Any new models of the Handy or Kiroo Keon in the future?

Hi, I’m still doubting between which toy to buy, nevertheless is been almost 3 years since they were launch. Do you know if it is going to be a new model of any of them in the near future?. How long it passed from the previous version of each model to the currents ones?.

Thank you!.

1 Like

I think the Handy is on the 2nd version, but it’s more or less the same device. Just a few minor changes, nothing that really changes the functionality. Not sure about the Keon, but I think it’s also basically the same model a always. Can’t really comment the Keon though, so I may be totally wrong. I bought one of the Kiroo toys about 3 years ago, and it was a complete waste of money. Absolutely useless. Utter trash. I don’t even remember what it was called. So I have steered clear of anything made by Kiroo since then.

If I had to guess, there will only be new models for these toys every 4-5 years. That seems like a long time, but this kind of tech is improved via firmware updates. They do a major update about once every 4-6 months. In between the major updates, they release smaller udpates to address minor bugs. In addition to this, the Handy just rolled out the Handyverse, a new app for mobile devices with an updated interface for loading scripts and videos from local sources.

Think of it like it’s smart phone/ TV/ computer/ gaming console. You only need to buy a new one very like 3-5 years maybe, but your device will receive major updates during that time.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.