pixels that must be processed when decoding). I always re-encode the video I’m scripting to 2K resolution with only I-frames (i.e. no video compression). This makes stepping frame by frame while scripting fast and smooth without any lag or other issues. You can use ffmpeg from the command line or use FunExpander to accomplish that. Read more in Tips and Tricks section on the right in this post:

I only downloaded using JDownloader and did not re-encode. So when I am in JFS I have 29 frames in every second. As it currently is I can’t see any difference in a frame next to another. The video is also jumpy when playing at regular speed in JFS

I’ll start over I guess since I didn’t re encode

I think I am getting a bad lag in my script just a few seconds in. But I’m not sure.

You don’t need to scrap your work and start over because of that. If you do re-encode your video file then just rename the funscript file to match that file name and load it all up in OFS/JFS.

Is it working better now after the re encode?
Did you download the video at a higher quality than 1080p?

Have you tried another video or does the lag just appear with this particular video?

I never had to re encode a video, but I am always using the 1080p version of it.

Well, I’m not sure how it’s supposed to work or if I need to re encode. Regulat playback in the player of JFS, the video is a little jittery, not completely smooth. However when I am clicking through frames while working, it goes 1,2,3,4 and so on through each and every second. There’s about 29 to 30 or so clicks in every second.

The lag in the simulator may be in my head. I’m not sure.

I am using 1080 too I think.

I don’t think you need to do any re-encoding. 1080p seldom requires that. It is usually 4K and up that needs re-encoding.

JFS tend to load all videos in 30 fps (as it did for you) regardless of the source frame rate. This is not a bad thing because 30 fps is good enough for scripting. 3 frames are 0.1 seconds and you really don’t feel if the script is out of sync less than 0.1 seconds. More than 2-3 frames can be noticeable depending on the scene I would say.

Sweet! Maybe I’m OK, I’m not really sure how encoding is done or even how to install. Lots to learn!

No worries. You don’t need to know much about it. If you start scripting 4K+ videos, know that you should re-encode the video to get better performance in JFS and OFS. FunExpander (written by @HeelsLover69) can do that for you and the software is available here in this forum in the Software category.

1 Like

Which do I need fun expander or ffmpeg?

FunExpander use ffmpeg and is basically a nice user interface so that you don’t need to write a complex ffmpeg command line. So you can survive with only ffmpeg if you need to re-encode but what I hear is that you will most likely combine that with FunExpander for ease of use.

2 Likes

Re encoding after starting doesn’t affect the script timing?

No, you can re-encode at anytime.

Thanks I’ll keep that in mind should I ever need to re encode. In the meantime, I will continue to work on my script. It will be a long long time before it’s up because I am going frame by frame, forward and rewinding. Meticulously searching for what I feel is the right moment to place a point and then deciding depth. I will test with a handy for quality. I will only release for public use and feedback when and if I am satisfied.

Once that is done I’ll move to another video, and as before release for public feedback once I am happy.

PS to everyone: I do not have any plans to sell scripts or take requests at this time. I have a LONG way to go before that can happen.